New Superb without camouflage

13633780591560717650_zps6d1af531.jpg

They appear to be releasing a little more all the time!  The lines and shape are more apparent here.  The colours and wheel size doesn't do it any favours though and it looked more substantial with the camouflage but then again its just a prototype I suppose.  If you add detailing and chrome etc it would be a different car again.  Looks a bit like the last generation Passat from this angle however!! :dull:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/114121685996/2015-skoda-superb-spied-with-less-camouflage

More pics below....note the rear wipe.  I wonder if this will be on the production model.  Personally I think it takes a bit from a car that is being targeted at the 'premium' segment.

http://www.carwale.com/news/16959-2015-skoda-superb-spied-testing-with-negligible-camouflage.html

11111_zpsa50b681a.jpg

222222_zps824f0aea.jpg

333333_zpse97e474a.jpg

4X4 and 190 ponies running on the agricultural stuff, sign me up!

Must have, Alcantara seats as a standard, no cloth, leather I can live with but don't want.

Is it just me, but it really looks like covered up Octavia 3? A bit longer, but still...

Definitely agree with you there, it is a slightly disappointing but then again that is way most car manufacturers are developing their ranges.  How often do you look at an Audi from a distance and wonder if its an A4 or A6 or even an S-class Merc that turns out to be a new C-class up close.....  We'll just have to wait for the Geneva car show in February I suppose.

Why is the rear wiper so contentious? While I use RainX on the back of Mk1 Superb, rear wiper would be very welcome, especialy in town.

Regarding seats and drivetrain, I am actually hoping for Skoda to do the sensible 190bhp FWD manual gearbox with either cloth or velour heated seats. And Rough Road Package, or even better a full mix/match options list as available elsewhere in Europe.

Leather and Alcantara are not as practical and long-lasting, at least not in this car's price range (just look at Mk2 leather seat wear).  Both are awful if you plan to use car for 8-15 years and 200k+ miles, fabric/velour wins every time. Also, I've driven long enough not to need 4WD nor automatic gearbox, (both have long term service/maintenance issues), just decent all weather tyres (or summer/winter sets) and FWD+manual gearbox are enough. Sense and sensibility, if a bit boring? Yes, but that's what Skoda used to be about.

The looks are not bad, but this bonnet to wing line will take some time to sink in before it is accepted. The rear is much better than Mk2 IMHO, when I considered getting Mk2 I only ever considered estate, purely for reasons of external appearance.

• Like 1

Definitely agree with you there, it is a slightly disappointing but then again that is way most car manufacturers are developing their ranges.  How often do you look at an Audi from a distance and wonder if its an A4 or A6 or even an S-class Merc that turns out to be a new C-class up close.....  We'll just have to wait for the Geneva car show in February I suppose.

It seems it will be officialy presented in February.

I know these photos were out for a while but if you look at the lines (especially the detailing around the rear door and the line running down the side) it is not dissimilar to what was on the road the other day.  With some proper finishing and detailing, the final product might not look too different from this

untitled111_zps6fad6a5e.png

untitled_zps03cf4960.png

There's still a fair bit of disguise there, albeit in body colour rather than dazzle patterns.

Agreed, try as I may there is nothing on the red car that excites me. 

Won't bother me - I'm waiting for the Combi pictures !

+1

The blue car above looks much better IMO.

I've driven long enough not to need 4WD nor automatic gearbox, (both have long term service/maintenance issues), just decent all weather tyres (or summer/winter sets) and FWD+manual gearbox are enough. Sense and sensibility, if a bit boring? Yes, but that's what Skoda used to be about.

Some of us don't have a choice about manual or dsg.  Some who've gone over to dsg don't want to go back either. 

10857821_1032552823426626_89412864642758

Looks interesting, especially with the Czech crystal inspired lenses. Seems to me it will have a smaller wedge to the headlamp cluster on the outer edge. Can't wait to see more!

Yes, rear wiper is very functional but it spoils the beauty of a saloon or a coupe styled car so it is a no no for me. If they add rear wiper to the next gen Superb in the UK, it wouldn't be any different to Rapid or Octavia other than the size & proportions which will be a shame.

Is that New Suprb's headlight btw? Those lines (like eyebrows) below the headlight illuminate along with DRL's I reckon. What do you guys think? They should offer full LED if you ask me being a flagship model

Edited by joeboy1980
  • Like 1

Well, I think those pics are not completely without camouflage... if you look carefully to them you can easily guess plastic covers on headlights and also in the back, I'd bet the final look will not be as seen in those photos. Also the front grille is partially covered.

And talking about the rear wiper, it's not pretty but very practical. Anyway I'll wait for the combi ;)