Pics of modded Rapid

The lowered Spaceback looks cracking. There's so gash in there but some nice looking examples as well. Always liked the CZ Race blue Rapid (the one with the LED DRL's) :thumbup:

shame that's one of the more obvious photoshops - being the age-old Rapid vRS rumour photo.

some of the genuine ones are pretty sweet though. I like the TT rep rims, the Scirocco reps as well.

not to mention I really like what look like Octy 19's - how would you make them fit a 5x100 hub?

Edited by camelspyyder

not to mention I really like what look like Octy 19's - how would you make them fit a 5x100 hub?

Eibach or H&R PCD adapters (5x100 to 5x112) - put that in on a search and you'll find them widely available.

They come in varied widths so they also act as spacers which is perfect as the Octy vRS 19" Xtreme's are 7.5J and have an ET51 offset - so a set of 10-15mm adapters on the front and 15-20mm adapters on the back would fill the arches nicely (remembering you'd need to use 225/30 R19 rubber to retain close to the original rolling circumference).

A nice but costly upgrade - circa £900-1000 for the rims, £480-640 for semi-decent/decent rubber and £200-225 for the adapters.

Oh… and there's the cost of lowering on springs or coilovers as it would look daft with 19" rims and an 'Allroad/Scout' stance - probably £250-1250.

• Like 1

shame that's one of the more obvious photoshops - being the age-old Rapid vRS rumour photo.

I know that's a PS, still looks good though. The lowered SB could be a bit 'chavvy' for some but it looks smart - IMO :happy:

The Rapid is by far the nicer external design than the Octy III and the size is more practical too. So having owned both cars I feel Skoda are missing a trick with there being no vRS for both the Notch and Spaceback and they should also have a notch Monte in place of the Sport.

Just hope they leave the externals pretty much as is come facelift time and just go for Fabia III tweaks in the electrics, media and options department, plus one touch up windows :yes:  Oh they could also go one better, for me anyway, a Spaceback Outdoor 4x4  B)

The one thing Skoda are really missing from their line up is a small 4x4 to take on Fiat's Panda and 500, as their current 4x4's like the Octy III I owned are getting to big.

TP

Just hope they leave the externals pretty much as is come facelift time and just go for Fabia III tweaks in the electrics, media and options department, plus one touch up windows

TP

I would like to see them add led drls and factory fit sports suspension option.. and improve the sound quality. Otherwise I might go for a Fabia next..

• Like 1

It is sweet looking for sure.. but the travel on those front coil overs must be set to near zero as there's no accommodation for the slightest bump in the road or even minimal body roll round a fast or sharp corner!

Form over function at its best!

It could of course be running an air set-up but it would have to be a complete custom job or modified Golf system as there's no-one out there to my knowledge making a standard fit system for the Rapid or Toledo?

• 1 month later...