Delocked and a flat battery!

Sam84

Why not attach a couple of wires to the battery, one positive the other negative, route them down to an accessible location behind the bumper, insulate them and then they are readily available should this happen again. The wires only need be capable of carrying 10 amps, can be fused and the door locks wont take much current.

Like a hidden Anderson connector?

is it just a case of sticking a delocked blanking bit over the actual lock? so you could in theory just pull the tab off (same as you where about to remove the handle) and put the key in? or does the lock mechanism get in the way? just wondering

is it just a case of sticking a delocked blanking bit over the actual lock? so you could in theory just pull the tab off (same as you where about to remove the handle) and put the key in? or does the lock mechanism get in the way? just wondering

No its a metal insert, you remove the complete lock barrel and replace it.

In olden days when car locks were made of tin foil and cake, scrotes would ram a bar through the lock and twist, both screwing up the lock and door, and unlocking the car. Hopefully, modern car systems are a little tougher than that. Was also a craze of welding armour plates under the door skin around the lock area as said scrotes started ramming bars through the door skins instead.

Not quite sure why you'd de-lock a Fabia rather than simply fit a blanking cap from a LHD car. Unless you can't - of course.

Edited by vindaloo

i don't want to delock my car, im asking if you can put a plastic cover over the barrel to make it LOOK like its delocked incase your battery goes flat you can use a key!

• Like 2

My parents used to have a VW Camper in Mint Green & white which had no handles on the outside at all. Used solenoids & hidden magnetic switches to operate the doors.  But there was a secret way in, so if battery died, you could unlock it.  Delocking without a failsafe is a really stupid idea.

• Like 2

My parents used to have a VW Camper in Mint Green & white which had no handles on the outside at all. Used solenoids & hidden magnetic switches to operate the doors. But there was a secret way in, so if battery died, you could unlock it. Delocking without a failsafe is a really stupid idea.

Crowbar? :P

i don't want to delock my car, im asking if you can put a plastic cover over the barrel to make it LOOK like its delocked incase your battery goes flat you can use a key!

No the lock mech will stick out too far for the cap to sit over it.

• Like 1