Amundsen - voice input of address / town

I have recently updated my Amundsen to the lastest version from the Skoda website (P45_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT_Q1.14).

I'm not sure if it has always been like this, but I am finding I am not able to use voice control to enter an address or town. If I say "navigation" then "new destination" the screen correctly goes to the address page. However, I then get an audio message saying that address input using voice is not available for this country (which is the UK for me). It then tells me to enter the address using the screen.

Is this normal behaviour? I seem to remember I was able to correctly voice input the address when I had the previous version installed.

Interesting.

A folder is missing in the latest download and one member suspected this might have something to do with files used by voice input.

See this thread http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/334171-direct-download-link-for-new-mib-columbus-maps-ece-v098-2015-amundsen-ece-v045-2015/page-3

• Like 1

Interesting.

A folder is missing in the latest download and one member suspected this might have something to do with files used by voice input.

See this thread http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/334171-direct-download-link-for-new-mib-columbus-maps-ece-v098-2015-amundsen-ece-v045-2015/page-3

Can you just copy the folder over from the backup that you have made?

• Like 1

Can you just copy the folder over from the backup that you have made?

Success :clap: ! I copied over the VDE folder (which I assume contains all the voice control files) from my backup of the older version to the latest version and the voice input is now working again for addresses.

Strange that the VDE folder is missing in the latest update.

Thanks for your help.

• 3 months later...

After a thorough search behind the sofa ive found it !

this should take you to the vde folder - its just over 1Gb and wont be fully uploaded yet, here in north yorkshire our broadband is almost as fast as dialup.

put the VDE folder in the EU folder on the memory 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/685m0bkvm9na9zz/AACTecntz42S4Ah0ym372IhZa?dl=0

good luck - usual stuff about at your own risk etc .......