EE superfast 4G - Where is it?

The Zee

Having been pursuaded to join EE after being sucked in by the “buffer face” adverts I want to know where this superfast 4G on EE is.

I live in a large town in the South East where 4G just does not exist. I work in the City of London and it is a constant hunting game to find a 4G signal. Outside my office I am lucky if I can get an “Edge” signal. Inside my office there is nothing (no data or ordinary phone signal). My business workmates on Vodafone work just fine.

Have I been conned?

Does 4G exist?

Is it in Narnia?

It certainly does not seem to be very popular down south.

What are your experiences?

If you find it let me know!! I live in Hull. 4g fine outside in the city centre but despite living well within the advertised 4g area on their coverage map I only manage h at best.

Every time I've called to complain there's been engineering works in my area as one of the masts is faulty...

Yeah right!!

They left it behind after the golf at Gleneagles so I have it round here in the middle of nowhere.

Most of the larger cities have it now but I'm led to believe there are now contention issues so it's not always fast.

Edited by Aspman

Lack of coverage is why I have opted for a 3G only replacement phone; why have the battery draining "features" if you cannot actually connect at the high speeds being suggested?? (Waiting for my Umi Zero to arrive).

My phone is 4G ready and I have only advanced 3G signal at around 30mb/s down 4mb/s up but I have no battery drain issues for something that is not in use. 

I'm on 4GEE and it has been extremely good - 46 Coverage in West and Central London is excellent, and I'm getting 4/5 bars of 4G on the outskirts of Basingstoke.

Near Uxbridge, I have actually managed to get a full 30mb download speed out of it on an iPhone 5S.

Had it in Edinburgh for long enough and not found any problems except in areas where al coverage has been sparse (such as down narrow stone streets where you are lucky to get any pone signal at all).

Just before Xmas I managed to get 4g where I work in Falkirk for the first time as well so the network is definitely expanding

Edited by kilted

Whilst selling at a boot sale in Exeter I did a speed check and got about 18 MBPS - This is perhaps not the top whack of 4G but at the time given my home (normal) broadband is topping out at about 6 or 7 MBPS it was pretty astounding. :D