remapping DSG

Evening all.... just quick question I'm in progress of booking in for a remap on my 2.0TDI VRS with DSG..... I'm getting engine remapped but my question is has anyone had their DSG box tuned and does it really make any difference

Thanks

Yes the DSG remap makes a great difference. No more looking for top gear too soon and pop her in manual and she won't shift up till you do so with the paddles. Tied in with the remap you have a quick responsive car.

• Like 1

Sweet what I was looking to hear as wasn't really sure if it was worth the extra as well as paying for the remap...still economical as well I guess don't wanna loose that wife won't be happy lol

How much is a DSG Re-map? i need to get my Engine re-mapped after deleting the EGR, so could go for a package deal if its worth it. not that i have ever driven it in manual mode, only ever D or Sport as i dont have flappy paddles on my Ambiente.

DSG maps usually decrease shift times, disable the auto up-shift at red line in manual mode, increase the torque limit and provide launch control (if not already programmed from factory).

They also tweak the shift points about a bit too to prevent it shifting up so quickly all the time.

Here's an example from Revo:

Phil

Edited by Phil-E

How much is a DSG Re-map? i need to get my Engine re-mapped after deleting the EGR, so could go for a package deal if its worth it. not that i have ever driven it in manual mode, only ever D or Sport as i dont have flappy paddles on my Ambiente.

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/skoda/octavia-mk2/128/dsg-stage-1/#.VK1STtKsXAk

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/skoda/octavia-mk2/128/stage-1/#.VK1SYNKsXAk

REVO HAVE 25 PERCENT OFF 

DSG maps usually decrease shift times, disable the auto up-shift at red line in manual mode, increase the torque limit and provide launch control (if not already programmed from factory).

They also tweak the shift points about a bit too to prevent it shifting up so quickly all the time.

Here's an example from Revo:

Phil

Thats good video there.... very helpful.. i take itt with the tweaks they make you wont loose MPG as would still like to retain that

The Revo software is running in sport mode and the standard software is running in drive

Haha! Well spotted.

It starts off in Sport then switches straight to Drive. Very sneaky!

So I would say then unless you plan to exceed the gearbox's torque limit of 350nm is it really worth it?

Phil

Edited by Phil-E

Haha! Well spotted.

It starts off in Sport then switches straight to Drive. Very sneaky!

So I would say then unless you plan to exceed the gearbox's torque limit of 350nm is it really worth it?

Phil

Well that's what I'm trying to find out I guess is it really worth another 250 on top of remap

Was told that the box had a remap after problems but as far as I was concerned it made no change at all. They said give it a week to find how one drives  then it will be ok.End result sold it.

• Like 1

I had Revo for both engine and dsg but when my meccatronics went on my gearbox they could not reflash latest software, went with JRT Tunning as Revo were unhelpfull , better engine and Dsg map with JRT , VW software on the dsg is rubbish , seemless changes now and I have control http://www.jrtuning.co.uk/

• Like 1

I had Revo for both engine and dsg but when my meccatronics went on my gearbox they could not reflash latest software, went with JRT Tunning as Revo were unhelpfull , better engine and Dsg map with JRT , VW software on the dsg is rubbish , seemless changes now and I have control http://www.jrtuning.co.uk/

It's difficult being so far away from these tuners I have alot of people down here who swear by revo and they are 10 mins from mine.... where as sharks 3 hrs and Jr about same.. so you advice is its well worth the extra money

Jrt can post a byte flash to you you just plug in its a 64 byte not 8 byte like Revo so takes 35 seconds to load . I have had both Jrt is better

I didn't think the DSG map could be self flashed?

Hey have you checked out Turbo Dynamics? http://www.turbodynamics.co.uk/mapping

There is a cash back referral scheme running atm so may be worth getting a quote

i have a hp performance dsg tune.  it features:-

• Modified torque limiter & torque capacity upgrade 450 – 500nm
  • Modified D - Drive mode for better drivability (gear closely matched to engine load & vehicle speed)
  • The S - Sport program is "lowered" for better usability
  • Faster shift response (especially for the older models)
  • All new software is based on the newest VAG version
  • Clutch shudder is dramatically reduced
  • Longer life of gearbox & clutch packs, less clutch slip
  • Raised launch control (set dependent on specifications)
  • Full manual mode - no automatic upshift  – not recommended for street applications.

am glad i got it.  

sports mode is usable & fun.

manual mode is at ur command.

drive mode is not too trigger happy changing gears.

been almost a yr now and i'm still grinning everytime :)

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1

Have to say that looking at REVO is expensive ! at least £50 notes more than my garage recommended tuner down here in Brizzle.http://avontuning.co.uk/

Especially as you then need to add a similar amount for the DSG tuning. could be near £550/£600 for both stage 1 and DSG.