Tyre recommendations 18" Golus alloys

Folks, after 13k miles my original Conti sport contacts are done and I am looking for recommendations for a premium tyre which will hopefully last 20k without compromising on grip/wet performance etc..

I was looking at Goodyear eagle F1 asymmetric 2 or Dunlop sport max RT

Any opinions on either of these good or bad??

Most importantly what's wear rate like on both?

I've got Dunlop Sport Maxx GTs on mine. I do a lot of motorway mileage and have managed over 38k out of the fronts with 3mm remaining, just swapped them over to the rears to wear the pair that were on the rear a bit more on the front before changing them as they still got about 6mm. So, if you want a hard wearing tyre, go for these, not sure what difference the Maxx RTs have but the GTs are not very grippy, hence the hard wearing ability I guess and I don't think they help the ride quality either. I understand the Goodyear EF1A2s are a much better all round tyre and that is what I will change to if the Dunlop's ever wear out!

• Like 1

Another vote for Goodyears, my cars now on 24k miles, put them on a while ago as do a fair bit of mileage per annum and they're down to 4mm after 13k miles, rears still on 6.5mm, winters on now so will be putting them back on in April. Great tyre for all types of conditions and not bad for mpg either.

As an alternative suggestion. I am running Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance.

So far great wet and dry grip and good MPG with very little road noise, but have only done about 6000 miles to date so can't really offer an long term data on wear.

The ratings suggest these tyres have the same grip as the Asymmetrics but are quieter and more fuel efficient. They are similarly priced too.

Just to add, they are one speed rating down from the Asymmetrics but still good up to 168 mph. They also have a bumper on them so a bit of protection should you nibble a kerb.

• Like 1