order time for Octavia VRS

Would anyone who has ordered an Octavia VRS with options (so definately a factory order) be able share the order / lead time for their order?? My VRS is 4 years old in July (took 9 months to arrive!) And just wondered what the current order times were.

Thanks ?

Yep I remember asking in Dec 13 and quoted delivery for Jun 13. Glad I waited, cruise and flat bottom steering standard and avoided the Jan price rise. Pick it up next Friday.

Glad I waited, cruise and flat bottom steering standard and avoided the Jan price rise.

However, from Dec 13 the price went up twice (Jan 14 & Jun 14) before you actually ordered it...

You could be surprised with regards to options and it being a factory order. Took 2 from stock over the last week; first was Race blue TDI DSG Estate with sunset and black pack and the other being the complete opposite of TSI manual hatch, the lady was open on colour but had to have Nav and 19's, again found one which will be with me in about 2 weeks.

There are cars out there its just pot luck though if something matches or at least gets close to your ideal spec.

Order wise though, I think the estates still might be a tad longer due to excess demand on the O3 (whole range) last year but 12 - 16 weeks should cover it.

• Like 2

I ordered in early November and I have been given provisional build week 5, expected to the dealership by end of February. The original estimate was end of March so not too shabby

EDIT: i should add that my previous car (a passat) was estimated to take 4 months but ended up taking 7.

Edited by Greg R

We ordered a TDI VRS manual with many extras (see details in my signature) in week 45 (Oct 25th) was initially told a pick-up sometime in March '15, then it was built week 7 with a pick-up mid-march. As of this morning it's built week 4 (that's monday :clap: ) and a pickup mid February :-) Those delivery times seem to fit perfectly with Gregs above.

I have to say I was expecting about 9 months (after all the demo car from the dealer took that long) and it will be just shy of 4 months (if all goes well).

Hello from Norway .
I ordered a octavia rs estate TDI DSG on Monday 12.01. :D

Was ordered with almost everything that was on the list with optional equipment.

Got estimated delivery time for 3-4 months, but the seller shall continuously update me when things are happening with the car at the factory.

I ordered mine on 13th Jan and was told it would be around 3 months. Estate, pan roof, winter pack, canton, colour dot, race blue, petrol manual :D As long as it gets here before may then it can be run in before a trip to Germany and maybe a lap of the `Ring  :D

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered mine back in early nov,rallye green, sunset,pana roof ,elec tailgate, leather,heated ,push start and a few other toys. Have been given wk5 build ,delivery mid to late Feb...hopefully, but things can change. Ill be happy when I see it roll off the truck...worth the wait. Currently driving mk2 vrs estate tdi,and after a test in a mk3 its a whole diff animal

Ordered 23rd November 14. Race blue vrs estate TSI DSG, Columbus, canton, leather, winter pack, black design pack plus Inc 19" extremes, folding mirrors and detachable tow bar. Built w/c 19th Jan, now somewhere between here and the factory! Don't mind as I don't want it until 1st March (very excited though)!

I was in my local dealers 3 days ago and asked about lead times for a car I spec'd.

Around 12-14 weeks for the options I want, however as some of you may have read I have to sell my rally car first as that's the deal with swmbo (can't drive it now as my back is bu**ered)

Race blue

black pack

manual

sun roof

winter pack (heated seats are sooo good on my back)

folding heated door mirrors

boot net program

colour maxi dot

space saver (grrr standard full size wheel on a Mk1vrs)

Now wavering towards the Canton and Amundsen sat nav  :sweat:

• 2 weeks later...

Order mine last Tuesday , dealer has told me build week 12 and reckons end of March beginning of April , I'm not holding my breath though

I was in my local dealers 3 days ago and asked about lead times for a car I spec'd.

Around 12-14 weeks for the options I want, however as some of you may have read I have to sell my rally car first as that's the deal with swmbo (can't drive it now as my back is bu**ered)

Race blue

black pack

manual

sun roof

winter pack (heated seats are sooo good on my back)

folding heated door mirrors

boot net program

colour maxi dot

space saver (grrr standard full size wheel on a Mk1vrs)

Now wavering towards the Canton and Amundsen sat nav  :sweat:

I ordered my car on the 31st Jan, was told build week 12 but that has now come down and confirmed to week 11 (w/c 23rd March).

So that pretty much tallies with what you guys say.

Oh and went with the Canton but gave the sat nav a miss!

I ordered my car on the 31st Jan, was told build week 12 but that has now come down and confirmed to week 11 (w/c 23rd March).

So that pretty much tallies with what you guys say.

Oh and went with the Canton but gave the sat nav a miss!

That is really quick. Have they sorted the production delays or did you get a car that was already planned in?

Good choice about the Canton, you will use that everytime you switch on the radio/CD/etc. satnav is used less often (or maybe twice a year as in my case)

That is really quick. Have they sorted the production delays or did you get a car that was already planned in?

Good choice about the Canton, you will use that everytime you switch on the radio/CD/etc. satnav is used less often (or maybe twice a year as in my case)

I thought it's quick, but I was in there again yesterday and we looked on the computer and is confirmed for Bw 11.

The dealer has asked me to stop going in at every opportunity, because they will have to change the drivers seat due to wear, and have to wipe my dribble marks off the Octy VRS in the showroom!!