Digital Radio Adapter for Columbus (DAB)

Hey Guys,

Digital Radio has started to filter in big time here in Australia. My favorite talk back radio station  only delivers the Cricket on Digital Band (DAB). This really annoys me cause I want to hear the Aussies thrashing the poms at Cricket. 

Does anyone know of a digital device that plugs into the rear of my Columbus unit so that I may receive the digital signal. Is there anything I can do to receive the digital signal. I have an MY13 Skoda Superb Elegance.  

• Haha 1

This product is available in UK. It means adding a control unit to the front of the dashboard. And you would need to check that it's compatible with DAB in Australia. I don't personally have experience of the item. I have seen mention of other less obtrusive devices on this forum so there will probably be other folk along with better or more first hand advice. Good luck.

Do you have the MDI installed? Dension do a USB unit. I'm planning on this once my MDI is installed so can't say whether its any good. All the controls apparently look like MP3 tracks on a USB device, so in theory you should be able to see the stations in the maxidot and control it from the steering wheel.

Not really. How much would anyone spend on a DAB add on to their Columbus? £200? For that sort of money you could sell your Columbus and buy a DAB version, straight swap over, full integration with all car controls, and only a DAB aerial to fit which you'd need to do anyway with any DAB solution.