Rear light broken

Llanigraham

Haven't used the car for the last couple of days, mostly due to the wind and weather.

Went out this evening to collect some fish and chips and the noticed I've got a broken rear light lens! It looks like something has probably blown off one of the trees and hit the car.

Anyone got an off-side rear lamp cluster?

I've got to go to Nuneaton for a meeting on Wednesday afternoon so I might see if I can collect one on the way. Doesn't the dealer in Stourbridge offer us discount?

Oh, and the rear washer cover's disappeared!

Graham...... Be warned... . take great care with the rear washer jet as it's now extremely vulnerable to damage. It also may pop out & run for the hills if you use it without the cover in place.

If the jet housing is damaged or the jet itself gets broken off in the housing, then the only solution is a complete new wiper motor - and it's flippin' expensive (though dead easy to fit).

but hopefully it's all still ok.

Thanks John. The spray spindle is still there so I'll stick something over it for now.

EDIT.

Cover ordered via Ebay.

Plenty of lights there but I'm going to wait to see what the Stourbridge dealer can offer. 

Graham, I'm pretty sure that I've seen these on Ebay.

Fred

You beat me to it!

Message to self. Read ALL the messages before replying to any of them!

• Like 1

I did it on a previous yeti no probs, eventually put a 2 way switch in the circuit as drive both sides of channel on a regular basis and a flick of the switch changed the active side

Graham...... Be warned... . take great care with the rear washer jet as it's now extremely vulnerable to damage. It also may pop out & run for the hills if you use it without the cover in place.

If the jet housing is damaged or the jet itself gets broken off in the housing, then the only solution is a complete new wiper motor - and it's flippin' expensive (though dead easy to fit).

but hopefully it's all still ok.

Yup, the cost is in the region of £170 fitted.  May be a slight variance in costs with different dealers.

Haven't used the car for the last couple of days, mostly due to the wind and weather.

Went out this evening to collect some fish and chips and the noticed I've got a broken rear light lens! It looks like something has probably blown off one of the trees and hit the car.

Anyone got an off-side rear lamp cluster?

I've got to go to Nuneaton for a meeting on Wednesday afternoon so I might see if I can collect one on the way. Doesn't the dealer in Stourbridge offer us discount?

I don't think fish and chips will do anything to help your wind problem Graham, I find eating bland food for a few days cures mine. Hope the weather has improved too. :notme: Good luck with your search!

• Like 1

Rear light did NOT arrive!! And no tracking available.

Medical was "interesting"!

No improvement to my right hand so I'm still on "light duties" only, but there aren't any in my area and the Dr doesn't want to see me again as she can't see any chance of improvement in the next 6 to 12 months. I suspect medical retirement is in the offing.....................

Taking a positive attitude towards that, but finding another job at 61 in this area might be difficult. Still if the figures are right I might end up with a new car!

I'm taking a positive attitude about it Bri. I'm sure I'll find something.

If nothing else the CSMA looks like it will keep me busy for a while as I'm now Assistant Leader of their Motoring Committee, a delegate to the National Management Committee and running a caravan rally for them in May.

And forget the Leaf, it wouldn't tow the caravan!!

It will be another Yeti if i do get another car.

I still fancy a bronze one since I can't have a yellow one.

• Like 1

Replacement light arrived whilst we were away for the weekend, so will try it tomorrow after SWMBO has used the car in the morning.

(Usual excellent job by the local couriers, note through the door and the box left in the "shed")

Now fitted.

The £30 jobby I got is Taiwanese copy of the Skoda fitment. The only difference I can see is the clear section for the reverse lights is more clear, and very, very slight mis-shape in the bottom "boot" corner.

Hi Graham

As a matter of interest, what was the price difference between a genuine part & thecopy you managed to get - A link perhaps to your source?

Best wishes, as always..........Tony

Cheapest I could get a real one was just under £70 from the dealer in Stourbridge. Probably could have got it a bit cheaper from the usual "discount" dealers.

The one I bought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131390659695?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

£31.90 inc P & P.

Not that bothered that it is a bit different. I doubt many people will even realise.

Thanks for that Graham. A useful comparison. The link directs me to the dealer who is only 40 miutes away - you live and learn......Tony

PS. Early retirement can be very good! Said he enjoying eight weeks winter sun on the algarve, (currently 22 degrees on our terrace!) :-)