Help! rSap and the 3 network

Right I been playing around with this ... I tried a Vodafone sim in my note 4 and the E unit works as it should ..wifi is working and sms can be read out.

So it would seem it's a problem with the 3 sim card, interstingly when I put the Vodafone sim in the note 4 and connected to the car a sms came from Vodafone saying the sim had been put in a new device so they can obviously tell ...I will try and contact 3 technical and see what they say but before that I may try a new sim

Well my new module arrived today 3C8 035 730E.

Fitted in minutes and has the aerial socket required for the car aerial. Works perfectly with Samsung S4 on EE, Full functions including wifi,  text stuff etc.

Now the interesting bit.

We have two S4 phones both on 3. 

One connects and uses the premium giving full access and use. YIPPEE!! including wifi. ( This has a 2014 sim fitted)

The other (Mine of course) connects to the premium but then drops out and reconnects using ordinary Bluetooth. Phone function is good but not using the premium interface and car aerial. So no wifi. 

No reason I can discover. This phone is rooted too and I would have thought this would be fine. Has unlimited data on an older 3 contract so tethering is never an issue.

Settings exactly the same in both phones and even the additional Bluetooth menu becomes available for remote sim access. 

Still I have phone access and the wife has Bluetooth media facility, now she is happy.

For info my unit came from Lithuania £94 inc postage delivered in 4 days. Genuine unit. Link below if anyone is interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-2015-VW-SKODA-SEAT-BLUETOOTH-WI-FI-HOT-SPOT-MODULE-3C8035730E-3C8-035-730-E-/131476966424?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e9ca34c18

Well my new module arrived today 3C8 035 730E.

Fitted in minutes and has the aerial socket required for the car aerial. Works perfectly with Samsung S4 on EE, Full functions including wifi, text stuff etc.

Now the interesting bit.

We have two S4 phones both on 3.

One connects and uses the premium giving full access and use. YIPPEE!! including wifi. ( This has a 2014 sim fitted)

The other (Mine of course) connects to the premium but then drops out and reconnects using ordinary Bluetooth. Phone function is good but not using the premium interface and car aerial. So no wifi.

No reason I can discover. This phone is rooted too and I would have thought this would be fine. Has unlimited data on an older 3 contract so tethering is never an issue.

Settings exactly the same in both phones and even the additional Bluetooth menu becomes available for remote sim access.

Still I have phone access and the wife has Bluetooth media facility, now she is happy.

For info my unit came from Lithuania £94 inc postage delivered in 4 days. Genuine unit. Link below if anyone is interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-2015-VW-SKODA-SEAT-BLUETOOTH-WI-FI-HOT-SPOT-MODULE-3C8035730E-3C8-035-730-E-/131476966424?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e9ca34c18

Have you tried switching SIM cards between the phones?

Well I'm at the end of the road with this ...I've tried a different sim looks different from my original and tried many different combinations and it's definitely wittled down to a problem with the 3 sim interstingly bother my units B and E always worked fine with rsap it was only the WiFi that was the issue for me

Well after much changing of sim cards and phones etc, the rsap connection is perfect with an old nokia on EE etc and with galaxy S4  &  S5 phones on O2.

My findings are that of Silverdales !!   in conclusion it is the 3 Network that causes the issues.

I will be changing network next contract renewal.

I'd raher just swap to a module with handsfree then keep my unlimitied 4g data and 4GB a month tethering. No other network gets close in terms of what you get with Three.

Well after much changing of sim cards and phones etc, the rsap connection is perfect with an old nokia on EE etc and with galaxy S4  &  S5 phones on O2.

My findings are that of Silverdales !!   in conclusion it is the 3 Network that causes the issues.

I will be changing network next contract renewal.

I found this on my 1mth trial with 3. It was poor reception and constant switching between 3 and orange when it would connect. Back on Sainsburys (Vodafone MVNO) and all is well again!

I'd raher just swap to a module with handsfree then keep my unlimitied 4g data and 4GB a month tethering. No other network gets close in terms of what you get with Three.

What you mean apart from decent coverage and customer service   :D  :giggle:

As posted previously, my son  my wife and I are on the 3 network, On 2 different D revision modules we have tried with Rsap the module just disconnects after about 15 seconds, However, I have a B revision module which I removed from my Octavia when I sold it, my son has a C revision he bought from fleabay, and all phones connect to the both with rsap with no issue at all. I really can't get my head around why that should be but until I find a solution I will hold back from upgrading to the E module and sit with rsap vis the B

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I have changed my network and gone to EE.

I still use my galaxy S4 which I unlocked via 3 and have put my new EE sim in.

Everything now works perfectly with the E module on the EE sim.

Full premium  rSap connection including WiFi and the text message reading etc. 

So I can say without doubt that it is the 3 network SIM's that have the problem.

I now have a B module surplus to requirements.

3C8035730D

You're the only one i've seen to sucessfully use the D module on Three with rSAP. My dad has tried 2 'D' modules, and neither his, mine or my mum's will work on rSAP on Three, they keep getting kicked off, yet my wifes T-mobile works fine - and we've even swapped the SIM's around in the phones with the same result. We've all got S4's? What phone do you use??

Ignore the above, just seen the answer in the other rSAP thread!! lol. Totally lost on this one now...

Edited by MarkTB

You're the only one i've seen to sucessfully use the D module on Three with rSAP. My dad has tried 2 'D' modules, and neither his, mine or my mum's will work on rSAP on Three, they keep getting kicked off, yet my wifes T-mobile works fine - and we've even swapped the SIM's around in the phones with the same result. We've all got S4's? What phone do you use??

Ignore the above, just seen the answer in the other rSAP thread!! lol. Totally lost on this one now...

I've been able to use both the D and E module on Three with rSAP with my HTC One M7 GPE (with rSAP app).

Are all the S4's unbranded and running the same software?

• 2 weeks later...

Its for sure 3.. its thinking we are putting the sim with unlimited data into a ipad or laptop or mifi.

Simbo - is your data plan unlimited? - I am just wondering if it is becuase my data plan is unlimited they monitor what device my sim goes into.

or maybe you just got lucky!- the 1st  four months I was with 3 my 4gb tethering allowance didnt go down in the my3 app! it does now :( 

I sent my unit back now I am just trying to work out why yours works!!! - whatever you do dont ask for a new sim or anything or maybe it wont! Like I said maybe you are just lucky!

• 3 months later...

I can now confirm that Vodafone SIM cards DO HAVE ISSUES with Skoda bluetooth and the rSap profile.

Having had issues with random disconnects with my Galaxy S3 and Note 4, totally random, maybe a couple of weeks OK then disconnect from the car, then maybe reconnect to rSap, sometimes to basic hands free and maybe not at all unless I reconnected manually..

Since the 28th August until 17th October I tested the S3 with a Virgin mobile SIM, PERFECT, no disconnects and always connected to rSap. Worked about 22 times (This is days as I only log days OK not how many times on that day..)

On the 18th October I put in a NEW Vodafone PAYG SIM into the S3, just disconnected and reconnected! so it worked twice! 

Bear in mind I use the car Friday to Sunday only.. 

So I can confirm that the issue does lie with the Vodafone network/SIM 

I've given up on rSAP now.

Now just have a module that support HFP and music streaming. It now works with the other half's iPhone 6 which got me brownie points!

• 6 months later...

Please help. I have the D unit and mobile on Vodafone contract. How do I get Wi-Fi working?

We one have 2g where I am, but once on Wi-Fi it says no connection when trying my emails...which would download through mobile data!

What settings etc should I do...maybe done it wrong.

Also everytime I connect or disconnect I get a text from Vodafone saying, looks like you've xswapped your sim and regarding settings.....any way round this?

Right I been playing around with this ... I tried a Vodafone sim in my note 4 and the E unit works as it should ..wifi is working and sms can be read out.

So it would seem it's a problem with the 3 sim card, interstingly when I put the Vodafone sim in the note 4 and connected to the car a sms came from Vodafone saying the sim had been put in a new device so they can obviously tell ...I will try and contact 3 technical and see what they say but before that I may try a new sim

My car has the "E" module fitted .. This was replaced by the dealer from the original "D" version due to my phone keep disconnecting from Premium... I used a Note 4 with a Vodafone SIM (Quite an old SIM) and it is hit and miss, sometimes it connects and goes for days OK then others, like yesterday disconnected twice in 5 mins.. Sometimes connects as premium, sometimes basic handsfree and sometimes manually have to connect.. This was the same with the Galaxy S3 I had before.. 

So, I tried my S3 with a Virgin SIM for 4 months...worked 100% perfect! first day I tried the Vodafone...Disconnected.. 

My conclusion is the issues are SIM/Network related although Vodafone will not admit this! 

Once my contract is up I am looking at moving from Vodafone.... 

While driving I set my phone to GSM (o2) only,never had probs can make and receive calls,read texts and write texts.

Same when static in an area of varying (poor) mobile reception by switching to gsm only,the phone is prevented from auto switching between 4g,3g and 2g the auto switching process sometimes cannot keep up and a call is lost.

Some vehicle BT units will search for a reliable signal and if the phone is switching between 4-3-2g the vehicle unit will disconnect as no stable signal has been received.

rSAP can also have issues with android phones   some info here.....     http://www.android-rsap.com/about.html

Good luck.

While driving I set my phone to GSM (o2) only,never had probs can make and receive calls,read texts and write texts.

Same when static in an area of varying (poor) mobile reception by switching to gsm only,the phone is prevented from auto switching between 4g,3g and 2g the auto switching process sometimes cannot keep up and a call is lost.

Some vehicle BT units will search for a reliable signal and if the phone is switching between 4-3-2g the vehicle unit will disconnect as no stable signal has been received.

rSAP can also have issues with android phones   some info here.....     http://www.android-rsap.com/about.html

Good luck.

That is interesting, I will try setting my Note 4 to "GSM" rather than the standard setting of "LTE/WCDMA/GSM" when I use the Superb to see if that is the issue with my disconnects..