Felicia car 1.9d gearbox same as pickup?

Hi Mike just to help people answer your question.

I believe you are asking is the gearbox in a felicia 1.9 diesel car the same size, fitment, ratios etc as the 1.9d pickup.

Regardless of whether the pickup is Technically a VW or a Skoda .

I have a x car gearbox in my 1.9d Volkswagen pickup which I much prefer to call my Skoda in disguise

Clive

• Like 1

Yes thanks Clive, I did write up a post, but it seems the heading was all that posted! So will a Felicia car gearbox 1.9d suit a 99 Felicia/caddy pickup also 1.9d? Wats the yr of the car pls Clive? in case it makes any difference.

Hi, yes there are 2 completely different series' of gearboxes used, either a 10s or a 14k, physically they have a slightly different appearance but they are fully interchangeable between models, driveshafts linkage speedo drive etc all the same.. generally speaking the 14k type is only used on post 2000 model year cars only but theres no reason why it wont fit the caddy or pickup.

in reference to another question in a similar topic, it is possible to use a petrol model gearbox too, they are basically the same just with a different final drive ratio, you need to swap one of the mounting studs though, remember the 1300 box bolts directly to the block on those engines, the 1600 has a cast iron adaptor plate that bolts onto the block before the flywheel goes on, diesel models the adaptor plate is different and bolts onto the gearbox before the adator plate bokts onto the engine.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

You will run into a similar problem TeflonTom mentioned years ago.

The gearbox on petrol engines are designed to take full advantage of high power at high rpm (6000 rpm). Diesel engines deliver maximum power at much lower rpm (4000 rpm). In other words, while having good torque, you will not get top speeds. On a 1.3 gearbox, top speed will be ~55 mph. Using a 1.6 gearbox will get you a ~70 mph top speed.

5th gear is easy to fix with the gearbox still in the vehicle as you can access it by removing the end cover with the mount. Probably the nuts are loose holding the gears on to the shafts