Octavia Scout 150bhp ordered.

Went to see the car today before it was PDI’d, must say theres not a lot of “cappuccino” in it.

Very silver looking to me.

Will post photos on Tuesday night.

• Like 1

And just some first observations:-

The car drives lovely

Very nice gearchange

Not sure about the lane assist

More legroom in the rear than our Volvo XC70

Seems to be some road noise from the rear on the motorway

Goes well over speed bumps/humps

Thoroughly pleased with it.

Brian.

• Like 1

Looks good Brian. Ordered mine in March with est delivery of 12-14 weeks...seems like a long time! Anyone got any pics of the metallic gun metal grey? That's what I've gone for but haven't seen one yet

Looks good Brian. Ordered mine in March with est delivery of 12-14 weeks...seems like a long time! Anyone got any pics of the metallic gun metal grey? That's what I've gone for but haven't seen one yet

Thanks for that, I'm a bit disappointed with the colour. I thought it would have been a slightly darker biege/brown and they could have fitted Pirelli Scorpion all terrain .tyres as standard instead of Pirelli P7's.

The deal of £1200 deposit and £200 a month was fantastic and I'm sure you'll be made up when yours turns up.

Very nice Brian. Almost certain that's the colour I'll be choosing too :)

It appears to be very similar to Mrs Auskouts VW Eos, VW call that colour Opal Silver but it sure isn't silver.

I too wouldn't mind if it was a bit darker.

Edited by AUSKOUT

Went to see the car today before it was PDI’d, must say theres not a lot of “cappuccino” in it.

Very silver looking to me.

Will post photos on Tuesday night.

Looks like you ordered the decaf version by mistake  :D looks pretty good to me though as it strikes me as the sort of colour that will hide the dirt well... unlike Race Blue.

I've had mine 1,500 miles now and I'm still very impressed with it. Possibly the only thing I would have changed in hindsight would be to go for the Columbus system over the Amundsen - being of an age where I need reading glasses the bigger screen might have been a better bet.

and they could have fitted Pirelli Scorpion all terrain .tyres as standard instead of Pirelli P7's.

Mine came with Michelin Primacy 3's fitted so it's probably a case of they fit whatever they can get hold of that matches the shipping schedule. Still you can always buy some cheapo s/h VW/Audi wheels on eBay and fit them with Winter or all-terrain tyres if necessary.

Looks like you ordered the decaf version by mistake  :D looks pretty good to me though as it strikes me as the sort of colour that will hide the dirt well... unlike Race Blue.

I've had mine 1,500 miles now and I'm still very impressed with it. Possibly the only thing I would have changed in hindsight would be to go for the Columbus system over the Amundsen - being of an age where I need reading glasses the bigger screen might have been a better bet.

When the car is parked away from any greenery such as grass trees etc and the sun is shining, there is definitely green in the paint!

Don’t get me wrong I don’t dislike the colour, but shirley cappuccino should have some brown in it?

As regards the tyres they probably cost £5 each more for scorpions than the P7’s, as this is an “all terrain” car you’d have thought they’d have fitted an All Season tyre.

Another penny pinching sign was the extra wiring for the tow bar was hidden behind the left hand rear side panel, for an extra £1 in wire it could have been extended down to the spare wheel well and would have saved me half an hour trying to get to it.

But I must say it's a lovely drive and anyone with one on order won’t be dissapointed.

Brian,

Is that with or without tow bar preparation?

Thanks

It was £206 with Towbar prep. 

In my view tow bar prep was a total waste of money, you’d be better spending £100 on a spare wheel kit and getting a tow bar fitter to do the wiring through a can bus bypass thingy.

Cost of tow bar so far ;-

Towbar prep £175

Westphalia detachable towbar £175

Westphalia plug in electrics £90

Coding through vcds unknown as of yet.

Edited by br1anuk

I chickened out of ordering my Scout in Cappuccino at the last minute as it looked very Brown in the online specifier. Having seen Brian's photos though I may see if I can change my order. Still 2 months to go anyway.

We also chickened out at the time of the order as it seemed a risky colour. The dealer said it was hit and miss, so we ended up going for moon white...

We are planning on placing an order for a 150 scout in red tomorrow. Spare wheel and five year warranty to supplement it.

Any tips on options or last minute thoughts before we put down the deposit.....?

Cheers

A

We are planning on placing an order for a 150 scout in red tomorrow. Spare wheel and five year warranty to supplement it.

Any tips on options or last minute thoughts before we put down the deposit.....?

Cheers

A

If its on PCH, then I think options are a waste of money because you pay for them in full over the 2 years and the finance company gives you £0.00 back for them at the end of the term.

If I’d have buying it to keep for 5 years I would have chosen the chrome window trim surround for about £170 as its lifts the look of the side of the car, but the spare wheel is definetly a no brainer.

Brian.

• 1 month later...

My 150bhp Scout arrived on Friday - order last few days of March.

2 year. 8k miles, 2 year year lease deal from Lightcliffe Warrington.

I've done only done a 100 miles in but so far I'm very happy with it.

Previous car was a 2005 Audi A3 Sportback (having had a mk1 Octavia before that), the scout feels as well build as the Audi but some of the trim is obviously of a lower quality (as to be expected), notability the upholstery and lower trim. The ride is and quietness is much better though, as well as there being so much space.

I'm not sure why Lane Assist is fitted as standard, there are several other options such as a heated front windscreen which would be much more useful.

19297760801_51a1b99850_h.jpg20150627_130030_HDR by Rob Johnson, on Flickr

19107722379_b39210248c_h.jpg20150627_125942_HDR by Rob Johnson, on Flickr

19107724969_fb1402cc5c_h.jpg20150627_125926_HDR by Rob Johnson, on Flickr

Edited by cheers drive
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting re delivery, we're probably going to sign up tomorrow - they said 8 wks build, couple weeks delivery yesterday.

Be glad if residuals do drop, as it maybe we buy one of the same age (15 plate) after the lease is up if we get on with it - prob going 3 years even though it's £25 more a month it makes sense for us, as I'm not sure we'd get anywhere near the same deal in 2 years time for that car, hence avoid the deposit also for a further year (if we were to release) and the longer we lease the more likely wed pick up a cheaper one at the end of the lease (if we don't look at another lease)

Drivethedeal reckons this car was £23k but a pcp I saw suggested £22.4k, but the lease has to be discounted even more - pcp deal reckons it's worth 11.5k after 3 years / 30k miles - they will 'only' get 1200 plus 35x225 I.e just over £9k from lease payments - so it's worth about £20.5k inc vat to them. Skoda / vw finance must need to make something (say 10%) thus car is probably £2k discount on top minimum, on thud basis car is £18k

We've recently taken delivery of a 150bhp Scout for the wife on a lease and it was £1,500 inital payment, £150 pcm, 8,500 miles per annum, 2 years, and I know the finance company paid £19k for it.  We went for Race Blue with the upgraded alloys (as i didn't fancy cleaning the standard alloys!).

Edited by Guest

Didn't get on with the scout at all. So changed it for this. Yeti 2.0tdi 170bhp L&K. Totally the most perfect and brilliant car you could ever hope for. attachicon.gifimage.jpg

What was it with the Scout you didn't like?

Sent from my Kestrel using Tapatalk

...the Scout is not a fancy car but I think you will like it. I have the 184ps DSG version with approx. 8000km, till now seems to be the perfect car for me ;)

Whats the scout like with the DSG? I have been reading horror stories about hesitations (especially when slowing for a roundabout and then needing some instant power) and of jerkiness when setting off of you apply power too quickly after releasing the brake.

Does the scout have enough 'creep' for hill starts?

S.

Edited by stevesherwood

Whats the scout like with the DSG? I have been reading horror stories about hesitations (especially when slowing for a roundabout and then needing some instant power) and of jerkiness when setting off of you apply power too quickly after releasing the brake.

Does the scout have enough 'creep' for hill starts?

S.

I've done just over 3,000 miles in my DSG Scout and I have no complaints about the car at all. DSG seems to work as advertised with no idiosyncrasies that I have noticed. Even the fuel consumption is improving now the engine has loosened up a bit.