AP Coilovers 2015

I'm looking at getting AP coilovers for my vRS SE.

Scrolling through the forums and posts since 2010 and they seem to be rather hit or miss. People complain of knocking and noise and the lack of a helper spring. Also notice people saying they have a decent ride, some say its bouncy. Have these problems been eradicated since the APs were released for the Fabia in the late noughties or is it much the same?

Or would I be better off just saving for the more upmarket KW, Bilstein etc as they seem to have better opinions.

Cheers.

I have just ordered the H&R Twin-tube ones @ £589 from Damian @ DPM - will review them on here in a few weeks once arrived and i've fitted them - seem excellent value on paper................

• Like 2

They're alright, had mine fitted a couple of weeks ago. There is an annoying rattle coming from the back. The ride is pretty decent, a nice balance between comfort and performance. Would I buy some again? Probably not. Would I buy coilovers again? Probably not. Roads in the UK or certainly up north are no good for them. Either stay standard or go with a shock & springs setup.

• Like 3

cheers for the replies guys. 

They're alright, had mine fitted a couple of weeks ago. There is an annoying rattle coming from the back. The ride is pretty decent, a nice balance between comfort and performance. Would I buy some again? Probably not. Would I buy coilovers again? Probably not. Roads in the UK or certainly up north are no good for them. Either stay standard or go with a shock & springs setup.

I have a rattle from the back of mine too, its only happens over bumpy ground, sounds like there is something made from metal in the boot rattling around :/ im in ireland too, so the roads are worse than the uk lol  :D

I have just ordered the H&R Twin-tube ones @ £589 from Damian @ DPM - will review them on here in a few weeks once arrived and i've fitted them - seem excellent value on paper................

look forward to reading your review mate  :thumbup:

As mentioned the AP kit is a happy medium and very popular on the forum, a lot will be down to your budget as well.

Damian @ DPM Performance

would love the kw v1s but there gonna work out at a €1000, bit steep being honest  :sweat:  whatever i decide, ill be ordering from yourself damian. I know you dont ship to the republic of ireland but i have an address in county antrim up north, you do ship there?

Depends on what you want to lower the car for.

Looks/performance

And also what you'll be using the csr for.

my car is a daily driver, im looking for comfort aswell as stance, but i think i will have to sacrifice comfort if i go for coilovers  :D

I didnt mind the ride quality but i found my rear shocks failed quicker than i thought they would and the fronts made random noises all the time. I dont think i would buy them again. Happier with my vmaxx ones at the moment although they are a bit harder than the ap's. Personal opinion really

• Like 1

Exactly what i did, depends on where you live, if you have some nice roads then go for it but i wouldn't get coilovers again, my back is still recovering from when i had them on my old car

Happy with the AP shocks and springs, lower by 25mm which is enough to get rid of the 4x4 look with the standard suspension and perfect for British roads

• Like 1

• Sponsor

would love the kw v1s but there gonna work out at a €1000, bit steep being honest  :sweat:  whatever i decide, ill be ordering from yourself damian. I know you dont ship to the republic of ireland but i have an address in county antrim up north, you do ship there?

We can ship to either for you :)

Damian @ DPM Performance

• Like 1

I think youve also got to consider that were all fitting these coilovers to 10yr old plus cars. Has any one replaced the other suspension parts at same time as your just putting extra stress on old parts. Ive just replaced top mounts & bearings, track rod ends, bottom ball joints and a polybush kit, the ride is so much better all the weird knocks, creaks and groans have all gone, so its prob worth considering adding these into changes as well!

• Like 2