led indicator bulbs

Wakey

Hi.

Has anyone replaced or can recommend replacement bulbs for the front and rear indicators? They need to be error free types and nice and bright

Thanks 

Wouldnt bother for indicators mate. Must more effort than its worth.

You need a resistor, as itll flash too fast if you just put them in.

Also, visibility might not be that good

Id stick with the normal ones if i was you

You can get silver ones which dont give the egg yoke effect...

• Like 1

Think it's a PY21W bulb, offset pins.

Silver ones off ebay are spot on.

Would not bother with LED as they are a lot of hassle and are not that bright. Iirc the indicator housing is a reflector and the LED bulbs don't reflect to well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

thanks jonro :) 

I had a nosey around the fleebay and they seem to rather expensive in any case, at least the good ones! I will hold my horses for now. 

I was thinking about LED front indicator bulbs since after 55W HID conversion they are not that visible any more...

• Like 1

thanks jonro :)

I had a nosey around the fleebay and they seem to rather expensive in any case, at least the good ones! I will hold my horses for now.

I was thinking about LED front indicator bulbs since after 55W HID conversion they are not that visible any more...

I thought they look a little less visible too. Ok at the back obviously. The silver bulbs are about a fiver, that's what I paid anyway. Not sure the light is any better but cosmetically they are less obvious.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I initially wanted led indicator bulbs but also made a thread about it a while ago and decided to just buy silver/chrome ones as advised. They were around £4.70 for a pair but they're not as bright as the oem ones but heard that Phillips silvervision are a good alternative

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Sorry for the revival but I’ve found that even after the osram diadem there was a reasonable amount of orange showing but if you wrap the bulb connector, which is orange, with some aluminum tape the orange color is almost non existent 

C3D0D3B5-423F-4051-9B06-C60A15E03C0B.jpeg