Staging "needle sweep"

R1chard

I've done mine too,I like it,little pleasures,I see we have the same display,does anyone know if you can change the kph to mph on these displays ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not on the MFD as far as im aware.

You can on maxidot if you set it to Australia mode

Thanks to Wakey & jonro2009 I have made the changes on my Fabia Monte Carlo Tech Black Edition using the Carista App on my iPhone 5C using this dongle: -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111706812531?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It was also pretty painless to!

Thank you both once again :)

• Like 1

Thanks to Wakey & jonro2009 I have made the changes on my Fabia Monte Carlo Tech Black Edition using the Carista App on my iPhone 5C using this dongle: -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111706812531?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Glad you're happy!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I assume the app is free at first but then do you have to pay to upgrade or something before you actually enable the staging? If yes, how much is the upgrade?

It's £15 to change the mods, you can check faults for free and you can see a list of potential mods for free. To clear codes or make changes its £15. I did everything I wanted to do this morning. It only took me 10 minutes, I was gutted, I wanted to have to figure stuff out and work at it but a someone from Arnold Clark could have used the app without problem.

If you are unsure then I can send you an email of all the mods available when I connected up. The app lets you email all you settings, it's pretty good. If you PM me your email address I'll send it to you tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To answer Ang's above question (:

£15.

• Like 1

Thanks :) so it's £15 for the app upgrade and another £10 odd for the dongle thing...not a cheap needlesweep mod by any means lol

Unless you speak to somebody local off here with VCDS, ask them nicely n they might sort it out for a few beer tokens

The one benefit of using the Carista App is that the changeable parameters are in plain English e.g. "Gauge needle sweep at startup" under the heading of "Instruments/Display/Dings" which is a bit easier then searching for it in VCDS as far as I'm aware!

• Like 1

Today my mirrors were fogged up and until then I had forgotten that I enabled the heated mirrors to go on with the rear screen, I had activated this after reading that some of the dials used to turn on the mirrors had snapped. Anyway, it had worked, they came on and went off with the rear screen without having to turn the dial. It's the little things....

• Like 1

Today my mirrors were fogged up and until then I had forgotten that I enabled the heated mirrors to go on with the rear screen, I had activated this after reading that some of the dials used to turn on the mirrors had snapped. Anyway, it had worked, they came on and went off with the rear screen without having to turn the dial. It's the little things....

Enabled that one as well, yet to try it though, maybe Friday morning when I take it for its 1st Service :)

Yeah that was my dial that snapped :D

Replaced under warranty though and its been fine since (:

However it is a good idea to get them to work together imo

I remembered it was you lol, didn't want to name and shame haha.

It should be a standard feature to have both com on and off together

Hahaa. No shame here matey, it just fell off haha (:

It should really yeah.

Im still abit warey of that switch though tbh.