50Cal Cover Up Filler Glaze-Review on Page 2 now added!

Hunty278

Could I use FK1000 over the top of this?

I've used 1000p in the past and find it as solvent heavy as Colli 476s, I would personally get in touch with the guys from 50cal. They should be able to tell you how that combo would get on.

• Like 2

Anyone used the pentawax from 50cal as yet?

i sent an email asking if it plays nice with a glaze or sealant base, and what type of qd topup works well (carnauba or synth) and received the slightly disappointing if predictable reply that It works well with the 50cal glaze and 50cal qd. At £35 less 15% from high def detail it sounds worth a pop, adding in another £20 for the glaze and qd im not so sure.

20150216_133800_zpsw4ufosew.jpg

This turned up for me today with said cool air freshener completely gratis! Looking forward to giving it a go now.

Did you get a reply whoosh?

Good lad ...yeh the air freshener is a cool wee article. 50 cal is situated at the same place the Titanic was built (bit of useless information)  

• Like 2

20150216_133800_zpsw4ufosew.jpg

This turned up for me today with said cool air freshener completely gratis! Looking forward to giving it a go now.

Did you get a reply whoosh?

Hi

Got a reply from them stating that you can use any wax or sealer although it's better to use their wax as they were made to go together .

They also said when asked about longevity .

The Cover-Up is only as good as the LSP you seal it in with. Otherwise it will wash out after around 6 washes.

Pentawax will last around 6 months when you use a neutral maintenance wash such as our Combat or Tracer Shampoo.

I will say that they are very prompt answering questions and after me only buying one item they have been happy answering all my questions

Hope this helps

• Like 3

I know that they sent out quite a few samples over on DW.

A quick google and I found this over on a 350z forum. Next to my favourite wax AW Desireable.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/82410-the-ilogikal1-test-thread/page__st__20

cheers for that Neil. Read that tired last night and couldnt actually figure out whether he came to a conclusion on whether he liked it or not, other than it needing a rub down with qd afterwards to remove the smudges.

• Like 1

http://www.devilledetailing.co.uk/review-50cal-detailing-products.html

I know what you mean. He's put it up against two excellent waxes. From what I've gleaned from the write up, it holds its own against them, but removal isn't as straight forward or more like doesn't suit his particular application method. We can't get on with everything I guess.

Found another review of more of their products yesterday. A pretty good read. Doesn't give a firm recommendation but there you go.

cheers for that Neil. Read that tired last night and couldnt actually figure out whether he came to a conclusion on whether he liked it or not, other than it needing a rub down with qd afterwards to remove the smudges.

• Like 1

Ive no problems working with penta wax find it easy to apply and no probs buffing it to a great shine ....but as always i'll top it of with BSD.

how does it compare with other waxes you have used? would you buy it again?

how does it compare with other waxes you have used? would you buy it again?

Yeh defo buy it again, like supporting a small local company that are trying to make inroads into the car detailing game. Car shows and meets will be starting again soon over here and the 50 cal lads usually have a stand at them and run some good offers.

• Like 3

Will post a review up at some pount today of the Filler Glaze. Just spent a few hours on the focus. Initial reports are it is very oily and a little goes extremely far! More to come in a little while when the photos have uploaded.

• Like 3

I bought some of this as well to use on my Orange Fabia, the only downside is I don't have a DA or Rotary so will apply it by hand and see what is does.

Order placed yesterday so should arrive by Monday latest...I'll defo post a review in my Project Thread on this :)

Matty

• Like 2

I bought some of this as well to use on my Orange Fabia, the only downside is I don't have a DA or Rotary so will apply it by hand and see what is does.

Order placed yesterday so should arrive by Monday latest...I'll defo post a review in my Project Thread on this :)

Matty

Post the link in here once done as I too will be applying by hand :)

• Like 2

Very nice indeed Neil. Thanks for taking the time on the write-up and pics.

The results look very good - and ideal for those considering this type of product  :thumbup:

As for the finished product - the car looks stunning.  :rock:

Be sure and let us know how durability/longevity turns out....

• Like 2

Thanks Gents. You can see in the after shots how it can be a little "smeary" which I think was down to the fact it was cold and damp outside. The last shot I took was after I had given it an extra buff after dampening by breathing on it. No issues with that after applying the wax.

Keep us posted how you get on by hand lads.

Thanks for the feedback and kind comments guys. I'll keep you informed on durability.

• Like 2