Differences between original and facelift Yeti?

clv101

Hmmmm

The difference between the written and the spoken word has been commented on many times on briskoda.net, usually citing the lack of vocal inflection and timing in the latter :nerd: .  I've said elsewhere on the forum that I'd have happily bought an FL Yeti if there hadn't only been a Classic when I was buying) , soooo -

I'll offer you a draw: 

1      I'll accept (even agree with) your 'HO' that the FL looks quite decent

if

2      you'll confirm that it's your 'HO' that 'the original was really ugly'     :happy:

How about I say that my wife also thinks IH(er)HO that they're both ugly - Where does that leave us?

You being eager to accept (and agree with) the FL looking quite decent but me stopping you from doing so because it's now IO(ur)HO? :p

There's one thing I will agree though and that is the arguments discussions in the Yeti forum are at a higher level. ;)

Isn't the later model mostly like the original (classic Yeti) only facelifted?

DAB radio is the main item I would have liked - any comments on DAB reception in their Yeti?

I love my classic Yeti.

The DAB radio reception is no better than FM reception. You just get a little additional channel information displayed. It's nice you have the choice of both FM and DAB as DAB reception / signal quality can be variable on the move.

It's nice you have the choice of both FM and DAB as DAB reception / signal quality can be variable on the move.

In the original time-line for analogue to DAB changeover the analogue signal was to switched off this year.

But I'm sure that as more DAB transmitters and transmissions get on-line reception on DAB will improve considerably.

The DAB radio reception is no better than FM reception. You just get a little additional channel information displayed. It's nice you have the choice of both FM and DAB as DAB reception / signal quality can be variable on the move.

I really do beg to differ. FM is absolute rubbish where I am in Hampshire but DAB is clear as a bell. Not to mention that you also get extra stations - I am a huge fan of Radio 6 Music, which is a DAB only station.

I really do beg to differ. FM is absolute rubbish where I am in Hampshire but DAB is clear as a bell. Not to mention that you also get extra stations - I am a huge fan of Radio 6 Music, which is a DAB only station.

I'm only giving the experience I have of the DAB and FM radio in my Yeti. On the move, the DAB does suffer occasional break up. No doubt this is due to intermittent poor signal quality received rather than the actual unit itself. I've no issue with DAB in the home as we have a DAB Pure radio in the kitchen and that's great, but out on the road my experience has been different - in the areas I drive at least.

If it's just breaking up briefly and then returning it is indeed signal quality.

If it breaks up and you have no DAB at all until you restart the car - it means your unit needs a software upgrade.

How about I say that my wife also thinks IH(er)HO that they're both ugly - Where does that leave us?

You being eager to accept (and agree with) the FL looking quite decent but me stopping you from doing so because it's now IO(ur)HO? :p

There's one thing I will agree though and that is the arguments discussions in the Yeti forum are at a higher level. ;)

:S  Pass. 

Re your last comment, there's been recent discussion about the features of the Yeti that make it so suitable for those of us with more years under our belts.  The 'higher level' you mention is of course one of them :happy:

Where's my coat?

There'll be plenty of posts telling you about the 'minor' things but IMHO the best thing is that the FL actually looks quite decent whereas the original was really ugly. :peek:

It's called "character".

You never complained at Blyton last year...

• Like 3

Am I correct in thinking that in the pre F/L it was possible to store the parcel shelf behind the rear seats?

It is certainly not possible in my 2015 F/L version without sliding the outer seats forward and lifting the centre seat :(

In my 2012 Yeti the parcel shelf easily stores behind the FRONT seats, just slide it there when you unhook it from the side mountings. Can't see how it would store behind the rear seats though?

In my 2012 Yeti the parcel shelf easily stores behind the FRONT seats, just slide it there when you unhook it from the side mountings.

That means you loose the use of the rear seats.

I would have much preferred a retracting cover like on our Fabia Estate for when we have our dog with us.

Edit: From pre F/L Manual

""Removing the luggage compartment cover

– Fold the seat backrests a little forward in order to facilitate the removal of the luggage compartment cover.

– Unhook the support straps on the boot lid Place the cover in the horizontal position.

– Pull the luggage compartment cover out of the holders to the rear or press on the bottom side of the luggage compartment cover in the front area.

– Fold the slackened front part of the luggage compartment cover over the head restraints of the rear seats.

– Slightly tilt the luggage compartment cover and remove it to the rear.

– Install again by pushing the luggage compartment cover forwards into the holder and hanging the support straps on the boot lid.

You can stow the removed luggage compartment cover behind the rear seat backrest.""

Edited by Urrell

That means you loose the use of the rear seats.

I would have much preferred a retracting cover like on our Fabia Estate for when we have our dog with us.

Edit: From pre F/L Manual

""Removing the luggage compartment cover

– Fold the seat backrests a little forward in order to facilitate the removal of the luggage compartment cover.

– Unhook the support straps on the boot lid Place the cover in the horizontal position.

– Pull the luggage compartment cover out of the holders to the rear or press on the bottom side of the luggage compartment cover in the front area.

– Fold the slackened front part of the luggage compartment cover over the head restraints of the rear seats.

– Slightly tilt the luggage compartment cover and remove it to the rear.

– Install again by pushing the luggage compartment cover forwards into the holder and hanging the support straps on the boot lid.

You can stow the removed luggage compartment cover behind the rear seat backrest.""

Mine's in the attic :thumbup:

Am I correct in thinking that in the pre F/L it was possible to store the parcel shelf behind the rear seats?

It is certainly not possible in my 2015 F/L version without sliding the outer seats forward and lifting the centre seat :(

You're not doing it right. Mine stows behind the rear seats in their furthest back position & with the centre one down.

With or without the load net in place.

And mine is a facelift.

Please excuse the mess - muddy dog was in there yesterday:

2v1vzwh.jpg

• Like 1

You're not doing it right. Mine stows behind the rear seats in their furthest back position & with the centre one down.

Ah, Thanks :beer:

I was trying it the other way up. :blush:

Image1_zpsmqykrl2j.jpg

• 3 weeks later...