What jack do you use?

tweenster

Do you use the standard Citigo jack for maintenance tasks on your car? Or do you use something else? If so, what do you use?

The reason I ask is that my trolley jack/hocley puck combo that has served me well for all my other cars recently won't go under the Citigo.

Supplied jack doesn't convince me. It looks like it's made only to change spare wheel. If you proper jack doesn't fit under the Citigo, better try to drive on wooden block first, and then try to fit jack under the car.

• Like 1

It would be good to lift the car from specific point, marked with small arrows. No matter if you use supplied or trolley jack. Could be hard to lift from same point with two jack?

As Emil says drive it up on wooden planks/blocks to get the height. I then use a trolley jack but use a wooden block against the sill jack point and jack head.

SGS engineering low entry jack, although I don't like using a hockey puck as they can slip off causing a lot of damage!

BlueTack it.!

Fred

Supplied jack doesn't convince me. It looks like it's made only to change spare wheel. If you proper jack doesn't fit under the Citigo, better try to drive on wooden block first, and then try to fit jack under the car.

Really don't know why I hadn't thought of that.

can you use a bottle jack on the load points ?

I wouldn't risk it, there is a very small surface area on a bottle jack, the centre of gravity on them also wouldn't fill me with much confidence.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't recommend scissor jack to anyone who needs to lift a car. It's just not trustworthy. Unstable I'd say.

But I bought one to myself, to lift my Vespa:

DSC_0234_zpsgkhmvihl.jpg

;)

Don't fancy carrying a trolley jack in the boot just in case I have a puncture though.   Anyway with a Vespa you just lay it on it's side that is what them big bulbous panels are for. :giggle:

Regards Chris

• Like 1

I have some Fiamma leveling ramps from when I had my VW camper, I use these to drive on to gain some extra jacking clearance.

I also got one of these recently, pretty low clearance.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-ctj1250ab-1-25-tonne-aluminium-racing-j

But do they come in red ? :notme:

• Like 1

I've used both a trolley and the jack they supply. Like on any car the supplied one is for emergency use only.....i.e. flat at the side of the road. Certainly not for doing work underneath a car.

I've a low entry 2ton jack which goes under with no issues on the citigo......though it didn't on the Octavia. I this case I'd jack up with the emergency jack supplied with the car and then use the trolley jack under a suspension point which is able to be jacked from. 

• Like 1