Replacement wiper blades

Anyone got any idea where I could find a decent pair? Quick search here didn't bring up any results as to particular model numbers for wiper blades that fit the Mark 3 Octavia.

Typing my reg number into Halfords website brings up 0 results, rather unhelpfully.

Bosch are typically the best brand, although 'wiperblades. Co. Uk' own brands came a close second in a test carried out by a magazine late last year. They have them (bosch aerotwin) for the O3 (Estate) at about £25 plus delivery.

Edited by Greg R

Did you try cleaning them with alcohol or - extrema ratio - with some sandpaper before throwing them?

I honestly never had to change a wiper blades, it just sufficed to clean them. And I used to travel 300Km/day, five days a week, for several years.

without doubt, bosch aerotwin wipers.

wiperblades .com

Bosch are typically the best brand, although 'wiperblades. Co. Uk' own brands came a close second in a test carried out by a magazine late last year. They have them (bosch aerotwin) for the O3 (Estate) at about £25 plus delivery.

Really? I tried them on our Volvo a few years ago and found them to be lousy compared to the original blades.

Surprisingly the best blades I've come across have been Biltema Ultrablades. (Biltema is often considered a cheap store brand, but some of their products are surprisingly good value for money.)

having  had 2 brand new cars with noisy wiper blades, I replaced straight away with bosch  aerotwin, and no noise  problem after that.

it appears the factory fitted blades are not of the best quality.

I've found the factory fit blades on my vrs and Passat before to last longer and be more effective than the aerotwins on my wife's mx5 which last about 6-8 months vs the factory fit ones nearly two years.

Cheers all, might try Genoa's advice of giving them a rub with some alcohol or sandpaper first. Only 6 months in and the wipe has become a bit streaky so not too impressed with the OEM parts, which also seem more expensive than the Bosch ones!

Cheers all, might try Genoa's advice of giving them a rub with some alcohol or sandpaper first. Only 6 months in and the wipe has become a bit streaky so not too impressed with the OEM parts, which also seem more expensive than the Bosch ones!

6 months are nothing. Give it a try, first with alcohol or kerosene, in the worst case you'll end up replacing them :)