Richard's Fabia Monte Carlo Tdi+ ( Updated 17/06/2018 )

Richard92

Fitted the powerflex rear engine mount sorry no pictures, small bit of vibration but even on the drive home much better, on and off power car feels brilliant and gear changes are a lot sharper. Now a nice little car to drive very happy with it.

Also this was on Amazon today and couldn't resist I have car seats ready but this is for when she turns 3 :)

95589D83-7154-409C-89B6-4C11DEEB03AA.png

• Like 2

Thank you.

Clearance is fine only hit one speed bump by my girlfriends house but that's if you go onto it normally, just go to the side it's better. The Rear anti roll bar looks a lot lower than it is picture makes it look low. It hasn't touched a thing, il try get a picture when I wash it tomorrow.

I think the ride height looks just right with the h&r springs. With the pictures I've seen of cars fitted with eibach the rear doesn't look as good imo. I'm still undecided whether to lower my estate, but I'd like to do it in one go with bilstein shocks.

• Like 2

Small update, finally got around to changing this. Ordered it through work from TPS £13.05. Now have somewhere for my glasses.

C3650EC5-1320-4B30-8D58-A66844E4D4E0.jpg

8BF35A8F-1152-428F-9B9C-FB81CB03DD10.jpg

45329C98-09CA-4A4C-BAE2-2816339C4BC0.jpg

47845C0C-195A-4A9D-92EC-7F80282BD68C.jpg

Really easy to fit only needed a plastic wedge and a small screwdriver to swap the control unit over.

Nice car mate, looks good. I always wondered what that thing was in my car! :L

I've got a vRS but never known what that was lol!

Not a detailer by a long stretch but do like to keep my car as clean as possible even though it's a daily run around. Bought some bilt hamber double speed wax and thought I'd try it. Polished with auto glum super resin first then waxed. Best wax I've used by far.

0BCBA4CA-54B4-4BB1-BAA9-7F198CAFA30E.jpg

34B2D785-2FBB-4FA8-A215-86F843661A43.jpg

D38EA811-60ED-4ACE-89F2-219A09386259.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fitted the CG locks today. What a awesome piece of kit, well worth the money holds you in place and let's you actually get on with driving.

Car is now in Skoda and having its second service tomorrow along with a new handbrake cover and gear knob due to wear and damage.

Cars looking really nice mate.

I'm swansea way myself.

Are the springs 40 mm all round?

I prefer the new skoda badges on yours compared to the other type.

Any chance you could get the part number for the front and rear for me?

Edited by bignorm

Cars looking really nice mate.

I'm swansea way myself.

Are the springs 40 mm all round?

I prefer the new skoda badges on yours compared to the other type.

Any chance you could get the part number for the front and rear for me?

Thank you :)

Where in Swansea are you ?

40mm all round on H&R springs sits nice and ride is ok too.

Got these off the forum I don't know the part numbers as they came on my car like this, hope these work.

1ST 853 601A AUL - Front (CitiGo Front)

5J0 853 621 A AUL - Rear (New Fabia Rear)

5JA 601 151 FOD - Wheels (Mk3 Octavia centre caps)

Cheers for that.

I'll price them up one day next week.

I'm from down near Ystradgynlais.

Only seen 1 other white monty since I bought mine

I did see a lot at one point in time but now don't see too many of them. Do you have a Tdi or Tsi ?

Not too far away I'm from Morriston

Mine is a TDI.

Cracking little car, always been into my VWs but found the monty a better car for the money.

Hopefully buy some springs in a few weeks.

You got any other plans for yours?

Recently bought some 312mm calipers and carriers so just need discs and then fit them :) other than that no more plans I'm happy the way it is now.

I recommend a remap. I've liked vw's for years too father used to be a manager in Vw but they were expensive compared to the Fabia.

After reading JimboVRS's build I've downloaded a android app called carista and I've adjusted a few things great app and only £15. Done what I wanted to do without having to get VCDS.

List on the first page of what I've done. Il try get some pictures of the display.

• Like 1