£9995 offer for a Roomster SE TSI 86PS 5G Man 1197

We placed an order on this offer on 19/2/15 and were led to believe it covered cars already in stock so would get quick delivery. Now experiencing problems getting any delivery date at all from the dealer. Anyone else having problems?

I assume you are referring to this offer.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/finance/finance-offers/roomster-9995/default

it makes no mention of applying to stock vehicles, so will also include cars that are in transit. Since this is a limited edition model, the cars will be ordered from a central pool and distributed to dealers throughout the UK.

Whilst the offer doesn't mention applying to stock vehicles, I suspect that the OP was "led" to believe this by the dealer in order for said dealer to secure the sale. Dealer can then sit back and palm the OP off with excuses as to why their "stock" vehicle is not with them.

Just my take on it.

I was told last week potentially the car is in Grimsby but since further requests for a possible eta have been ignored

I'll leave it a few more days then have a drive over to see the dealer in question

Dont do this to me. Yes I too was told the same from a chain of dealers in my area. Dropped them an email this morning but not had a reply yet. Im sure itll turn up before too long.

Have now obtained the SLI number from the dealer which allows me to use the 'Track my Skoda' site for myself.  Not sure how up to date the 'live' information really is, but according to information given, our Roomster is till sitting dockside in Germany ready for shipping. Fingers crossed it may be on two of the huge ships that left Emden yesterday.

Have now obtained the SLI number from the dealer which allows me to use the 'Track my Skoda' site for myself.  Not sure how up to date the 'live' information really is, but according to information given, our Roomster is till sitting dockside in Germany ready for shipping. Fingers crossed it may be on two of the huge ships that left Emden yesterday.

how long has your order been in for 

tbh im getting pretty fed up with rainworth skoda

ive emailed him a few times asking different questions and had no response 

Malcster

I dont believe in E Mail at all for things like this...far too easy to ignore..Ring up and speak to the salesman you bought it off, or failing that the sales manager..If you do this on a regular basis, they will want you off their back, so digit usually gets extracted pdq...Keep at them, but leave the hi tec stuff alone in this case  :D

Malcster

I dont believe in E Mail at all for things like this...far too easy to ignore..Ring up and speak to the salesman you bought it off, or failing that the sales manager..If you do this on a regular basis, they will want you off their back, so digit usually gets extracted pdq...Keep at them, but leave the hi tec stuff alone in this case  :D

i'll give him another day or do incase hes off work then give him bell 

Forgot to say, dont bother with Skoda UK customer services..I tried them when I was waiting for mine,,spoke to a charming poppet who told me that my car had been on the ship for 10 days and would be arriving soon in the UK..true..I did then throw her completely by telling her that the slowest steaming time from Emden would be 36 hours...geography sadly wasnt her strong point..She didnt know where the car was being shipped from.. :sweat: bless....SUK did have the good grace to admit they needed to invest in a little more staff training and sent me a voucher for £50  :clap:

So the question for me to answer myself is do I prefer pearlecent black and have the car early next week or wait for the silver and wait however long it takes?

Does the black really show all the muck and marks or is it an old wives tale?

So the question for me to answer myself is do I prefer pearlecent black and have the car early next week or wait for the silver and wait however long it takes?

The black does look stunning from the front and rear...but the old comments come back to haunt it when you view it from the side...in black it will forever look like a coroners wagon or an MPV shorty hearse. :(

Arghhhh got to admit I did think hurse when I first saw them in black, but they are smart.

Waiting for salesman to phone me back, want an eta on the silver one. Im wondering if by thinking about the black Im just getting it because its there. Surely it cant be too long now before my silver one comes into stock.

Arghhhh got to admit I did think hurse when I first saw them in black, but they are smart.

Waiting for salesman to phone me back, want an eta on the silver one. Im wondering if by thinking about the black Im just getting it because its there. Surely it cant be too long now before my silver one comes into stock.

Joking aside,if they've got the sunset glass and a good polish on the wheels and chrome [ish] blingy bits then they do look pretty damn impressive.If you do go for the black though,update those headlight bulbs otherwise you will be all but invisible come night time..lol

Edited by faradaycage

Many years ago I had a Honda in black..Although I had a choice of colours, black looked wonderful on the display..Marvelode until it went through its first puddle :rain:  and the next and so on...Unless you like washing cars  :devil:  :swear: I really would wait for the silver..Thats what mine is, doesnt show the dirt as much and looks lovely when it does get cleaned  :sun:

Edited by paully
  • Like 1

ordered last week 

model: Roomster 2015 Special Edition 1.2 TSI 86 PS 5G Man

(Please note that vehicle options are not shown)

Exterior Colour: Brilliant Silver Metallic

Edited by malcster

How long is a reasonable length of time before you start asking questions about delivery?

Two weeks seems a bit excesive really to not know anything at all?

If it's in "stock" it was probably built and sitting at the port.

Cars usually take around two or three weeks to arrive from there, then a few days to prep.

If you ask the dealer they should be able to check and at any time let you know a rough time of arrival at the dealership.

If they care.

Despite phoning and leaving messages the big dealer in the Yorkshire area still hasnt returned my calls. Looks like Ill have to go in to see them tomorrow and see if theyll give some kind of eta. I just simply cannot beleive that they cant track my order.

Made another call to the dealer and finally got an answer. Its on a ship coming across the north sea. Once it lands in the uk it then has to have a transport order put on it. After that the transport company have 14 days to deliver to the dealer. Obviously once at the dealer then it will need pdi and roof bars and stuff fitting assuming those parts are in stock and not need ordering. So Im guessing that itll be another 3 weeks. A real shame that because my present car will need insurance renewing if not another months road tax if my guestimate is too short.

I used to work in another manufacturers dealerships and never know cars to take so long. This has been an eye opener to say the least.

well the weser highway has just left emden heading for grimsby 

ETA 08-03-2015 5:30 am UTC 

african highway has just docked in emden 

Neckat Highway is currently in grimsby 

so fingers crossed its either 

here 

on its way 

or due to be loaded and enroute 

Edited by malcster