Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

As the wife is away to work with the Fabia and I'm bored and on the night shift I decided to experiment on the 500 with a few "Chemical Guys" products I've recently purchased and haven't had the chance to try.

Really impressed with the "Blacklight"

9b594232-a72d-4b3b-bf24-2f69ccef6749_zps

f97f19cc-a852-4dca-be4a-2a7bce100b02_zps

2ee39532-0938-43c2-bd27-570d70289359_zps

0d4a9fb9-729d-429a-a281-2d3b2880d94d_zps

addd55f6-9943-4a65-be1a-f1e804ec0ec4_zps

Great job mate. I've got a real soft spot for these! Fab colour too, totally different!

CG make great products that are super easy to use and give amazing results. Blacklight is on the list of those I need to use!!

• Like 2

Ooo, viewing on the smart phone I just found a feature I didn't know about and somehow got up a list of contributors to this thread ordered by number of posts.   It made me smile as we can clearly see who keeps their cars cleanest.   Congratulations Samuir, streaking ahead of Chris (not seen him here for a while, shame).  Hunty in 3rd but closing fast on  Chris.   Me?   Well this post gets me up to =10th spot... Hmmm.... Not the cleanest car then!   Oops.   Well done everybody.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to clean the fabia as i have a few days holiday, and the clean was well overdue, anyways started off using fireball snowfoam, 2bm with britemax Cleanmax Shampoo and dried using fireball drying towel which is amazing.

I then gave the car a quick pre wax cleanse using autofinesse rejuvenate which I haven't used in a while and still impresses me, real good product. I then waxed with obsession wax phantom which again I really not sure if this wax, don't get me wrong when buffed off looks amazing and very glossy but I don't like the way it applies and the work needed to buff off, maybe it's me but other waxes I use are fine, so I am considering selling the wax. I then gave it a coat of datwax on top which I really like used couple panels a time spread lovely and buffed away easy enough too. And finally a final wipe down using madcow ultra violet, defo one of my favourite products really is. Sorry to rattle on here the pics.

DSC_1141_zpsd2jjdzlx.jpg

DSC_1142_zpse9ytavnd.jpg

DSC_1143_zpsldr21aaa.jpg

DSC_1144_zpsnu4p11vq.jpg

DSC_1145_zpsmpw7pik3.jpg

DSC_1146_zpskpybchku.jpg

DSC_1147_zpsa4rvfphx.jpg

• Like 2

Looking great Sean - top job. :rock:

Shame about the wax; nothing worse when it just seems like "too much hard work".

I must admit that over the course of 2015 i found a few really easy waxes and it makes detailing a real joy! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Looking great Sean - top job. :rock:

Shame about the wax; nothing worse when it just seems like "too much hard work".

I must admit that over the course of 2015 i found a few really easy waxes and it makes detailing a real joy! :thumbup:

Cheers ste as i said obsession wax leaves a lovely sharp glossy finish but I find its just to much agro to use, which is why I may sell it and get another wax maybe two, the britemax vantage being one of them, used that the other day on a friends car absolute dream to use with excellent results, and maybe another autofinesse wax like spirit is desire to go with the essence I have already. Shame though as the results are very good.

• Like 1

Cheers ste as i said obsession wax leaves a lovely sharp glossy finish but I find its just to much agro to use, which is why I may sell it and get another wax maybe two, the britemax vantage being one of them, used that the other day on a friends car absolute dream to use with excellent results, and maybe another autofinesse wax like spirit is desire to go with the essence I have already. Shame though as the results are very good.

I get it Sean - Britemax Vantage is superb as you state. :thumbup:

Not the most durable - but an absolute breeze to use and with great results.... there is a thread on here somewhere when i first used it!

In fact its so easy to use - you can wax and buff a car twice over in the time you probably took with Obsession. :giggle:

• Like 1

I get it Sean - Britemax Vantage is superb as you state. :thumbup:

Not the most durable - but an absolute breeze to use and with great results.... there is a thread on here somewhere when i first used it!

In fact its so easy to use - you can wax and buff a car twice over in the time you probably took with Obsession. :giggle:

Exactly mate so that's what I intend to do. Yes I read your review on here your right about not the most durable but that don't usually bother me as wax regularly.
  • Like 1

Both vRS' cleaned & waxed. Defintive Wax 0102 providing the gloss! 4adc7e42995f71bea4b4f1ffdb149f1a.jpgb410319561040fd338e1f9ec51ff3a3b.jpgf4b43db9c7a177553aed0718cfcb45c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I really need to do mine this weekend it's not been washed for almost 3weeks and its filthy with all these trips to Leeds and back that I've been doing recently

• Like 1

What's obsession wax you got? Could be interested if you sell

• Like 2

I really need to do mine this weekend it's not been washed for almost 3weeks and its filthy with all these trips to Leeds and back that I've been doing recently

Both were looking really shabby due to recent weather etc. Hate winter lol

• Like 1

Both were looking really shabby due to recent weather etc. Hate winter lol

Yeah I'm fed up of all this rain now, bring on the summer and the evening car washing sessions after work :-)

• Like 1

Yeah I'm fed up of all this rain now, bring on the summer and the evening car washing sessions after work :-)

That's one thing I do miss! Evening car cleaning with a beer & been able to spend all weekend detailing rather than a few hours before the weather goes t*ts up lol!

• Like 3

That's one thing I do miss! Evening car cleaning with a beer & been able to spend all weekend detailing rather than a few hours before the weather goes t*ts up lol!

Totally agree. Doesnt look like i'll have the .:R36 much this weekend either....

So i need to fit in a quick wash after work by the looks of it. :S

• Like 1

Cheers buddy!

You all looked very cold in the R36 this morning!!

Yep .... -2degC when i got in the car; not much ice though thankfully.

The kids wrapped up well for school too :thumbup:

• Like 1