Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

A change is as good as a rest so decided to go for a wee freshen up and take the side decals off the little 500, halfway through I was regretting it but got there in the end.

Today I decided to try the "chemical guys butter wax" applied wet as I've never done it before, happy enough with the results but won't be bothering to do it wet again, too much like hard work.  :thumbup:  

3afb7f4b-5e77-4fcc-b7b6-2413a43ef4e6_zps

41121bd3-a9f3-4092-abf6-9448d63fa79e_zps

• Like 3

If I'm completely honest, it isn't the easiest to spread around. And removal is a tad grabby. I'm guessing it's because of the high carnauba content. But the looks are great!!

• Like 1

Thanks bud. The interior was horrendous.

IMG_20160325_133947_zpscodvk263.jpg

A very quick vacuum and wipe down and in went the kids seats. My daughter had trodden a chip into the mat though. It can wait!

IMG_20160325_143505_zps67gtcdos.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks bud. The interior was horrendous.

IMG_20160325_133947_zpscodvk263.jpg

A very quick vacuum and wipe down and in went the kids seats. My daughter had trodden a chip into the mat though. It can wait!

IMG_20160325_143505_zps67gtcdos.jpg

Nice work mate - reminds me of the state the Exeo used to get into....  :peek:  :x  :dull:

• Like 1

Been promising my Mother that I'd give her car a bit love and attention so yesterday I took advantage of the beautiful weather, I even got a little bit of a sun tan in the process. Win,win.

Nothing special to be fair the paintwork is in pretty good condition although it does have some swirl marks but I didn't have my D/A to hand so it got a nice scrub down with some Eazy Care Supercharged Shampoo, then over to my tried and tested combo of Carlack 68 and Collinite 476s.

To be fair it came up a treat and my mum will be over the moon it's such a lovely color. I'll the pics do the talking.

WP_20160325_13_25_31_Pro1_zpsfw9mp08z.jp

WP_20160325_13_26_01_Pro1_zps8e5heika.jp

WP_20160325_13_26_16_Pro1_zpszfubxhio.jp

WP_20160325_13_26_33_Pro1_zps3rv1agzc.jp

WP_20160325_13_26_46_Pro1_zpslysa4v24.jp

Very nice mate - top job!  :thumbup:

I see you have the EZ shampoo - Are you using many of the EZ products?

Interested on your thoughts.... i hope to get chance to use them soon.

• Like 2

Very nice mate - top job!  :thumbup:

I see you have the EZ shampoo - Are you using many of the EZ products?

Interested on your thoughts.... i hope to get chance to use them soon.

Thanks Steve I only really wanted to lay some protection down on the paint so I didn't go over the top. My Mum doesn't quite get the whole detailing thing as you'd expect lol.

Yes I took advantage of the sale and brought the bundle with the shampoo, snow foam, sealant, wheel cleaner, wheel sealant ect, there was 8 bottles in total.

Not got around to using most but I have used the shampoo a few times and I really like it, it smells so good too, and a couple of others but to be honest i've not had a lot of time to get to know them enough to comment. I'll get around to it one day and i'll share my thoughts.            

Matt

• Like 1

Been promising my Mother that I'd give her car a bit love and attention so yesterday I took advantage of the beautiful weather, I even got a little bit of a sun tan in the process. Win,win.

Nothing special to be fair the paintwork is in pretty good condition although it does have some swirl marks but I didn't have my D/A to hand so it got a nice scrub down with some Eazy Care Supercharged Shampoo, then over to my tried and tested combo of Carlack 68 and Collinite 476s.

To be fair it came up a treat and my mum will be over the moon it's such a lovely color. I'll the pics do the talking.

WP_20160325_13_25_31_Pro1_zpsfw9mp08z.jp

WP_20160325_13_26_01_Pro1_zps8e5heika.jp

WP_20160325_13_26_16_Pro1_zpszfubxhio.jp

WP_20160325_13_26_33_Pro1_zps3rv1agzc.jp

WP_20160325_13_26_46_Pro1_zpslysa4v24.jp

Looks nice now, but I'm more interested in the pulsar hiding in the background :-)

• Like 2

Looks nice now, but I'm more interested in the pulsar hiding in the background :-)

Yes she not bad I have a build thread on here somewhere. http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/352848-pulsar-gti-r/

I did give her a quick wash last night I should have taken some pics as she hasn't been washed in nearly 6 months and I was so surprised how well she came up with just a quick shampoo. I absolutely swear by this Carlack and Collinite combo.

Edited by theezenutz
  • Like 2

Did a mini detail on my Fabia Monte Carlo estate over the weekend before the Yorkshire Big Breakfast meet. Bilt Hamber Autofoam, 2BM with Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo, then a quick going over with the G3 Clay Mitt, then BMD Adonis Pre-Wax Cleanser before a coat of BMD Sirius Dark. Paintwork needs correcting but still looks great I think! Wheels, arches and tyres cleaned with Meguiar's APC. Wheels got a coat of Autobrite Cherry Glaze with Collinite 845 on top. Tyres coated with one coat of GTechniq T1 (in hindsight should've used 2 coats as I'd prefer them a bit more glossy).

20160327_071324_zpsjlhasm4s.jpg

20160327_071346_zpsrtnfmqlx.jpg

20160327_071359_zps4ia7k0at.jpg

• Like 4

Did a mini detail on my Fabia Monte Carlo estate over the weekend before the Yorkshire Big Breakfast meet. Bilt Hamber Autofoam, 2BM with Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo, then a quick going over with the G3 Clay Mitt, then BMD Adonis Pre-Wax Cleanser before a coat of BMD Sirius Dark. Paintwork needs correcting but still looks great I think! Wheels, arches and tyres cleaned with Meguiar's APC. Wheels got a coat of Autobrite Cherry Glaze with Collinite 845 on top. Tyres coated with one coat of GTechniq T1 (in hindsight should've used 2 coats as I'd prefer them a bit more glossy).

Awesome job Dan - some great products used too.

Your car is looking fab :)

• Like 1

Great job!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Looks really nice Dan. You can't beat well looked after red paint. And Sirius sets it off a treat!

• Like 1

Nice work mate - reminds me of the state the Exeo used to get into....  :peek:  :x  :dull:

Gregg's Sausage Rolls + Kids + Car = Disaster

They are horrendous and go everywhere.

• Like 2

Looks really nice Dan. You can't beat well looked after red paint. And Sirius sets it off a treat!

Thanks Hunty. The paintwork needs correction as there's a fair few swirls, stonechips and other marks on the paint from various things (minor scratches on the bumper from loading the boot and some Chemical Guys XXX Hardcore wax from ages ago that dried before the 20 minutes that they said to wait, not using that again!) so it's definitely not perfect, but it does scrub up really well. Really impressed with the BMD Sirius Dark Edition wax though, will definitely be using that a lot during the summer!

• Like 2

Thanks Hunty. The paintwork needs correction as there's a fair few swirls, stonechips and other marks on the paint from various things (minor scratches on the bumper from loading the boot and some Chemical Guys XXX Hardcore wax from ages ago that dried before the 20 minutes that they said to wait, not using that again!) so it's definitely not perfect, but it does scrub up really well. Really impressed with the BMD Sirius Dark Edition wax though, will definitely be using that a lot during the summer!

Great to have another BMD fan on the forum.... i really do love the waxes from Stevie Black.  :rock:

Saving the pennies to try the new release COSMOS; but if you get chance to purchase Nemesis Dan.... this is a beauty as well  :thumbup:

Now that the VXR has gone I'm back in the Skoda fold.  It's nice to be back and to have a new project.  Even though I bought the car on Saturday, today is the first opportunity I've had to clean it.

There are a few marks here & there but overall it's come up pretty good.  I reckon it'll need a good detailing session at some point but considering it's the family barge and daily driver I won't get too obsessed. 

P1000212_zpstaufkr6y.jpg

P1000222_zpsivqfiup4.jpg

P1000216_zpsyi5ncgqp.jpg

Now I know some of you are quite sensitive about engine bays so if you fall into this category, look away now!

P1000210_zpsodxfnnni.jpg

It ain't pretty but I like a challenge.  What do you reckon will help me get this looking nice & shiny?

• Like 2

Now that the VXR has gone I'm back in the Skoda fold. It's nice to be back and to have a new project. Even though I bought the car on Saturday, today is the first opportunity I've had to clean it.

There are a few marks here & there but overall it's come up pretty good. I reckon it'll need a good detailing session at some point but considering it's the family barge and daily driver I won't get too obsessed.

P1000212_zpstaufkr6y.jpg

P1000222_zpsivqfiup4.jpg

P1000216_zpsyi5ncgqp.jpg

Now I know some of you are quite sensitive about engine bays so if you fall into this category, look away now!

P1000210_zpsodxfnnni.jpg

It ain't pretty but I like a challenge. What do you reckon will help me get this looking nice & shiny?

Nice! Love the colour!

As for the engine bay, some diluted APC, various detailing brushes & plenty of MF cloths & then protect with a trim dressing of your choice will have that looking spot on!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 3