What is everybodys weekly washing routine/products?

Im not talking about special once a year washes with machine polishes etc but week by week. Ill start interested in brands etc

I start by spraying the bodywork with valet pro citrus prewash and jet washing it off

Then use valet pro bilberry wash on the wheels and jet wash it off

Then i make up my bucket of shampoo with posideon carnuba wash. Apply obviously useing a mitt.

I then transfer this to a different bucket and get my other mitt and wash my wheels and sidewalls with it

I then dry it off with my wooly mammoth drying towel

And quick detail it with autoglym quickdetailer to keep my wax topped up

Then i clean the windows with mr muscle window cleaner.

After this i put tyre shine on (turtle wax)

Im not talking about special once a year washes with machine polishes etc but week by week. Ill start interested in brands etc

I start by spraying the bodywork with valet pro citrus prewash and jet washing it off

Then use valet pro bilberry wash on the wheels and jet wash it off

Then i make up my bucket of shampoo with posideon carnuba wash. Apply obviously useing a mitt.

I then transfer this to a different bucket and get my other mitt and wash my wheels and sidewalls with it

I then dry it off with my wooly mammoth drying towel

And quick detail it with autoglym quickdetailer to keep my wax topped up

Then i clean the windows with mr muscle window cleaner.

After this i put tyre shine on (turtle wax)

You've got far too much time on your hands if you do this weekly, mine never gets that treatment, mine's lucky if it gets washed once a month. I do use Autoglym shampoo though and Autoglym Super Resin polish about twice a year but no other products other than tyre shine if it hasn't run out.

I drive upto the steam cleaner at work and turn it on with soap, spray the piece of sh!te with it, then turn the soap off and blast it off. Then let it drip dry. Loads of smears hahaha

Loving your build thread mate looks awesome. You fancy getting on the stand im sorting for fitted uk?

More fortnightly than weekly really, I've got a bit on my hands at the minute. But anyway, grab power washer out of garage and run cable and hose don, get Demon snow foam, cover car with foam and go inside, now get big bucket full of suds (AG shampoo or Megs gold) and by the time this is full take it outside along with lamskin mitt and MF mitt, power wash car off to get rid of crap and suds and do wheel arches and poke through holes in wheels to get as much break dust off as possible, then ditch the power washer and grab the bucket and wash body with lamskin mitt, then remove wheel covers and wash with MF mitt with remaining water. then rinse off with hose.

Heven't been bothering with drying at the minute because it's winter and the roads are crap and it gets muddy in a day or 2 so you know... But today it has been done well.

mine is normally every 2-3 months a good wash and polish depending on weather

if required a quick jetwash at garage as a quick rinse / get worst of crud off

weekly !!!!!!

way to much time on your hands, and by the time you come to trade it in you will have worn all the paint off the body :) :) :)

• Like 1

Mine generally gets washed when it's filthy!

As much as I'd love to wash it all the time and it to be gleaming sadly I live way out in the sticks and farmers love to make the roads more muddy that the fields so it's just not worth it ;(

I will answer in more detail later, but I trust everyone is using the two bucket method? Even what seems to be a relatively clean car has my rinsing bucket water looking grey by the end of a cleaning "session".

Edited by OzFabia

Snow foam then rinse

2bucket wash with car pro mitt

Dry car using chemical guys drying towel

Whizz round car with sonax bsd

Windows cleaned using sonax glass cleaner

Total time taken 1hour :-)

Power Maxed TFR diluted 10:1 and applied with a hand pressure sprayer..left to dwell

Wheels lightly sprayed with Power Maxed frequent use non acidic wheel cleaner

Car and wheels Powerwashed off

Snow Foamed with CarChem Snow Foam

Rinsed off

Snow foamed again...not rinsed off

Car washed with TBM with Dooka Wash pad and Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo

Rinsed off

Dried with Chem Guys Wooly Mammoth

Applied with Power Maxed QD

Washing up liquid, water, bucket, sponge.

I know it's time for a wash when the plates are getting grubby - I do lots of motorway miles and it looks shocking after a couple of days at the moment.

way to much time on your hands, and by the time you come to trade it in you will have worn all the paint off the body :) :) :)

Not if you wax it, then all you wear away is the wax.

Mine generally gets washed when it's filthy!

As much as I'd love to wash it all the time and it to be gleaming sadly I live way out in the sticks and farmers love to make the roads more muddy that the fields so it's just not worth it ;(

I work on a farm, that's no excuse!

• Like 1

Take it to the hand car wash and get them to wash it in and out for £10 saves me time and having to buy products and the one in Lewes road,brighton do an excellent job.(once a month)then I wax when home.

Take it to the hand car wash and get them to wash it in and out for £10 saves me time and having to buy products and the one in Lewes road,brighton do an excellent job.(once a month)then I wax when home.

Like this?
  • Like 2

After you have got home, do you spray and wipe down prior to waxing to remove road dust from the journey from the 'Gritty Sponge Car Wash'?

Get a bright light and look at the scratches inflicted by the Car Washers too

• Like 3