kw coils quick advice

You might bottom out the damper as the KW's will be shorter to accomodate the lowering,

Takes less than 10 mins to simply swap the springs over. Try it out.

• Like 1

Coming to me on Saturday, going to swap my standards for the kws left on his and £200 for the coilovers..

Any idea what drop links ill need? I know it's mondeo ones but has anyone got a part number as my local parts place is a fussy bugger

Coming to me on Saturday, going to swap my standards for the kws left on his and £200 for the coilovers..

Any idea what drop links ill need? I know it's mondeo ones but has anyone got a part number as my local parts place is a fussy bugger

Standard drop links fit fine mate, it's only the cheap coilovers that need different ones so I gather. but while your suspension is apart it's worth changing the top mounts and drop links anyway

Standard drop links fit fine mate, it's only the cheap coilovers that need different ones so I gather. but while your suspension is apart it's worth changing the top mounts and drop links anyway

Cheers pal, already got new top mounts to go on... The top mounts is the only reason I'm going for coilovers, thought I might as well while they're off haha

Drop links I might get away with not putting new on? They where new on in November.

Dont forget the bearings.

Youll destroy the old ones if you try remove from old tops.

DL can wait. They are a 5 min job to sap and dont mess the alignment so can be changed at any point when they stard knocking.

• Like 1

Dont forget the bearings.

Youll destroy the old ones if you try remove from old tops.

DL can wait. They are a 5 min job to sap and dont mess the alignment so can be changed at any point when they stard knocking.

I ordered bearings too... well at least he said the bearings come with the top mounts... If they don't I want my £39 back and ill be shoving them firmly up his backside

It does if your asking 'what does an old rusty Weitec coilover look like?' ! On a serious note, wire brush the threads carefully and grease them up, otherwise you will really struggle adjusting them if you need/want to. 

It does if your asking 'what does an old rusty Weitec coilover look like?' ! On a serious note, wire brush the threads carefully and grease them up, otherwise you will really struggle adjusting them if you need/want to. 

Please dont grease them or the road crap will stick on the grease and make it difficult to move the perches,trust me ive been there...

wd40 and a wire brush will clean up the threads nicely,then give the threads a quick blast with wd when you want to move the perches

Good point, but does depend on what grease you use i suppose. Ive always done it and has saved me lots of hassle that others have had trying to adjust them. 

• Like 1