New Polo GTI 1.8TSI- Anyone taken delivery yet?

vrskeith

Partners car planned for build week commencing 8/2/16 that is all that shows on tracker. Not yet at finish build. Hopefully will show tomorrow at the end of the production week .

Ordered 24/12/15.

Edited by vrskeith

No in that it doesn't get built for another 2 weeks so end March early April delivery!

What sort of deal did you get if you don't mind me asking?

Partners car planned for build week commencing 8/2/16 that is all that shows on tracker. Not yet at finish build. Hopefully will show tomorrow at the end of the production week .

Ordered 24/12/15.

Same again, what sort of deal??

Thought I'd bump this thread up again. Been a few months, I know its a Skoda forum.... but anymore owners around?

I've only just found this thread. I ordered a Polo GTI back in October with a request for a March 1st delivery date. So now getting proper excited as the date is fast approaching.

3 door, base white

Manual

Park and cruise pack

Sport performance pack

Pretty much it.

The only option I really mulled over other than that was the climate control. It does make the cabin look "better", but I like being able to change the temp instantly without looking by just turning those chunky dials to a known position, rather than tapping buttons and looking down at a display. I had climatronic in my Fabia and I found it didn't regulate the temp as much as you might think.

I was originally looking at the BlueGT but I actually got the GTI cheaper in the end, especially after adding the options on the GTI that are missing on the BlueGT (I mean no chrome exhaust tips on the Blue GT how bean-counting is that???). Also UK spec cars lose the front fogs if you spec Xenons - happens in no other territory so what's that all about???

Edited by Didescharlie

Nice choice I do like the gti

The blue gt no longer looses the fogs with xenons

I'd rather it had been given the leds like the rest of the range it seems a bit of the odd one out in the range now

Edited by daydotz

Nice choice I do like the gti

The blue gt no longer looses the fogs with xenons

I'd rather it had been given the leds like the rest of the range it seems a bit of the odd one out in the range now

Hmm, didn't know VW had made the decision regarding the fogs. Interesting. Agree about the odd one out though - I mean the R-Line and the GTI get the LEDs, so why differentiate so broadly on the car inbetween those two? Ultimately for me the BlueGT was neither fish nor foul so I went with the GTI.

Well I took quite a bit of negative equity with me as I tend to trade up too early on my PCP deals!

In essence though I got the automatic £1400 VW contribution plus another £1500 off (£21000 with options - £19500 paid)

I.e the £1400 VW contribution plus some deposit from me paid off my negative.

Hope that makes sense?

Well I took quite a bit of negative equity with me as I tend to trade up too early on my PCP deals!

In essence though I got the automatic £1400 VW contribution plus another £1500 off (£21000 with options - £19500 paid)

I.e the £1400 VW contribution plus some deposit from me paid off my negative.

Hope that makes sense?

I went with a PCH lease in the end. Just under £1200 initial deposit and £190ish a month on a 3 year deal. Dealers I went to couldn't get me under £250 pcm even on a 4 year deal. No neg equity on the Citigo as I'm doing a voluntary termination so no further payments.

• Like 1

I went with a PCH lease in the end. Just under £1200 initial deposit and £190ish a month on a 3 year deal. Dealers I went to couldn't get me under £250 pcm even on a 4 year deal. No neg equity on the Citigo as I'm doing a voluntary termination so no further payments.

This is the route I want to go down after my current PCP deal ends. Sounds like a good deal to me!

This is the route I want to go down after my current PCP deal ends. Sounds like a good deal to me!

Have to say I really enjoyed the experience. If I'm honest I'm not very resolute with sales staff, and going somewhere that didn't try to push overpriced GAP / Lifeshine etc etc down your throat through the "haggling" process was a real breath of fresh air. Just looked for the best deal online and called to place the order. Full stop.

• Like 1