New Polo GTI 1.8TSI- Anyone taken delivery yet?

vrskeith

Would be interesting to have a review of the Subject, can anyone oblige - review test drive or ownership. 

Thanks.

PS. Thought I saw a white one, 15 plated  last week ,  motoring by on the other side of the road ,so no time to have a look.

http://www.pistonheads.com/road-tests/road-tests/volkswagen-polo-gti-facelift-review/31279

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLnvvuxRVyk Looks good in white- bit of track sideways.

Edited by vrskeith

Boo-hiss.. We don't care this is a Skoda forum!!!  :p

Thank you for your very positive contribution to this thread- very informative.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/fabia/90712/skoda-fabia-monte-carlo-adds-sporty-details-to-new-supermini

Thought I would keep you happy, shame Skoda can't do the same for me!

Once upon a time I had one of these:http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=604850831

Then one of these:http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=604788748

Sadly to be no more!!

Hence I sideways moved my loyalty.(VAG - however)

Edited by vrskeith

I started thinking I'd want the new Fabia. But due to the lack of engine choice I've drifted and have been seriously considering the Polo BlueGT, the GTI after some discussions on here, and following a TV advert yesterday I've drifted over to thinking I may have to try a Leon FR as they're currently 0% on HP and a top spec one comes in the same prices as the polo!

(Sorry not directly relevant)

I started thinking I'd want the new Fabia. But due to the lack of engine choice I've drifted and have been seriously considering the Polo BlueGT, the GTI after some discussions on here, and following a TV advert yesterday I've drifted over to thinking I may have to try a Leon FR as they're currently 0% on HP and a top spec one comes in the same prices as the polo!

(Sorry not directly relevant)

My elder brother just bought a VW Polo Blue GT at Christmas, he is as pleased as punch with it ,covered about 2000 miles. So nicely bedded in now.

• Like 1

My elder brother just bought a VW Polo Blue GT at Christmas, he is as pleased as punch with it ,covered about 2000 miles. So nicely bedded in now.

Good to hear! Same engine in the Leon FR is the same price hence my temptation, and the 0% HP. I guess the VW would have better residuals though...

Good to hear! Same engine in the Leon FR is the same price hence my temptation, and the 0% HP. I guess the VW would have better residuals though...

That is the offset I guess,you will have to do the guessing numbers game, as part of your calculation for your justification.

• Like 1

Beginning to look at the Polo GT/GTI as a replacement possibly next year for our Monte, as I don't feel the new Fabia is much of a step forward over the previous marks, particularly as its still running parts of the original Fabia's floorpan.

Our Spaceback runs on an adapted current Polo floor and feels a better car for it.

TP

• Like 1

Ordered a manual 5dr in red yesterday as,a replacement for wife's golf match tdi.

Dealer advised delivery could be as late as September but as there was already a car with same spec in the system allocated at week 32 he was hopeful it might get moved forward as it would now be a definite order. The allocated car has the other wheels speced but he's going to change back to the parabolic aa I think they're nicer.

Had a test in the Gt Blue, impressive but to be honest the price difference makes the GTI better value.

• Like 2

The Polo GTI price has been kept at a reasonable level because of some clever manipulation of the extras fitted to it.

I would have thought the Gti was the pinnacle of the polo range,but it would appear that the 1.2.110bhp S.E.L. Is higher spec

Parking sensors and cruise control, and center armrest standard in S.E.L not in GTI, these extras a cool £510

I could understand this if the GTI was designed for the track but it's supposed to be a focused road car.

Is this a marketing ploy to make the polo appear cheaper than it is or am I being cynical.

Ps most mid range cars now have these as standard.

• Like 1

it was this long delay that ruled out VW polo for me, and a factor in the rejection of skoda, as the i20 was only 4 weeks from order to driving away (could of been just over 2 weeks if I had not waited for the new 15 reg)

was a delay in getting the towbar and electrics that was the biggest delay

Edited by bluecar1

The Polo GTI price has been kept at a reasonable level because of some clever manipulation of the extras fitted to it.

I would have thought the Gti was the pinnacle of the polo range,but it would appear that the 1.2.110bhp S.E.L. Is higher spec

Parking sensors and cruise control, and center armrest standard in S.E.L not in GTI, these extras a cool £510

I could understand this if the GTI was designed for the track but it's supposed to be a focused road car.

Is this a marketing ploy to make the polo appear cheaper than it is or am I being cynical.

Ps most mid range cars now have these as standard.

Cruise control is standard along with led headlights. If I'm not mistaken Cruise & Park at £400 gives optical parking / sensors and cruuse, this is what's standard on the sel and not the GTI and GT which both come with just cruise control. The centre armrest for me would be ok with a dsg but I found it got in the way of changing gear in the GT I drove so decided against it.

• Like 1

Ordered a manual 5dr in red yesterday as,a replacement for wife's golf match tdi.

Dealer advised delivery could be as late as September but as there was already a car with same spec in the system allocated at week 32 he was hopeful it might get moved forward as it would now be a definite order. The allocated car has the other wheels speced but he's going to change back to the parabolic aa I think they're nicer.

Had a test in the Gt Blue, impressive but to be honest the price difference makes the GTI better value.

Sounds good ,I hope your wait is not to long, but feel sure it will be worth it.

Did the sales person say that there was a high demand/interest ?

Any further discount applied /negotiated? Are you PX or a cash buyer or PCP.

The GTI I looked at had no cruise at all.Its an extra in the car brochure. Comes as you say with the cruise and park pack as an extra on GTI.it would be a DSG for me so armrest is important again as you say not so good on manual.

Sounds good ,I hope your wait is not to long, but feel sure it will be worth it.

Did the sales person say that there was a high demand/interest ?

Any further discount applied /negotiated? Are you PX or a cash buyer or PCP.

Decided to go down the PCP route, never done this before but it means the car will always be in warranty, peace of mind etc..

Vw contribute 1000 to deposit along with the  free insurance, we also added the service package at 125 giving a rrp of 19,600 or thereabouts. Cash price would have been 18,000 but with the 1000 contribution it brought it down to 17,000.

They have taken orders for 5 cars and have a black one sold and ready for delivery.

The GT blue would have been ideal for my wife really however, the Gt would have had met paint, its not available in red and she didn't want white so that puts 550 on the price, taking the GT to 19,030 rrp.. so 500 odd on top of that for a GTI.

• Like 1

Decided to go down the PCP route, never done this before but it means the car will always be in warranty, peace of mind etc..

Vw contribute 1000 to deposit along with the free insurance, we also added the service package at 125 giving a rrp of 19,600 or thereabouts. Cash price would have been 18,000 but with the 1000 contribution it brought it down to 17,000.

They have taken orders for 5 cars and have a black one sold and ready for delivery.

The GT blue would have been ideal for my wife really however, the Gt would have had met paint, its not available in red and she didn't want white so that puts 550 on the price, taking the GT to 19,030 rrp.. so 500 odd on top of that for a GTI.

May I ask what your payments are?

The GTI I looked at had no cruise at all.Its an extra in the car brochure. Comes as you say with the cruise and park pack as an extra on GTI.it would be a DSG for me so armrest is important again as you say not so good on manual.

Its not very clear and I see where your getting this from... going to call VW to check, I'll not be happy if it doesn't. :@

Is the VW Polo Blue the 1.4 TSI ACT 150 ps engine, manual or auto? a real bargain seems to be available with a a Seat Leon FR. 1.8 TSI 180 ps petrol DSG in 3,5 door and estate versions. Maybe a bit less power officially. Than a 1.8TSI Polo. But more choices about better value for money.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Your right, no cruise as standard, the dealer told me it definitely did and when I called him he was adamant... went and checked and back tracked. I'm surprised because he is about the most knowledgeable car salesman I've ever met which clearly means he still knows less than most on here!!

He's away to see what he can do to keep the deal alive, £400, I don't think so.

Your right, no cruise as standard, the dealer told me it definitely did and when I called him he was adamant... went and checked and back tracked. I'm surprised because he is about the most knowledgeable car salesman I've ever met which clearly means he still knows less than most on here!!

He's away to see what he can do to keep the deal alive, £400, I don't think so.

I guess this will come down to how much negotiating you did to begin with. There's over £3,400 off of the GTi via the brokers so if you are off of that figure, hopefully there's room enough to give you the cc.

As mentioned above, the Leon, although slightly bigger is a bargain imo. A nice, semi sporty FR spec hatch with Tech pack comes in around £17,300 with the 1.8TSi lump. :)

Is the VW Polo Blue the 1.4 TSI ACT 150 ps engine, manual or auto? a real bargain seems to be available with a a Seat Leon FR. 1.8 TSI 180 ps petrol DSG in 3,5 door and estate versions. Maybe a bit less power officially. Than a 1.8TSI Polo. But more choices about better value for money.

It's abailable as manual or DSG. You can't get the DSG on the 1.4 in the Leon but that's not a deal breaker.

I like that the Leon's are currently on 0% HP - that's a bargain way to own a car in 3 years!