Lights dimming when I turn steering wheel

Hi guys, im having this little issue that when I turn my steering (say when im parking) the head lights dim and the steering goes a little heavy. Ive not long ago changed the auxiliary belt, the tensioner was very strong aswell.

Any ideas?

I asked a similar question a while back and the general consensus seemed to be that this was quite normal.

Would be worth doing the checks as above though to confirm that there is nothing actually wrong.

I suffered with this and very occasionally power steering took a second or so to work.

Changed the bettery and both have gone away.

As Sep. above has said, check the battery and altanator and go from there.

mine's always done this. I thought it was normal? It's only when stationary or at very low speed/ revs so never an issue. The PS draws a lot of current from the battery hence why I thought it's normal.

mine's always done this. I thought it was normal? It's only when stationary or at very low speed/ revs so never an issue. The PS draws a lot of current from the battery hence why I thought it's normal.

+1

This happened before the original battery (7 years old) died and still happens since I put a new battery in. It does not worry me particularly.

JRJG

• Like 1