Tmc box? Obd wifi? iPhone app?

So lets guess until the questions arrive.

You can fit a TMC or Bluespark tuning box and you do not need to use the OBD, you fit it in the Engine Compartment.

It probably will not invalidate a Warranty if you remove it,

The OBD Port can be kept free for a Dongle.

But the Fuse Cover needs to be left off.

If it is a 'Wanted'  post, there are some Tuning Boxes come up for sale from time to time.

The Plug in and App are available quite cheaply online.

Edited by goneoffSKi

sorry guys for some reason it didnt post my question

looking for any info on what kind of mpg to expect from a tmc tuning box?

also if anyone can recommend a OBD wifi plug in and a gd app to go with?

Cheers Ally_bassman looked up that dashcmd looks pretty decent.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

If you drive with the Tuning Box fitted at the same speeds as when not, then the same Economy probably, or a ticky less

fuel will be used.

If you boot a Twincharger they are much the same, anything from 22 - 42 MPG.

Since you are in or near Dundee you have plenty of choice for buying Tesco Momentum & little chance for breaking the speed limit.

What vRS have you,  age and colour?   i will look out for you.

Edited by goneoffSKi

The one you link to seems to suggest it is not compatible with iphone?

Below copied from listing.

Note:

1. If your device can not be connected with the Bluetooth, pls be sure that the Bluetooth 2.1 can only used with Andriod system, Thus iphone, ipad cannot be connected.

2. If can be connected with the Bluetooth, but the software cannot be connected with ECU, that is because you haven't set the software.

3. Pls make sure that you have closed the detection software which is running in the background, and delete the former Bluetooth address, pull up the ELM327 product, connect Bluetooth again, when Bluetooth been connected, then open the detection software.

Just a heads up in case of problems!

Edited by Wonky
  • Like 1

Another heads up: TMC boxes don't work with CTHE engined cars. A 63 plate will more than likely have the newer engine and ECU which a TMC will make no difference to.

No difference really?? Is this tried and tested

I have one of those ELM327 Plug ins & a Disc that came with it,  never been used.

You can have it Free Gratis, i was given it for Free.

I can deliver it sometime if you want.

Just PM me an address and i will pop it in the letter box, or drop it off at your work.

(i will refrain from nicking your car while i am there.)

george

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

I have one of those ELM327 Plug ins & a Disc that came with it,  never been used.

Just PM me an address and i will pop it in the letter box, or drop it off at your work.

george

I have this one, and can confirm that it works with the iphone.

The OBD Port can be kept free for a Dongle.

But the Fuse Cover needs to be left off.

I have a bluetooth unit plugged into the OBD port that sends info to my Garmin GPS. It was annoying me having to leave the fuse cover off so I bought one of these... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OBD2-Connector-16-Pin-Male-to-Female-Extension-ELM327-Diagnostic-Car-Cable-Flat-/171703242104?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item27fa4f8d78

You plug the cable into the OBD port, the thin cable goes through the gap in the bottom of the cover, and you put your unit somewhere else. If not long enough, get another one and extend. All good with the fuse cover on.

• Like 1

wheres your proof of this ?

The original TMC box was only for CAVE engine cars.

When VAG altered the 1.4TSI with the revised internals and different ECU/map, the CAVE TMC box made no effect on it as it's commonly known that the CTHE ECU has a different map and is proven to produce more power than the CAVE. 

I've just looked on the TMC site and they do now indeed state that their device will work with the revised engine...... So whether they've changed their map to suit, or they are just assuming it will work who knows?

I'm just offering advice to make sure people who have CTHE engine cars do not buy older TMC boxes, as they may make sod all difference. :sun:

I'd be wary about buying a tuning box for CTHE engine cars, as another user fitted a Bluespark box to his and on the rollers it made not much more than standard!

• Like 1

I have one of those ELM327 Plug ins & a Disc that came with it, never been used.

george

Too late lol mines came this morning

When VAG altered the 1.4TSI with the revised internals and different ECU/map, the CAVE TMC box made no effect on it as it's commonly known that the CTHE ECU has a different map and is proven to produce more power than the CAVE.

I've just looked on the TMC site and they do now indeed state that their device will work with the revised engine...... So whether they've changed their map to suit, or they are just assuming it will work who knows?

I'm just offering advice to make sure people who have CTHE engine cars do not buy older TMC boxes, as they may make sod all difference. :sun:

I'd be wary about buying a tuning box for CTHE engine cars, as another user fitted a Bluespark box to his and on the rollers it made not much more than standard!

I'm gona drop them an email they do offer a 30day money back Garuntee so of imagine so they must be fairly confindent Edited by Scottymitch86
  • Like 1

Can i ask what price you paid for the TMC Tuning box,  there are 2 different ones.  

The South American Fuel spec bargain for example.

If there was ever an issue with the Tuning Box and the Warranty & the Dealer, then give me a shout and we can discuss 

how there can not be one rule (conditions) for some and not for others.

Edited by goneoffSKi

When VAG altered the 1.4TSI with the revised internals and different ECU/map, the CAVE TMC box made no effect on it as it's commonly known that the CTHE ECU has a different map and is proven to produce more power than the CAVE. 

I can confirm that fitting a Bluespark tuning box makes little (if any) difference to the BHP output on a CTHE engine. HOWEVER, it does make a big difference to acceleration & tractability (is that a word?).

I've taken my box off because the car was due it's second service, & I didn't want to compromise the warranty, It's been off a month now & the MPG (as recorded on the the Maxidot) as dropped from 42.6 to 37.3MPG, same ferocious driving style, but a very different behaving car. I can't wait to put the Bluespark back on.

Proof of the pudding will be the Santa Pod get together & see how it compares with standard CTHE engines.

• Like 1