What's the life span of the Octy III ?

Hi All.

Just chucking this one out there.

What to we think? Any thoughts on whether ther will be a Mk3 facelift before seeing a Mk4 and when might that Mk4 appear?

Now we are approaching 2 years with the Mk3, I just wondered if any hints from the press have been spotted?

Skoda (Volkswagen Group)  Vehicles are usually going with a 7 Year Production run.

There might be 1 or 2 Face Lifts in that time with Skoda.

but with the MQB Platform you never know, because you are so short a time into their Road Use in the UK and Rest of World Regions 

they will need to get to 4 / 5 years and see how they are getting on.

There seems to be issues in their Production and they are not the money saver that the Volkswagen Group thought they had.

Maybe they will stick with things and this form of Design & Manufacturing, but they need to improve Quality Control 

over some of the VWG Manufacturing.

Edited by goneoffSKi

VW are working to a 5 year lifecycle now...the Mk7 Golf even though relatively new is due for replacement 2017 I believe. I reckon its to be a heavy facelift rather than entire platform change (as cars will be based on MQB for some years Id have thought)....Id wager the Mk4 Octavia (though really more a Mk3.5) will come around the same time with the new engines and tech from the Mk8 Golf.

Five years or so sounds about right for the design as a whole but given the online photographs of heavily camouflaged slightly facelifted Octavia 3 models mentioned here last year, I have to think that some mild tweaks and maybe a few spec changes/ engine upgrades are likely to appear later on this year to keep the car up to date.

Interesting, so a Mark 4 Octavia could be here as early as 2018? Suspect the move to MQB was the big jump though, the next gen could be a bit like the Mark 5 to Mark 6 Golf - mostly cosmetic and cost savings!

edit: few hints of future technology here: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/89538/new-volkswagen-golf-mk8-tech-secrets-revealed 

10 speed DSG sounds the most interesting, as does a more powerful TDI engine for the hotter versions

Edited by lostp

I'd never a buy a new car on release. Generally the first cars may have faults ironed out later and more options tend to be added/ available/ included. If its a 5 yr cycle, the mk4 octy will be two years in production when i look to change cars. Shame my vrs tsi is likely to be worth bugger all despite high spec and predicted 30k miles @ 5yrs old. :-(

• Like 1

I'd never a buy a new car on release. Generally the first cars may have faults ironed out later and more options tend to be added/ available/ included. If its a 5 yr cycle, the mk4 octy will be two years in production when i look to change cars. Shame my vrs tsi is likely to be worth bugger all despite high spec and predicted 30k miles @ 5yrs old. :-(

I can vouch for this, had quite a few issues with my April 13 build O3, ordered it on launch weekend!  Looking forward to getting my new suspension fitted in the next week or so to hopefully eliminate my main woe with the car.  Also, agree about the spec changes as the production run evolves, but when I compare list price of the equivalent car now, it's increased by over £1,000 and the only addition is Front Assist so I guess you only get what you pay for, or not as the case may be!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...