Citigo rear parking Sensors

Tom8322

Good evening

I have just ordered my wife a 75 ps Elegance in blue and to get it quicker I ordered one that was built and sat at the port.

I wanted factory reversing sensors but as that meant waiting a further 2-3 months for a car to be built I agreed for the garage to fit them at £340, the garage has said they are skoda sensors but won't work with the pid as only factory ones do that. I have seen these on eBay that say work with PID can this be true?

Genuine Skoda ones on eBay that DO integrate with the PID and are half the price you mentioned to boot. The garage are fleecing you mate. My next question is "are they painting them for you" as they won't come colour coded and will stick out like a sore thumb otherwise. Unless you have health reasons I'd suggest ditching the idea and living without them.

I very much regret not ordering these and didn't know you can retrofit them and still work with the pid.

How much would it cost to get the skoda ones fitted and synced with pid?

my car will have these, what is actually show on the PID? Only reason I went for them were the fact they are part of the convenience pack, probably wouldn't have bothered otherwise

I think this video shows it (30 seconds in)

thats on a VW up, but I think even the computer is the exact same as a Skoda

If you hit something whilst reversing a Citigo I would question whether you should be driving at all!  :D  :D  :D

I've come from having Smarts for 7 years, so I'm still adjusting to the Citigo being a huge barge of a thing :D

No I haven't got parking sensors.

• Like 1

Ive never actually used a car with them much, but I just like the idea of having it "just in case"

They are good to have, especially if reversing at night, my mrs car has them front and back

If you hit something whilst reversing a Citigo I would question whether you should be driving at all!  :D  :D  :D

Agree 100% The rear wheels are only about 4 inches from the back bumper corners,if you can't place the back end in the mirrors....well...........its time to start taking taxi's. :x

Edited by faradaycage
  • Like 1

Agreed the citigo is a easy car to park. But yes I have sensor's on mine....help resale and very handy in the wet dark weather as an extra aid.

I've specced reversing sensors on all my cars since running into a lampost that had a lower section that was 20 times thicker than the rest of the post. Lampost showed OK in mirrors and was clear of the car but the invisible b****y base wasn't. :devil:

Sensors show rear quarters clearly.

Fred

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I ordered some parking sensors on Ebay. Just the type that beep the closer you are to something behind you.

The kit included a small drill for the holes and there was a choice of around 20 colours.

Took me an hour to fit myself and wire into the reversing lights.

& here's the real bonus . . . . . . . . . they cost under £15.00 including the postage ! 

I've specced reversing sensors on all my cars since running into a lampost that had a lower section that was 20 times thicker than the rest of the post. Lampost showed OK in mirrors and was clear of the car but the invisible b****y base wasn't. :devil:

Sensors show rear quarters clearly.

Fred

or when the car park owner thought it'd be really clever to paint the posts black in the dark multistory carpark with no lighting..............not that it's ever happened to me!! However they are now painted high-vis yellow!