Mk3 Fabia Owners Register

Bye bye fabia - chopped in my  Fabian SE L Estate for a Kodiaq - should be with me in 2 weeks 

On 10/09/2017 at 23:33, sparckzero said:

67 Fabia 1.0 TSI 110 SE L Hatchback, Race Blue with no optional extras. Registered 01/09/17.

Extremely pleased with it so far!

20170902_171158.jpg

Hi all, just picked up my Fabia yesterday, trading in my citigo Monte Carlo for this beaut

1.o tsi montecarlo 

white

17 inch wheel upgrade 

front and rear mudflaps 

boot liner 

872E4BB6-39FD-4342-B53B-FCB7DE6AECA1.jpeg

• Like 1

One Yellow Fabia III sold, a new Denim Blue SEL Combi 1.0 81kW DSG picked up today

Only  extras were 

- Sport leather steering wheel

- Adaptive cruise control

and of course the mandatory winter pack with winter tires etc.

IMG_20180312_132542.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my Fabia S today, its my second car.  

My first was a Citigo SE which I loved and I never had a single problem with it throughout the 3 year PCP.  Was tempted to take a high spec Citigo, but settled on a Fabia in the end.  Would have prefererd an SE, the lack of AC will probably annoy me a bit, but with the new look Fabia coming out soon I got a very good deal on this S spec.

Got it for the same monthly price VW finance wanted to refinance my 3 year old Citigo (the final payment was 4.3k, higher than what my Fabia will owe). And that is including a 4 year warrenty, gap insurance (maybe I shouldnt have taken this, it worked out at £1 per month so I just took it) full service plan, mudflaps and mats.  A rather better deal than refinancing a 3 year old car than needed an MOT and new front tyres soon for the same price.

I was tempted by the Citigo colour edition, but moving up to a bigger, 5 door car, for the same price as a high spec Citigo just made too much sense.  

I will miss the Citigo's built in satnav, but the DAB radio and bluetooth media system is a very nice feature for a base model.  I was also pleased to find a USB port, I didn't notice that when I went for a test drive.

My Citigo was a wonderful first car, hope that I will have just as much luck with my new Fabia.

20180321_184237.jpg

Edited by tiber
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, tiber said:

Picked up my Fabia S today, its my second car.  

My first was a Citigo SE which I loved and I never had a single problem with it throughout the 3 year PCP.  Was tempted to take a high spec Citigo, but settled on a Fabia in the end.  Would have prefererd an SE, the lack of AC will probably annoy me a bit, but with the new look Fabia coming out soon I got a very good deal on this S spec.

Congratulations! You will love the practicality and fuel economy. Mine Colour edition has been a brilliant second car. LED, rear parking sensors and Carplay/Android Auto have been great perks! Everyone who've sat in it have been surprised by its roominess. Done 3200 miles in 12 months.

Personally I could not cope with a car without AC. The interior would feel stuffy and I would get fatigued very quickly - especially on long journeys. Further more demisting the windows will be a challenge. In fact, when I replace it, climate control will be on top of my list as temperature control and air quality management is much better in my BMW.

Opening windows is sometimes not an option because of wind noise, heat or fumes from cars/bikes/lorries in front. 

Edited by Crassus

23 minutes ago, Crassus said:

Congratulations! You will love the practicality and fuel economy. Mine Colour edition has been a brilliant second car. LED, rear parking sensors and Carplay/Android Auto have been great perks! Everyone who've sat in it have been surprised by its roominess. Done 3200 miles in 12 months.

Personally I could not cope with a car without AC. The interior would feel stuffy and I would get fatigued very quickly - especially on long journeys. Further more demisting the windows will be a challenge. In fact, when I replace it, climate control will be on top of my list as temperature control and air quality management is much better in my BMW.

Opening windows is sometimes not an option because of wind noise, heat or fumes from cars/bikes/lorries in front. 

Thanks!

I'm not thrilled about the AC and I am sure someday I will need to demist my car in and a hurry and be very cross about it.  But to be honest I didn't use it all that much in my Citigo and if everything else is right about the car then I think we can live without it.  The SE worked out too much (I would also have liked the better entertainment system), the only reason I got a Fabia for the price of a Citigo was because the new look Fabia is coming out soon and I got a very good deal on a car that was already sitting on a truck  at the docks - over 4 years it will cost about £500 more than VW wanted to refinance a 3 year old Citigo over 3 years.  My final payment on this is also 4k, it was 4.3k on the less expensive Citigo!  I actually had some negative equity on the Citigo which the dealer cleared for me, even after 4 years (probably closer to 36 months) I should have some equity in the Fabia.

Got a bigger, more valuable, 5 door car (with a few nice features like heated electric heated mirrors and DAB that I didn't have on the higher spec Citigo) for the same price as the 3 year old car that was already sitting in my drive, I just couldn't say no over AC, it was either a Fabia without AC or no Fabia.    As I mentioned I was very tempted by a Colour edition Citigo which had a few bells and whistles that I liked, but we liked the extra space in the Fabia and as we are hoping to start a family in the next year or two,  the 5 doors, bigger back and large boot are all useful.

Edited by tiber

9 hours ago, tiber said:

I actually had some negative equity on the Citigo which the dealer cleared for me, even after 4 years (probably closer to 36 months) I should have some equity in the Fabia.

It seems like you got a winning deal :)

Hello All

I have just returned to Briskoda, I have been here before.

A Brief history of my skoda's:

Red Felicia 1.3GLi 62PS (T Reg)

Blue Fabia 1.4TDi Classic 75PS (53 Reg)

Black Fabia 1.9TDi Elegance 105PS (08 Reg)

Maroon Fabia 1.6TDi 105PS (62 Reg)

Current Car (Just got it 22.03.2018)

Black Fabia 1.2TSi Monte Carlo 110PS (15 Reg)

So far I have done 363.4 miles in the car, I have to say I am very pleased with the car, a fantastic balance between performance and economy, the computer told me 50.3mpg and Brim to Brim tells me 50.61mpg.

I find it very comfortable and love driving it, I need to set a day aside to detail it then I will get pictures up on the forum of the wee beastie. 

Looking forward to being active on this forum. 

SlightlyQ

• Like 1

Waved goodbye to my Candy White Fabia 1.2 TSI SE 90ps this morning and picked up my Fabia Estate 1.0 TSI SE 95ps.

I know not much of an upgrade but needed the room! 

IMG_20180326_114633_758.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beddiawl said:

Waved goodbye to my Candy White Fabia 1.2 TSI SE 90ps this morning and picked up my Fabia Estate 1.0 TSI SE 95ps.

I know not much of an upgrade but needed the room! 

IMG_20180326_114633_758.jpg

I went from an estate to the kodiaq as i needed more space lol three kids and a wife lol

20180326_210522.jpg

• Like 1

Picked up the new Fabia on Saturday 

Fabia SEL hatchback 1.0 TSI 95PS

rallye green

options 

KESSY

Privacy glass

Spare wheel

light & rain assist 

hill hold

rear electric window 

heated front seats

add-ons

front & rear mud flaps 

black grille frame

aluminum sill covers

glossy black rear bumper protect panel 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Fabia Mk3 SE L 110bhp manual gearbox in Quartz Grey, purchased 02/04/18

Edited by RAG
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Time to announce my leaving of the forum full time. Will still hang around but have changed my Mk3 for a 955 generation Porsche Cayenne. 

As as mentioned in my post when I joined I can from an Audi A6 Avant and after 10 months or so with the Fabia I needed my engine back. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

fabia 1.0 tsi 110bhp hatch 6 speed manual had it 2 days so impressed

redline 2017

standard (for now) 16"black alloys

lovely nippy car 

came from an a3 s line 252bhp and this things so nippy round town great on fuel (main reason)

• Like 1

Fabia 1.2 TSi, 6q 81kw
Monte Carlo edition, Corrida red (2017)

Škoda Ray 17", 215/40 Nexen
Bolero
Front Assist
Eibach -35/-30mm springs

TO DO: 
BOV

exhaust system

direct air suction

Photo is before lowering, should have new one in a week :)
C546F25A-8D40-453B-AF63-DF302FD32105.jpeg.130c013ee54068f136a399fb4313256e.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi everyone I'm new here. Currently own a 64 plate monte carlo 1.2 tech but am awaiting delivery in the next two weeks of a new model (pictures to follow)

1.0 6 speed monte carlo tsi 

Meteor Grey

17" upgrade alloys

Upgraded sat nav

cruise control

centre arm rest as the extras.

What are peoples opinions on the front and rear mudflaps, do they look good or are they not worth the cost?