Mk3 Fabia Owners Register

7 minutes ago, Stuart8 said:

Will you be selling the wheels that are on the car now. 

Have a look at superskoda.com, I’ve had loads of stuff from there for my Fabia SE L 

I will be, 3 of them are scuffed to varying degrees from various encounters with road debris and kerbs but one is perfect. All have pretty much brand new tyres too.

I'm looking at getting new floor mats (mine are about worn through) and bonnet struts.

It depends on what job i can get once i finish uni in the next couple months.

Ultimately might be looking at a 1.8TSI engine swap... maybe 300bhp with custom exhaust and a heck of a lot of torque :)

20 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

I will be, 3 of them are scuffed to varying degrees from various encounters with road debris and kerbs but one is perfect. All have pretty much brand new tyres too.

I'm looking at getting new floor mats (mine are about worn through) and bonnet struts.

It depends on what job i can get once i finish uni in the next couple months.

Ultimately might be looking at a 1.8TSI engine swap... maybe 300bhp with custom exhaust and a heck of a lot of torque :)

I've put bonnet struts on mine from super skoda. Really simple to fit

1 minute ago, Stuart8 said:

I've put bonnet struts on mine from super skoda. Really simple to fit

Nice, i'd be doing mine but i just spent £600 on the new set of alloys and tyres, so anything else will have to wait a little while!

In summer i wish to get the whole suspension system replaced and shocks/springs upgraded to bilstein B6 and eibach springs. If it passes MOT in july i might hold off a little if i can get hold of some calipers and brakes and do a big brake upgrade at the same time. 312mm front and 256mm rear.

After that ill be looking at a remap and mostly internal aesthetics (i want to get a set of monte carlo seats and a red trimmed steering wheel and centre console).

Then itll be the saving up and waiting game until i can get hold of a totalled polo gti 1.8 that i can transplant the engine and gearbox from.

that'll require a custom exhaust being done, and i might see about a turbo upgrade on it to bring it to 300bhp. (Depending on costs etc i might have the engine rebuilt with stronger rods and valves too, i'm not sure what kind of power the 1.8 can take).

i desire to keep it looking as close to stock externally, nothing to say "this car moves like **** off a stick", so i can take people by surprise 😂

Thats all at very least 1-2 years down the line though. I can't do too much either or insurance will start shooting to the sky.

• 1 month later...

Just bought a March 2019 Fabia SEL dsg 110PS in Quartz grey (my first DSG) with 4280 miles on the clock. Really pleased with the car and how it drives. The dealership was excellent - (West End Garage in Dunfermline). Car was prepared well and handover was very professional and thorough. On the drive home (40 miles) I got 46 mpg which I am happy with. Only problem as such was with Škoda Connect which took ages to load/set up and did not provide anything really useful (to me). I attach a couple of photos of the car - very lucky the car was available in my favourite colour!

8C7101B9-C93B-4B62-BB94-AAD54EAAB036.thumb.jpeg.8c3f5072a7f3554334e07800b504b59a.jpeg

801CED81-CB5C-42D5-9D7B-738E4FD5CA50.thumb.jpeg.f15942775762c4115814f935c501c95b.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just realised I haven't announced my Fabia here and I've had it for two and a quarter years now.

It's an SE 1.0 TSi 110 in Black Magic. This car is really just for my partner and daughter to go back and forth along the road to the school so it didn't need to be especially high spec. We did have and SEL in mind but the SE made more sense when we thought about what we needed.

My first mod was a set of Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen2 tyres as it was winter. Next was a set of mudflaps and that was it. Until now. I recently got the chance to buy my Dad's old Octavia vRS. I had a look at it and it was ruined and not worth fixing. It wasn't even on wheels so I asked what had happened to them and was told they were in the shed. I had a look and took them instead. I then got them refurbished and now they seem to have gotten on to the Fabia somehow...

large._20200327_174522.JPG.b57830958523fc1078474801b097f81d.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

it's been a while I'm not around, so I decided to update my status.

One year ago we sold the Fabia mk2 HTP (70hp) from my wife and we bought a brand new mk3 with the same engine, but 60HP instead of 70.

We were looking for a new car with a good deal to update the old Fabia, and after looking around (several other brands as well) we ended up buying a this Fabia 25-Years-of-Skoda-in-Austria Edition, which was already at the dealer, so no options possible.

Of course, the idea was to keep the expense as low as possible, and this car was having a very competitive price when compared with other alternatives (we end up paying 10k€).

I think is the perfect option as a second car, considering that we have two kids and the Fabia wins the space battle by far when compared with the options on the 10k€ range (with the exception of the Dacia Sandero, but it was never an option for us).

I bought now an Android radio with 8" screen which after installed drained the battery, but that's a different story that I will share in the proper forum.

Cheers and remain healthy!

fabia.jpg

2017 Fabia Monte Carlo Hatch 1.2 TSI 110 DSG recently purchased to replace my Mk2 Monte which was rear ended and written off. Since purchase I have fitted:

Spare wheel kit

Boot mat

Front and Rear Mudflaps

Front and Rear Rubber Mats

Armrest

Painted badges to front and rear

Superskoda front eyelids

Superskoda gloss black rear  bumper protector, the top face of the rear bumper was scratched and marked by the previous owner, the dealership offered to paint it but didn't fancy a smart repair.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Andymod
  • Like 1

On 09/04/2020 at 17:36, Andymod said:

2017 Fabia Monte Carlo Hatch 1.2 TSI 110 DSG recently purchased to replace my Mk2 Monte which was rear ended and written off. Since purchase I have fitted:

Spare wheel kit

Boot mat

Front and Rear Mudflaps

Front and Rear Rubber Mats

Armrest

Painted badges to front and rear

Superskoda front eyelids

Superskoda gloss black rear  bumper protector, the top face of the rear bumper was scratched and marked by the previous owner, the dealership offered to paint it but didn't fancy a smart repair.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks nice in that colour, I've got some eyelids on the way for mine. What did you paint the badges with, what prep and did you have to remove them, paint and refit? Was looking at doing mine ir maybe remove the skoda and fabia from the back.

Thanks, Dan

4 hours ago, Monkey_Dan said:

Looks nice in that colour, I've got some eyelids on the way for mine. What did you paint the badges with, what prep and did you have to remove them, paint and refit? Was looking at doing mine ir maybe remove the skoda and fabia from the back.

Thanks, Dan

Bought a set of badges, sanded the chrome with fine sandpaper until dull, which was time consuming, that chrome is resilient. Then primed with etch primer. 

Painted with black magic and lacquered.

5 hours ago, Andymod said:

Bought a set of badges, sanded the chrome with fine sandpaper until dull, which was time consuming, that chrome is resilient. Then primed with etch primer. 

Painted with black magic and lacquered.

That sounds like too much hard work. I swapped my steering wheel out today for an Octavia VRS one with paddles. Only took minutes and I love it 

• 2 weeks later...

Fabia 1.0 TSI 110 DSG.

After 22.500 kilometers in one year only satisfactions. From Catalonia. I read with great interest the topics about paddle steering wheel in DSG cars retrofitting a wheel from Octavias MK3.

IMG_20200423_100102.jpg

• 1 month later...

Picked this up on Saturday. Got Android Auto working pretty quickly 😀 

Probably will add rear tints, buy a spare wheel kit and make some VCDS adaptions such as auto lock and then just enjoy.

IMG-20200606-WA0008.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've previously been lurking around on these forums but decided it was time for me to actually join seeing as I will be using it more and more now.

Purchased a 2015 SE L as part exchange for my first car (mk2 Ford Ka (Fiat 500 😶)), as a family we have always loved Skoda's so this was a very nice upgrade. The car had only done around 17k miles at purchase earlier this year, and is now sitting around 22k.

Adventures so far have included fitting an android head unit and then destroying that with a bad USB cable (my radio is the early model with only mirror link, no android auto sadly - I shall just stick with a phone holder I think).

Other than that and having my key rattle around in the cupholder due to the car having keyless start but no keyless entry, I cannot fault it. The colour is Rio Red Metallic which looks great clean in the sun, but a little brown in the shade and dirty - must get around to cleaning it again this weekend.

Shortly I shall be able to renew my insurance and start making some changes, currently liking the look of a remap to take the 1.2TSI from 90 to 130bhp 😄

IMG_20190401_162240.jpg

6 minutes ago, SkyFl4m3 said:

having my key rattle around in the cupholder

image.jpeg.ed44d9538b6022f70a431e65f3fea405.jpeg

Above any help.

There are two types/sizes you can get.

It fits in the cup holder. 

On the Fabia it sits the other way round.

Thanks AG Falco

Thanks for the reply @AGFalco

Quickly searching on superskoda I can only see one variant but this would actually solve my problem, are they recommended to use as a retailer or are there better alternatives?

I guess I would also have to take a chance at seeing if my phone would fit in there, but that isn't much of an issue because it currently fits perfectly in the space below the handbrake anyway...

1 minute ago, SkyFl4m3 said:

I guess I would also have to take a chance at seeing if my phone would fit

The first / older version had a smaller phone holder.

The later one in the photo has a hole length of 81 mm.

I got mine from TPS, this is cheaper than SuperSkoda.

Part number under it is ' 5E0.857.630.A

This is what it look like in my Fabia.

Thanks AG Falco

Key Phone Holder Skoda.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Put deposit down on my first Skoda Fabia 65 plate  1.4 tdi SE looking forward to picking it up. 😀 Is there a simple way of checking my car's spec? Want to see what extras mine has.  ie are heated seats standard on the SE?

Edited by Matt_West_Mids

12 hours ago, Matt_West_Mids said:

Put deposit down on my first Skoda Fabia 65 plate  1.4 tdi SE looking forward to picking it up. 😀 Is there a simple way of checking my car's spec? Want to see what extras mine has.  ie are heated seats standard on the SE?

I think my 1.4tdi is an SE on a 16 plate and it doesn't have heated seats.

This link should enable you to down load previous brouchures on this page

https://www.autoevolution.com/cars/skoda-fabia-2014.html#aeng_skoda-fabia-2014-10-mpi-6mt-60-hp

11 minutes ago, Silverbirch said:

I think my 1.4tdi is an SE on a 16 plate and it doesn't have heated seats.

This link should enable you to down load previous brouchures on this page

https://www.autoevolution.com/cars/skoda-fabia-2014.html#aeng_skoda-fabia-2014-10-mpi-6mt-60-hp

Thanks for that. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Matt_West_Mids said:

Thanks for that. 👍🏻

No problem.

Owners manual available on line here

https://manual.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com/Model/Fabia_NJ

Make sure you ask for a printout of all the service history when you collect the vehicle as they no longer have a book for recording services. 

34 minutes ago, Silverbirch said:

No problem.

Owners manual available on line here

https://manual.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com/Model/Fabia_NJ

Make sure you ask for a printout of all the service history when you collect the vehicle as they no longer have a book for recording services. 

Thanks for the tip already looked through the service history bit annoying about no longer having a book.