VRS questions!

All,

I'd be grateful if any of you could answer the following questions......?

1) Does the VRS estate come with puddle lights as standard?  (I've ordered the folding mirrors)

2) Where is the best place to buy LED interior bulbs, I plan to upgrade them all.

3) Is it worth investing in a space saver?

4) As there are tyre pressure sensors fitted, can you have run flats?

I'm sure I'll have many more questions in my 12-14 week wait but those should do for now :yawn:

1. Folding mirrors are a great extra as they have the puddle lights but even better they dim automatically.

3. Depends. Do you want to get stuck without one?

4. Why bother if you have a spare unless you are really unlucky? The TPM will give some advance warning of impending deflation or loss of pressure.... Unless it blows /bursts. Then you'll know anyway.

Read most of the threads in the Oct III forum and in 12 weeks time you'll have answered all those burning questions.

You should be able to amend your order if it's just been placed

I'll try it. My budget was already stretched though!  If I could have afforded it I would have gone for the sunroof and heated screen too!

I tried getting run-flats but it wasn't possible due to some deviation in the rim design that wouldn't allow it. Or so I was told by the dealer.

As for the interior lighting: The footwells have lighting that I suspect is not LED, but in the roof (near the sunglasses compartment) are a few LED's built-in that light up the interior while driving.

Not too much, just enough to give it a nice shine.

You can change your order pretty much up until the car goes to build.

I changed my mind a couple of times up until a week before it went to build, I only know this because I had a change of heart about the standard Gemini's and went to order the Extreme's but I was to late, saved myself £750 though!

Uk models dont have footlights, its not an option over here.

I tried getting run-flats but it wasn't possible due to some deviation in the rim design that wouldn't allow it. Or so I was told by the dealer.

As for the interior lighting: The footwells have lighting that I suspect is not LED, but in the roof (near the sunglasses compartment) are a few LED's built-in that light up the interior while driving.

Not too much, just enough to give it a nice shine.

Edited by Crogers

No footwell lights as standard? Is the wiring there?

Nope no wiring in place. Kits can be bought on the internet, including the lights and wiring, but require coding once fitted to get them to work.

In simple terms

1. If you ordered folding mirrors then yes definitely they will have puddle lights. The benefit with the option on the vRS is that they do for sure both also auto dim with the rear view mirror.

Elegance gets standard folding non dimming mirrors but wierdly is still a 125 quid option to upgrade to auto dimming...which is a bit of a con IMHO.

2. Ledperf is a good place for LEDs for the O3 as others on here who have used then I am sure will confirm (I havent personally as Im not that bothered about the lack of LEDs).

3. Get the spare as an option. Skoda UK will want to charge you a fortune for the spacesaver as a dealer sourced item (£250ish).....thats assuming you can find a dealer that would source it for you.

4. Car doesnt have pressure sensors per se, the ABS sensors detect change in tyre rolling circumference and can give indication of deflation/loss of pressure and will indicate a problem with an individual wheel. The car doesnt employ sensors and doesnt know the tyres pressures as per the more complicated arrangement on other cars. A good thing as less likely to experience issues/faults compared to true TPMS. You could probabky fit run flats if you really wanted to buy they'll probably just ruin the ride.

Edited by pipsyp