MY16

Can you use google maps for navigation via Android Auto then (first button)? - It seems you have Amundsen, so you probably don't have the need yourself though :)

• Like 1

Can you use google maps for navigation via Android Auto then (first button)? - It seems you have Amundsen, so you probably don't have the need yourself though :)

Yup you can indeed though as you say I have amundsen anyway

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

150 Diesel.

The figures that I were quoted came from the head marketing guy at Skoda, after I initially enquired about changing my order so that I could have 16's and not 17's.

DSG? Looking at other figures in the brochure, it looks like the 115 figure is probably the correct one, as it's consistent with the other wheel sizes and the manual gearbox. The 6 speed DSG is less efficient (on EU figures) than the 6 speed manual (the 7 speed DSG is slightly more efficient), so 105 g/km looks like it was probably a mistake.

At the end of the day its only a difference of £10, hardly worth worrying about, but its a matter of principle...

It might make more of a difference in the future if they change all the bands and charges again. It was one reason I was pleased to get the newer 1.2 engine - just because no one distinguishes between 117g/km EU5 and 114g/km EU6 now, doesn't mean they never will in the future.

Good news, will be using them for servicing once I get my car

I used to buy my cars from George Pringle in Dalkeith but then Skoda took his franchise away as he wasn't in an up market enough location, so in 2000 I switched to West End in Uphall, been buying there ever since. They only sell used cars there now so this one was actually ordered from Dunfermline but there's no way I could get there at lunchtime during the week so they brought it over to Uphall for me. Half a tank of fuel in it too which isn't what most people get these days.  

They also fitted my michelin cross climate tyres for me so if you know anyone needing a set of 17 inch pirellis......  :D

• Like 1

They also fitted my michelin cross climate tyres for me so if you know anyone needing a set of 17 inch pirellis...... :D

You got Pirellis on yours? I got Hankook! :-s How come everyone seems to get different tyres on their cars?! Or is yours Pirelli because yours is an estate?

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

I think it's just pot luck

That's my point... You would have thought the factory stocks specific tyres for specific models with specific wheel sizes not just some random selection.

Also thought that the factory fitted tyres are carefully chosen (tested) to be the right balance between cost and ride/performance.

good luck getting it activated - the standard line right now seems to be that it is factory fit only but I suspect that's because VAG aren't really sure what it is yet  :notme:

Yes,negate the one m getting from Skoda UK

It's cracking. Just got back from Glasgow, the acc is amazing in traffic. At one point as the Motorway broadened out to 3 lanes the guy in front pottering along at 55 moved into the middle lane. The octavia suddenly saw clear space and floored it past on the inside. Need to be aware of that I think, don't fancy explaining to the polis that it wasn't me that was in control!

• Like 1

Smart link appears to be temperamental. One phone connects every time but plays audio through the phone not the head unit (galaxy s4), other phone (moto g 4g) doesn't always connect but when it does it plays everything via the head unit as intended

I think it's pot luck in terms of brand but the size etc will all be model specific

I have Hankook winters, much better than the horrible Contis, that my yeti was delivered with.

Hoping for something better on the Octy when it arrives.

Will have to sell the Hankooks, as they will be the wrong size for the Octy, considering Goodyear Ultra Grip 9's

Does tinting usually require the doors to be pulled apart to get access to the glass? I assume yes in order to do a proper job I.e. edge to edge application of the film. Are there not any risks of pulling the doors apart, potentially invalidating warranty?

@j1n20 do you know if eclipse take the doors apart and if they do a nice clean job of it? Which brand of film do they use?

I apologise for the late response (been quite ill), that I am afraid I don't know, I've seen the end result on a friends car and it is quite good, if memory serves me correct either 3M or Solar gard? or something is the brand of film they use.

Update on my vehicle:

Got a call on Friday, car is built and currently in Germany waiting to go on a ship and to be delivered.

Dealer doesn't know how long it will take... potentially a few weeks :(

I want my new skoda already! lol

Update on my vehicle:

Got a call on Friday, car is built and currently in Germany waiting to go on a ship and to be delivered.

Dealer doesn't know how long it will take... potentially a few weeks :(

I want my new skoda already! lol

that will be about right but it can be quicker, mine arrived in Emden three weeks ago and I picked it up yesterday. Depends on when the ships are scheduled I guess. Mine sat in Emden for 6 days, took a day to cross to Newcastle and then a few more to get to the dealer and finally a few days for them to PDI etc

I apologise for the late response (been quite ill), that I am afraid I don't know, I've seen the end result on a friends car and it is quite good, if memory serves me correct either 3M or Solar gard? or something is the brand of film they use.

@j1n20 hope you're better!

I went and saw Eclipse. Nice folks! £120 to tint the Octy hatch rear windows with Solar Guard, which seems pretty reasonable. They advised they wouldn't need to take the doors apart to do the job.

Turns out they also used to do chemical/wax based paint protection but stopped as their main business is windows and bodywork films and this is keeping their small workshop quite busy. They may pick up paint protection again in the future when they move to a larger premises.

Thanks for the recommendation. Will prob go with these guys for tints.

Still need to find someone to do the paint/interior protection and also decide which is a good product to go with.

• Like 1

@j1n20 hope you're better!

I went and saw Eclipse. Nice folks! £120 to tint the Octy hatch rear windows with Solar Guard, which seems pretty reasonable. They advised they wouldn't need to take the doors apart to do the job.

Turns out they also used to do chemical/wax based paint protection but stopped as their main business is windows and bodywork films and this is keeping their small workshop quite busy. They may pick up paint protection again in the future when they move to a larger premises.

Thanks for the recommendation. Will prob go with these guys for tints.

Still need to find someone to do the paint/interior protection and also decide which is a good product to go with.

That's not bad, what shade are you gonna go for? I wanted mine quite dark, I think 5% would be overkill but it'd be nice to have, for family reasons obviously.

That's not bad, what shade are you gonna go for? I wanted mine quite dark, I think 5% would be overkill but it'd be nice to have, for family reasons obviously.

5% is pretty much limo style blackout? That would be too dark for us and not sure it would go with the silver car. We're pondering 20% or 35%. Not looked at just how dark 20% is, but if its too dark we'll go with 35%.

5% is pretty much limo style blackout? That would be too dark for us and not sure it would go with the silver car. We're pondering 20% or 35%. Not looked at just how dark 20% is, but if its too dark we'll go with 35%.

We're getting a black one, so just seeing what would go best with it.

btw for paint protection, near Ace Cafe (Wembley), there was this car wash/detailing place, called Over The Rainbow, think the owner sold it but they still offer those services and its been rebranded as unique car wash or something, if you get a chance head down there and see how much they quote. :)

We're getting a black one, so just seeing what would go best with it.

btw for paint protection, near Ace Cafe (Wembley), there was this car wash/detailing place, called Over The Rainbow, think the owner sold it but they still offer those services and its been rebranded as unique car wash or something, if you get a chance head down there and see how much they quote. :)

@J1n20 seems you're quite local to me. I'm Wembley based and quite familiar with Over the Rainbow. I read at a few complaints about Unique hence looking to avoid them.