Rear brake pads and discs

Hi all.

Just looking to replace my rear pads and discs. Checked euro car parts and seen eicher premium brake discs for £11.88.

Anyone had any experience with these or now of any cheaper?

Only looking for a cheap set until I can upgrade the rears to go with the 312mm im getting for the front.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Sam

Fitted millions of them. Ideal budget brakes if your going to remove them soon.

If you can afford it, pay the extra couple of quid and get the pagid brand, will perform pretty similar if not the same but come with a better rust proofing, like a thin coat of silver paint so the edges and centre all stay nice and clean.

• Like 1

Fitted millions of them. Ideal budget brakes if your going to remove them soon.

If you can afford it, pay the extra couple of quid and get the pagid brand, will perform pretty similar if not the same but come with a better rust proofing, like a thin coat of silver paint so the edges and centre all stay nice and clean.

Yeah I did look at the pagid ones and aren't that much more. So might just go for them then if they stay "cleaner".

Are they relatively easy to fit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^^^ as above. Regards removing them.

You can get the rewind tool on ebay amazon. I was lucky to borrow my bros set which had all attachments. It was first time id done these rewinds. Using tips from this site .make sure you push aswell as turn the tool to make the piston windback into caliper

Edited by vzo25
  • Like 1

Mintex are the next step up. I consider them a mild performance brand.

Always well made and fit well, others sometimes need the black paint on the pad sanding down slightly or cleaned up before fitting.

Downside, one of my local motor factors have stopped selling them due to huge complaints of squeeking.

Hi all.

Just looking to replace my rear pads and discs. Checked euro car parts and seen eicher premium brake discs for £11.88.

Anyone had any experience with these or now of any cheaper?

Only looking for a cheap set until I can upgrade the rears to go with the 312mm im getting for the front.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Sam

Yes, don't bother upgrading the rears, they barely do anything. The better your front brakes are, the less the rears contribute due to the increased weight shift under hard braking.

Eicher are about as bad as brakes get but they are very cheap, I wouldn't use them on the front but the back doesn't matter for the reasons I've already stated.

If you think £12 per disc is too expensive then you probably shouldn't even be trying to run a car, that's less than half a tank of fuel for a pair, seriously.

• Like 1

Pagids all the way. As mentioned if doing the rears you'll need a caliper rewind tool, MachineMart do a Laser branded one for ~£20. Be sure you get the one that's suitable for VW etc. TBH it's not a difficult job, perhaps a 2 out of 5 on the perplexion scale. Just follow the Haynes guide if you have one. If you don't, get one. Probably the best money you'll spend on your car.

• Like 1

Not for a beginner. You need some extra tools some DIY mechanics don't have. You need a rear brake caliper rewind tool. Even with the tool they can be a pain.

^^^^ as above. Regards removing them.

You can get the rewind tool on ebay amazon. I was lucky to borrow my bros set which had all attachments. It was first time id done these rewinds. Using tips from this site .make sure you push aswell as turn the tool to make the piston windback into caliper

Thanks for the heads up guys

Yes, don't bother upgrading the rears, they barely do anything. The better your front brakes are, the less the rears contribute due to the increased weight shift under hard braking.

Eicher are about as bad as brakes get but they are very cheap, I wouldn't use them on the front but the back doesn't matter for the reasons I've already stated.

If you think £12 per disc is too expensive then you probably shouldn't even be trying to run a car, that's less than half a tank of fuel for a pair, seriously.

As stated I don't want to spend too much, if a cheaper alternative was available, when I'm only going to be upgrading the rears, which is something I want to do, in the not so distant future.

I didn't say £12 was "too expensive" I just wanted to save pennies if possible for when I get round to upgrading the rears.

Try opie oils, i just got brembo rears for £20 (both discs) which is ridiculous pricing! Think pads were £17

Cheers for that. Just had a look and think I've found the set you have bought. Will wait till payday and might have to get some myself. [emoji106] especially as they are cheaper than the ones on euro car parts.

• Like 1

Cheers for that. Just had a look and think I've found the set you have bought. Will wait till payday and might have to get some myself. [emoji106] especially as they are cheaper than the ones on euro car parts.

Couldn't believe it myself, i even queried the price with Tim at opie, who said the price is correct and fine!

plus the briskoda opie discount? :)

I wish i thought to look at the brakes before - i just put an order for abour 120 in on opie last week!

Edited by Aldoo

plus the briskoda opie discount? :)

I wish i thought to look at the brakes before - i just put an order for abour 120 in on opie last week!

What do you mean briskoda discount? I need to know about this?!? [emoji23]

What do you mean briskoda discount? I need to know about this?!? [emoji23]

10% for briskoda members mate

I couldn't believe - the oil I was after was already miles cheaper than eBay! ..I'm gutted it took till now to even hear of them! Lol

10% for briskoda members mate

I couldn't believe - the oil I was after was already miles cheaper than eBay! ..I'm gutted it took till now to even hear of them! Lol

How do I get the 10% then? Is there a code I have to put in?