Octavia build dates for new orders

Ordered 2 cars 29/12/15 

1st Octavia VRS estate 2.0TSI 220 DGS

Quartz Grey - Grey stitching inside

Options. Auto Boot, Heated front and rear, reverse cam, KESSI (open and start).

Been given late March for delivery.

2nd Rapid Spaceback 1.2TSI 110 Manual.

Black Metallic

Options. Heated front seats and Hill Hold.

Been given late march Delivery.

Hoping they come early march but overall happy as another dealer locally told me 18 weeks for the Octavia so 10-12 weeks is better.

Will update along the journey.

Thanks for that.

Is that actual build dates or just a rough idea?

Ive ordered near enough the same Octavia as you apart from the DSG box and the only option I went for was sunset glass and I was told 18 weeks but as of yet havent been given a firm build date?

Edited by renton

That was a rough idea, the sales girl put the details in and the system said that time frame. I haven't heard anything since so i'm assuming the finance went through ok so will prob call today and just make sure.

Hi all Mr impatient here. !!!

I was just wondering how long it took most of you to get a build date after placing an order.

My order was put in on the 17the Dec and still not heard.

I appreciate it's the Xmas period so maybe just have to wait a bit longer.

Cheers.

Steve

Steve

Ordered my Vrs hatch, moon white, privacy glass, red stitching, Columbus sat nav, elec sun roof , black pack and 18" pictorus alloys on 3rd dec - got build wk 4 confirmed which is last week in Jan. Hoping for delivery 5th March

• Like 2

Steve

Ordered my Vrs hatch, moon white, privacy glass, red stitching, Columbus sat nav, elec sun roof , black pack and 18" pictorus alloys on 3rd dec - got build wk 4 confirmed which is last week in Jan. Hoping for delivery 5th March

• Like 1

They have increased the 0% offer till 31st March.......

Available on Solutions Personal Contract Plan. 18s and over. Subject to availability. Finance subject to status. Terms and conditions apply. Excluding Octavia vRS 230 and SE Business. Offer available when ordered by 31st March 2016 from participating Retailers. Offers are not available in conjunction with any other offer and may be varied or withdrawn at any time. Accurate at time of publication [01/16]. Freepost ŠKODA Financial Services.

Just had a estimated build week 3 for Octavia vRS TDI Manual with an estimated delivery mid Feb. Race Blue/Red Stitching with just some basic options of Front/Rear parking sensors and KESSY.

Ordered the car on 27th November 2015.

Hi All, 

Just had an email from the dealers and he has a provisional build week 5 for me with delivery possible towards the end of march.

Thats for a VRS estate 2.0 TSI manual

Quartz grey with sunset glass.

Well excited.

Edited by renton

Just ordered what will be my fourth vRS - swapping to petrol this time. Looking at a March delivery which suits me fine plate changes and all that!

Black with Red stitching and a few options

• Black pack
  • Folding door mirrors
  • Heated Windscreen
  • Heating seats (cos you cant get the windscreen without it)
  • Heated washer jets (cos you cant get the windscreen without it)
  • Spare wheel
  • Colour Maxidot
  • Canton sound
  • Bluetooth +
  • SmartLink

Looking forward to driving a petrol - anyone else made the swap from diesel to petrol recently?

Confirmed build week 2 (this week) so perhaps be here end of Jan beginning of Feb - looks like it will be a late 65 plate rather than early 16 - such is life

Last I heard my car was still due for end of January delivery (ordered early Nov). 

Presumably if that is the case it should be being built this week if it hasn't already. Would that be right? 

I've asked the dealer again for an update, but not heard back yet. (I've not had a build week confirmed as of yet). 

Last I heard my car was still due for end of January delivery (ordered early Nov). 

Presumably if that is the case it should be being built this week if it hasn't already. Would that be right? 

I've asked the dealer again for an update, but not heard back yet. (I've not had a build week confirmed as of yet). 

Ordered my VRS hatch (petrol) on Oct 16th. originally told on email (from Skoda UK) that my car build was beginning on 17th Dec (week before christmas. Got a call from the dealer on monday telling me that the build was happening this week. So hoping to get it around the end of the month. Fingers crossed.........Its been a long wait !!

I ordered my new 161 (irish reg) metallic black, vrs hatch before christmas, told it would be build week 5. I added on a few extra bits

Rear sunset glass,

canton sound system, 

black front grill

leather seats with red stitching and heated seats,

PFD 

Kessy system,

reversable mat in the boot. 

Cant wait, trading in an 11 VRS 

• Like 2

Confirmed build week 2 (this week) so perhaps be here end of Jan beginning of Feb - looks like it will be a late 65 plate rather than early 16 - such is life

Can't you put collection back till march anyway so you get the new plate, I know I would be wanting to do that.

I've managed to speak to Skoda (as my dealer hasn't replied yet).

Car is going in to build tomorrow, with delivery expected early Feb (or late Jan).

Ordered 8th November, so should be 3 months start to finish

Thanks for that.

Is that actual build dates or just a rough idea?

Ive ordered near enough the same Octavia as you apart from the DSG box and the only option I went for was sunset glass and I was told 18 weeks but as of yet havent been given a firm build date?

Just had an update now, ordered 29/12 Skoda just phoned to say the Octavia has a build week of 6 and should be ready to collect early march…stop on...

No build date on the Rapid SB yet but they are expecting it to be ready about the same time as it doesn't take as long to build one apparently.

• Like 1

Can't you put collection back till march anyway so you get the new plate, I know I would be wanting to do that.

I will definitely be pushing for that, working in the trade I realise the dealership might need to make their monthly quota. But if its towards the end of Feb I will be busy until March ;-) 

I will definitely be pushing for that, working in the trade I realise the dealership might need to make their monthly quota. But if its towards the end of Feb I will be busy until March ;-)

Same here. Spoke the dealer today and it was built last week. Should arrive at the dealer 2nd week in Feb. Told them I will pick it up on the 1st March.

I ordered my new 161 (irish reg) metallic black, vrs hatch before christmas, told it would be build week 5. I added on a few extra bits

Rear sunset glass,

canton sound system,

black front grill

leather seats with red stitching and heated seats,

PFD

Kessy system,

reversable mat in the boot.

Cant wait, trading in an 11 VRS

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252

{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;}

{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;}

\deftab720

\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs26 \cf0 \cb2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec3 I ordered 2.0 combi style on 7 Nov still no build date. ( Ireland too). Strange. What date u order yours. I sold me jeep and am reduced to driving a Yaris. I'm 6'3 and it's getting a bit annoting\uc0\u55357 \u56834 }

• 2 weeks later...

Just spoken to Skoda, and my car arrived in the UK on the 16th.

How long does it usually take for it to arrive at the dealer and go through PDI's etc? (I'm not sure which port it's at, but my dealer is based in Cardiff). 

Can't wait now! Rallye Green TSI DSG Hatch with black pack  :love:

8th November I think, so pretty good going bearing in mind there was a two week shutdown for Christmas. 

Original estimate was 12 weeks, but potentially longer with the Christmas break. Looks like their end of January estimate was pretty realistic after all!