PID worth it?

ManchesterJP

Better buy it when car is new. Later it feels pricey. ;)

I don't have it. I have Google maps and cheaper Bluetooth for music and phone.

I love mine, used it every time ive been in the car so far.

I got it free due to a bit of er determined bargaining lol

decent satnav on it, the trip computer is nice,  but my fav thing is that before I left the dealership I plugged a 32gb memory card full of music into it

Afraid my experience with the PID has not been good. I will be picking up the third one on Friday.

Both of the ones I've had have:

Started by forgetting phone numbers, being very intermittent with connecting to the phone's inbox and occasionally cutting out when in navigation mode. Gave up trying to play music from the phone and just stuck a memory card in the PID itself.

This has developed into refusing to connect to the phone altogether, necessitating a reset and re-pairing every time I want to use it and constantly cutting out in navigation mode.

The only thing that seems reliable is the display of car info.

My dealer (agent for VW, Skoda and Seat) tells me I am by no means alone and that as far as he is concerned the failure rate is quite high. I very much miss my old TomTom and Parrot bluetooth.

Edited by deejay1001

No. I have taken mine off. The car info is OK until it decides to reset itself in the middle of a journey. I found trying to set routes on the sat nav bit a pain & gave up. Stick with what the dashboard gives you & invest in a map. snapseller. (snapseller.weebly.com)

a map?   Id rather get lost than pull out one of those huge maps my dad used to "try" and use that take up half of the car!   Granted the touch screen can be a tad iffy but the idea of  driving somewhere new without satnav would be a non starter for me.   Apparently they are adding use of  satnav to the driving test this year.

• Like 2

satnav is good, lots of functionality, but unlike most satnavs the maps are not free for life,

Bluetooth hands free was tinny / not great quality, refused to connect to swmbo's ipod to stream music after its first update, battery failed out of the one year warranty on it so could not use it for more than 5 minutes stand alone 

but she used to use it every journey as it was easy to click onto stand, her new car she has a separate garmin satnav and does not use it as often

Edited by bluecar1

speaking of a pid.... did you guys get a box? or more importantly a lead?   

When I picked it up it was already plugged in and setup, just took it into the house to update it and realised I didn't have anything else!

Selling your Citigo too Stormchaser?

Yes the Pid unit is worth it , I had a charging problem on my first Citigo Pid but that's only problem I had and that was a navigon.

Selling your Citigo too Stormchaser?

Yes the Pid unit is worth it , I had a charging problem on my first Citigo Pid but that's only problem I had and that was a navigon.

Yes Mick. Getting my "fixed" Rapid back. I don't need 2 cars anymore [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk