My Sport is back.

MickA, on 25 Apr 2015 - 13:21, said:MickA, on 25 Apr 2015 - 13:21, said:

Blimey I've just been out in mine, it's got a very similar amount of mileage on as yours and mine's not been off the road since I bought it back in Sept 14. Must get out more. :sun:

Hope the car is ace for you now. :clap:  The wheel arch gap on mine seems a bit 4 x 4 but keep telling myself, "must not spent anymore money on cars"....hmm..

Mine's going in for a 1st service next week, at around 2600 miles, hardly seems worth it. Rather than the Seat dealer I negotiated a knockdown price with a loca Skoda dealer.

Service? Why? 

Mines older than yours and it's on variable (18000 mile) servicing (option code QI6) so it hasn't been done yet.

Edited by camelspyyder

Service? Why? 

Mines older than yours and it's on variable (18000 mile) servicing (option code QI6) so it hasn't been done yet.

I've had mine serviced and changed to 12 month/10,000 mile interval. It was due a service 12 months up last month. I prefer it done anually whatever car I've owned, my other car gets an oil change at around 3-4k miles too. First service is an oil change basically, something I can tackle at home, but of course there is a stamp to go in the book as a proof for the good people at Seat UK.

I've had mine serviced and changed to 12 month/10,000 mile interval. It was due a service 12 months up last month. I prefer it done anually whatever car I've owned, my other car gets an oil change at around 3-4k miles too. First service is an oil change basically, something I can tackle at home, but of course there is a stamp to go in the book as a proof for the good people at Seat UK.

Shhh...dont mention the service book - thats another SEAT included item the skoda guys dont get.

• Like 2

Just been out for a drive as I haven't driven it since I got it back last Friday due to having sciatica. It was a painful yet nice drive. So glad it's back [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Just been out for a drive as I haven't driven it since I got it back last Friday due to having sciatica. It was a painful yet nice drive. So glad it's back [emoji4]

Am I hell [emoji6]

All f***ed up again. Roll on July and it's bin time for this wreck. Bit like driving an expensive hire car.

We shall see what VWFS has to say about this later in the week with all there bull reassurances that all is ok lol.

Skoda say I've got a case this time for throwing it back with the confirmation from my dealer that it's a duff car again. Anyway I'm past caring about it now and waiting for its departure then back to the land of the rising sun for peace.

1509b37f902e35465cd112ea1c6ff451.jpg

There's not really any more that can be said about this that hasn't already been said.

I'll add one thing - take a look at a Dacia Logan once you've got rid of your lemon - 0.9 TCe might be the mix of car size and economy you are looking for.

All noted and thanks gents [emoji106]

Sorry about above but I've been told by SUK they are following my threads on here so I'm airing my views of disgust about there lousy customer service and total disregard of there customers. I shall be purchasing a real Japanese car once this thing is gone.

Please feel free to air your thoughts on here regarding Skoda UK and hopefully they might take note and learn [emoji6]

It's pretty obvious to people who are on here that SUks customer service erm, sucks.

Whenever there's a problem it's just deny everything and wait for the customer to go away.

Yet, they still expect these same customers to remain loyal!

• Like 1

Id also add that their arrogance is losing them some customers. I'm sure you would have replaced the Rapid with another citigo if they hadn't  pushed you away.

• Like 1

Yes I agree. I requested other Skoda models in the same price bracket but they declined for me to have them. So that's it as far as I'm concerned.

It's pretty obvious to people who are on here that SUks customer service erm, sucks.

Whenever there's a problem it's just deny everything and wait for the customer to go away.

Yet, they still expect these same customers to remain loyal!

I've been nothing but horrified by the utter contempt Skoda UK has for its customers, having been on the receiving end of it as well (over the issue with my rear doors).

Months of time wasting and going round in circles, staff lying about agreeing to resolve issues, then being caught out lying when challenged to produce the tapes of the calls where they claimed to have said the opposite. When when they begrudgingly offered a goodwill gesture, they lied multiple times about sending out written proof of, in my case, a free service.

Utter joke. Regardless of how good (or bad) my car ends up being, Skoda has ensured it has lost me as a customer when it comes to my next car, all because of Skoda UK and their mishandling of problems with the car. I suspect Stormchaser is thinking the same now given how he has been messed around by them, and don't blame him.

• Like 1

Speaking of how Skoda UK handles customer care issues, to what degree do you believe this is caused by Skoda Auto A.S.? I've heard complaints about Skoda customer care in other countries too, including mine.

• Like 1

Maybe someone should point Autoexpress in the direction of this thread?? Maybe an article about skodas lack of customer service might do something, them again, as skoda "sponsor" autoexpress, maybe not!

Maybe someone should point Autoexpress in the direction of this thread?? Maybe an article about skodas lack of customer service might do something, them again, as skoda "sponsor" autoexpress, maybe not!

No chance of that happening, Skoda spends too much on advertising in AutoExpress (and on its web site). I used to work for Dennis Publishing, the company that publishes Auto Express, so have first-hand experience.

What? really? - like when the original 2012/13 Rapid, horrible ride, poor equipment levels and all, still got 4.5 stars on its review, and the identical Toledo didn't.

Edited by camelspyyder

I purchased my rapid sport during Skodas big weekend in June, one of my reasons for purchasing the car was the 2 free services, one minor and one major. When the paperwork came through it said, one minor service, one minor service. This was of course wrong not least because you can't do two minor services back to back. I rang them and the person on the phone said he would have to check and get back to me later that day, "No" I said you won't, please check now the advert Skoda UK put out and you will see, I also told him you can't do 2 minor services back to back. He still insisted he check. Later that day he phoned back and confirmed I was right. Nearly 2 weeks later and I still haven't got confirmation that it's one minor and one major service. That's awful Skoda, you must not treat new customers like this, our impressions count and we will tell other people about bad experiences. This is only helping to turn me away from future purchases, stupid business sense!!

Speaking of how Skoda UK handles customer care issues, to what degree do you believe this is caused by Skoda Auto A.S.? I've heard complaints about Skoda customer care in other countries too, including mine.

I had some dealings with Skoda Auto back in 2010/11 and found them more helpful and customer focused than our importer. Though since then they have removed the e-mail contact details, so probably no longer deal directly with customer enquiries for the general public.

As a side note, we have recently replaced one of our Skoda's with another brand and I've noted their owners forum has the same opinion regard their importer when it comes to customer service.

Profit over everything else seems to rule these days and life is worse for it.

TP

• Like 1