Don't mess with Briskoda!

vxh26

Hhmmm... in the last 8yrs has the build quality and overall customer relations improved?? I dunno, bt it will be interesting to see if the group goes in a new direction with a new head man(or woman..)

If you sold cars for year on the basis of build quality and reliability then find your cars at the bottom of the reliability charts it's not a good thing.

Reassuringly expensive then becomes overpriced.

I think VAG is overpriced.

• Like 4

T5 owners would not agree with that.

Re-read Mac's post...it as a question.  Has build and reliability improved?

I'd have to say it's stagnated, if not deteriorated, and often in stupid little ways that a maker like VAG shouldn't be having issues with.

Perhaps that was Piech's issue, and Winterkorn and his supporters are only interested in reaping a quick buck, rather than long term reliability and steady incremental growth?

• Like 2

My in-laws have a new A3 and a new Clio. It's the Clio they rave about. I think because quality was expected with the Audi and to get quality with a Renault was a surprise. Plus they had a few stupid build quality niggled with the Audi that took the shine off it. Dealer was nothing special either considering the money they spent.

I think this could be a real turning point for the Volkswagen Group - firstly they need to secure the next man for the job, one with the experience they require, will it be Winterkorn, I don't think so. But also in terms of the overall group it's self - the Piech and Porsche families have a control right of 51% in the Porsche SE holding company. Furthermore, Piech himself (or more the family) hold about 13% in the Volkswagen.

Whoever takes over needs to reinvigorate their performance with disappointing profit margins across the huge company which now covers 12 different brands!

The glut of used vehicles sitting on forecourts as leases come to an end in the UK and other World Regions are going to be a major issue for 

the Volkswagen Group.

The world has changed and they have been renting out vehicles and using wealth to be in the Finance Business.

Chickens home to roost now that the real value of the used cars has dropped, and especially Volkswagen Group cars 

because of the poor Build Quality that has been obvious now for many years.

Maybe time Volkswagen had faith in their Products and gave 5 Year Warranties as a standard thing at Purchase.

Also better Service & Maintenance Packages for Private Buyers,

too much concern has been given to Fleet & Business Users, again on Lease.

My in-laws have a new A3 and a new Clio. It's the Clio they rave about. I think because quality was expected with the Audi and to get quality with a Renault was a surprise. Plus they had a few stupid build quality niggled with the Audi that took the shine off it. Dealer was nothing special either considering the money they spent.

Suprise is a conservative understatement...they should have it registered with the Vatican as a fully fledged modern day bona fide miracle..lol

Suprise is a conservative understatement...they should have it registered with the Vatican as a fully fledged modern day bona fide miracle..lol

Lol I know, I had one once.