Cruise control

I am sure most of the new mk3 owners here have tried the cruise control.

But has anyone figured out how to work it yet? I have yet to figure it out myself unless I am reading it wrong in the manual!

I am talking about the  SKODA FABIA DIESEL ESTATE 1.4 TDI SE 5dr 5 speed box

Well I must be doing something wrong then :(

I turn it on via the control on the indicator switch, set a speed, take my foot of the accelerator.. it just slows down.... :envy:  

Be sure you click the left side bottom button to start the cruise control.

There is no bottom button on the left side.

If you're referring to item D in the image below...

205oyf5.jpg

1) Switch cruise on

2) Get to the right speed

3) Press button C

4) Take your foot off the accelerator

1) Switch cruise on

2) Get to the right speed

3) Press button C

4) Take your foot off the accelerator

Sounds different to previous cruise versions?

Unless the manual and auto versions are different?

2010 Golf DSG you used to set a speed, click start, and itd literally floor it and redline in every gear until it got there

On my manual Fabia II, I always use the cruise control as a hand throttle device.

Just put A selector in position ON.

Get to the right speed
Press C and run at that speed

To accelerate press and hold B

To decellerate press and hold C

When in city traffic, disable the cruise control using the clutch pedal.

My next car will be at DSG-one,  so guess it will be a little more diffcult to disable the CC

Have just changed today from mk1 Fabia estate with cruise control to mk3 Fabia Hatch sel 1.2 the cruise control is slightly different in that the switch at the end of the arm is a rocker switch pressing top edge sets speed bottom edge when pressed slows speed down. The small push button underneath switches between speed limiter and cruise control. Slide top switch gently to the right till you feel spring resistance this turns off cruise and puts it in a standby position (change speed then press top rocker switch to engage cruise control) slide further till the switch clicks cruise is then turned off

The small push button underneath switches between speed limiter and cruise control. 

It seems that on the "SE" the small button (D) is missing, so I think it only has speed limiter which I found works, unless someone can tell me different?

With CC & a DSG, you just dab the brake and the CC is off until you select it again, very simple.

Yes, but I dont want to annoy the driver behind me.

So I will have to use switch.

• Like 1

On my manual Fabia II, I always use the cruise control as a hand throttle device.

Just put A selector in position ON.

Get to the right speed

Press C and run at that speed

To accelerate press and hold B

To decellerate press and hold C

When in city traffic, disable the cruise control using the clutch pedal.

My next car will be at DSG-one,  so guess it will be a little more diffcult to disable the CC

Actually, in the Fabia III pressing the clutch no longer disables the CC. This means that you can change gears and still keep the requested speed. To disable the CC, you have to use either the brake pedal, or switch A as described by JoePeddos. 

• Like 1

Actually, in the Fabia III pressing the clutch no longer disables the CC. This means that you can change gears and still keep the requested speed. To disable the CC, you have to use either the brake pedal, or switch A as described by JoePeddos.

Thats good news. The present Merc works that way, took a while to get used to it after the Octavia, but now its appreciated.

Have just changed today from mk1 Fabia estate with cruise control to mk3 Fabia Hatch sel 1.2 the cruise control is slightly different in that the switch at the end of the arm is a rocker switch pressing top edge sets speed bottom edge when pressed slows speed down. The small push button underneath switches between speed limiter and cruise control. Slide top switch gently to the right till you feel spring resistance this turns off cruise and puts it in a standby position (change speed then press top rocker switch to engage cruise control) slide further till the switch clicks cruise

then turned off

Sorry made a mistake re rocker switch bottom edge sets speed but if held in slows car down if you speed up and want to reset speed press top edge or press and hold top edge to increase speed release to set to new speed. Not happy about clutch pedal not disengaging cruise control found it very useful if you just want to slow down gently to junction or roundabout without ha ing to hit the break or slow down through the gears. Joe

PS Dont use the slowdown switch if you are close behind another vehicle (it only goes down slowly) i nearly crashed into the back of another vehicle

At least in FInland both are included starting from Ambition level (probably more or less same as SE). It is not even possible to get only one of them, but they are on the same line in the accessories price list. So I assume that if you have cruise you have the limiter, and the other way around. Press the button D while the button A is set to on (to the left) to find out.

Mine doesn't have the button "D" on the switch.

:( Are you certain? The button is actually at the bottom of the stalk, and is not really visible from the driving position. By feeling with a finger below the stalk, you should be able to find the button (if it is there) - it took me several weeks to find out how the limiter was working as I did not notice that button