Should you trust your dealer with your car? I don't!

Hmmmmmm

Possible a bit over eager to use the dashcam in this case, me thinks.

The kinda person interested enough in cars to go through all the training and years of working on cars required to become a Master Tech. is normally a PetroHead, 10mph over the speed limit IS conservative and respectfull driving by a PetroHead.

If you want someone whos got the Attitude, Skills and Knowledge required to be a Master Tech. you've just gotta accept that this is a part of the whole package, its a bit like wanting a great midfield footballer to go for ever 50/50 challenge but not get injured.

• Like 2

Hmmmmmm Possible a bit over eager to use the dashcam in this case, me thinks. The kinda person interested enough in cars to go through all the training and years of working on cars required to become a Master Tech. is normally a PetroHead, 10mph over the speed limit IS conservative and respectfull driving by a PetroHead. If you want someone whos got the Attitude, Skills and Knowledge required to be a Master Tech. you've just gotta accept that this is a part of the whole package, its a bit like wanting a great midfield footballer to go for ever 50/50 challenge but not get injured.

i would agree with that,

Nobody said the car hadn't been allowed to warm or certainly not the OP's first post and I dunno how the dashcam would have seen that.

In the first post the OP said it had only been driven 4 miles in a week, and was then driven at 60 and 80 mph. A diesel engine takes a bit more than 4 miles to warm up properly so I'd be proper miffed that my car was being driven by jokers with no respect for my property.

I couldn't care less about the pics or the slagging me off. 

Edited by Jigger72
  • Like 1

In the first post the OP said it had only been driven 4 miles in a week, and was then driven at 60 and 80 mph. A diesel engine takes a bit more than 4 miles to warm up properly so I'd be proper miffed that my car was being driven by jokers with no respect for my property.

I couldn't care less about the pics or the slagging me off. 

you can thrast the tits off a new car from cold, the ecu wont let you do anything that will damage the car.

• Like 1

Did you have a sign saying that they were being recorded. If not you were breaking the law. If the guy gets sacked you could be sued. Just something to think about.

I have a sign in the car for just this reason. And had cause to use it too, recently, when a car taken for a service was mistreated. As a result, I have been offered substantial discount on my next service (I am actually very happy with them in all other regards) and the driver is facing disciplinary.

you can thrast the tits off a new car from cold, the ecu wont let you do anything that will damage the car.

Hmmm, rather you test this nebulous theory than me.

• Like 1

If you consider that a "slagging off" you should get a thicker skin or drink less coffee, no offence was ever intended but, I do accept I'm always blunt.

No, I meant the OP getting slagged off by the jokers driving his car. Did you actually read the first post?

I have a sign in the car for just this reason. And had cause to use it too, recently, when a car taken for a service was mistreated. As a result, I have been offered substantial discount on my next service (I am actually very happy with them in all other regards) and the driver is facing disciplinary.

You don't need to display signs for CCTV cameras in a car. They're only necessary for businesses.

• Like 1

When mine was in for it's last service I asked them to check a rattle coming from the rear.  When I collected it they said the rattle was the tool kit being loose which I knew wasn't true as i'd checked it.  When I got home and checked the footage they hadn't even test drove it, just did 10 yards from the carpark to the ramps and back.  I took it up with the dealership who said the technician swore he drove it but they'd 'delt' with him and didn't need to see the footage which to me says they know it hadn't been driven. 

They had it back and found the rattle was coming from the boot struts which were then replaced under warrenty.

You don't need to display signs for CCTV cameras in a car. They're only necessary for businesses.

Perhaps, but I didn't want any argument emoticon-0100-smile.gif

I did think you had to tell them if you're recording on their premises, though.

In what way were they slagging you off? If they were having a pop I'd be having a face to face with them and the dealer manager. I hate dealerships, I have only found one that was good in twenty years. They generally don't give a funk about the owners or the cars, can't fix anything, and wouldn't notice a fault with a car missing two wheels and the engine missing.

When mine was in for it's last service I asked them to check a rattle coming from the rear.  When I collected it they said the rattle was the tool kit being loose which I knew wasn't true as i'd checked it.  When I got home and checked the footage they hadn't even test drove it, just did 10 yards from the carpark to the ramps and back.  I took it up with the dealership who said the technician swore he drove it but they'd 'delt' with him and didn't need to see the footage which to me says they know it hadn't been driven. 

They had it back and found the rattle was coming from the boot struts which were then replaced under warrenty.

Our friends in Warrington?

Mmmmm - I'm due a service in 2k, any one recommend a trustworthy dealership in the North West?

And don't mention Simpsons or I will fall off of my chair laughing - the only dealership I have heard of let a Fabia vRS owner drive off with no oil at all in the engine when it had been in for diagnosis of high oil consumption!

• Like 1

My car came back from the dealership with a deep scratch on the front bumper. There was no point in complaining though as i had no proof that they had done it. At least the OP had video footage to prove what happened.

Post it on here. .let's have a look.

I agree. I can't get my head around why the photos were taken. They work for skoda so it's not as if they got to work on a car they don't see every day.

I can't get my head around why the photos were taken.

Maybe as evidence for anticipated future discussions. A complaining customer is liable to say "and another thing..." so best to get photos at that point for when they come back later saying "and I noticed this scratch when I got home".

I would be concerned about them scratching/damaging my car, thrashing my motor cold, "racing" or generally abusing it (definitely would be upset about it being let out as a courtesy car!), but 10mph over the speed limit doesn't necessarily imply high revs or aggressive acceleration and if caught it would be points on their license, not mine. I think I'd have kept my powder dry on this one.