so I got my vcds and had a play

Been looking at buying one for ages and finally got one

So far I have programmed

Needle sweep with ign

All doors unlock with one blip

Auto locking

Teardrop wipe

I read that if I change to Australia it changes the km display to miles per hour I don't have maxidot but looking at getting one

Anything else worth programming ??

• Like 1

I`m certainly going to have to get this sorted out on mine, unlocking all doors on one blip would be the greatest step forward...Its the single biggest dislike of an otherwise great car

No fogs

Trying to source a cluster for maxidot

Am I right in thinking any later fabia or roomster will fit as long as the led is in the same place on the key

• 11 months later...

I had a fiddle with VCDS too

Didn't have the option to active needle sweep which is shame but no biggie

Activated 4 door opening with one click, auto locking and tear drop wipe but have no ide what it is haha

Also ativated coming home and leaving home lights but nothing has changed, handy feature on my mk5 golf gti so would like it to work, is this only available on Xenons ? I only have standard headlights in my scout

Lots of stuff became accessible after 2008, prior to that can bus protocol was 1.6 ... no access to needle sweep implies yours is pre-2008?

Edited by b1ackb1rd

Lots of stuff became accessible after 2008, prior to that can bus protocol was 1.6 ... no access to needle sweep implies yours is pre-2008?

It's 2013

I've checked and double checked but it's definitely missing. Odd

It's 2013

I've checked and double checked but it's definitely missing. Odd

Compared to my Touran I can access very little via VCDS on my 2007 Scout, I can't see this either. 

Have you got the latest Ross Tech software?

Compared to my Touran I can access very little via VCDS on my 2007 Scout, I can't see this either.

Have you got the latest Ross Tech software?

The Roomster, being based on the mkI Fabia is more limited than other cars of the same period but based on newer designs. The Roomster isn't full can bus unlike the Touran.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Been looking at buying one for ages and finally got one

So far I have programmed

Needle sweep with ign

All doors unlock with one blip

Auto locking

Teardrop wipe

I read that if I change to Australia it changes the km display to miles per hour I don't have maxidot but looking at getting one

Anything else worth programming ??

Wow - Can I get "One Blip" unlocking on mine ??? 1.2 TSi DSG 2013

Questions ?

Needle sweep with ign - Is that a burst of activity with IGN On ?

All doors unlock with one blip - Must Have !!!

Auto locking - ???? How does that work ????

Teardrop wipe - ???? No Idea ????

Please post any other great things that can be done as this is really interesting to find out about . . .

Thanks

Edited by petrev

Tear drop wipe is when put your washers on and the wipers go you get an additional wipe 5 secs later to prevent the usual tear drop of water down the screen

• Like 1

Auto lock and unlock are useful if you have a youngster who looks to leg it every time the car stops - I'm not mad on child locks

I turned off the tear drop wipe as it leaves a smear if you use an alcohol based screen wash. 

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to activate the needle celebration on a 2007 model?

Found indication celebrations under instruments > adaptions but get an error message when trying to activate

Wondering if it's worth the hassle haha

Try staging instead.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Auto lock and unlock are useful if you have a youngster who looks to leg it every time the car stops - I'm not mad on child locks

I turned off the tear drop wipe as it leaves a smear if you use an alcohol based screen wash. 

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to activate the needle celebration on a 2007 model?

I was under the impression for safety reasons the door cam still be opened from the inside