2015 Fabia Monte

Nice looking cars (on the exterior) with sports suspension and the bigger alloys

But oh my god i just cannot get over that interior.

Completely revolting. Would be nice to see a seat surgeons retrim and the red gone

I can see where you are coming from, it almost put us off getting one altogether when we looked at it in a sliver demonstrator.

After seeing it in the flesh with the red exterior we thought it went well though, I like it now, so do the majority of people that have been in it.

If there was an option to spec a different interior I think most people probably would though, myself included.

Nice looking cars (on the exterior) with sports suspension and the bigger alloys

But oh my god i just cannot get over that interior.

Completely revolting. Would be nice to see a seat surgeons retrim and the red gone

Bit far [emoji23] obviously it's not to everyone's tastes but it's hardly revolting... You're sat in the seats most of the time anyway, ha.

Bit far [emoji23] obviously it's not to everyone's tastes but it's hardly revolting... You're sat in the seats most of the time anyway, ha.

Exactly, you're sat in them and having to look at them, the interior is why I didn't wait for the Monte to come out, the exterior styling is great but the interior is awful.

A better seat fabric and non pinky/red centre console would improve things no end.

The seat trim wouldn't look out of place in a 1970s Allegro.

A shame as it's quite smart apart from that.

Edited by Brian69
  • Like 1

You are a very lucky fella; seems that Skoda UK have decided that a new customer does not want a Fabia Monte Carlo Estate with the 1.2 petrol engine and DSG gearbox anymore. Which is just the spec I want!

That's the spec I'd have gone for as well. Looks like I'll be looking else where when I come to chop the vrs in

The seat trim wouldn't look out of place in a 1970s Allegro.

A shame as it's quite smart apart from that.

Or a 70s Golf GTI [emoji12] I think it brightens up what is otherwise a slightly dull interior...

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88

I would have been intersted in one had it not been for the interior.

Surely it means you have to pick exterior colour to contrast with the interior

I couldnt imagine a green monte with the red interior.... Red and green should never be seen and all that

I would have been intersted in one had it not been for the interior.

Surely it means you have to pick exterior colour to contrast with the interior

I couldnt imagine a green monte with the red interior.... Red and green should never be seen and all that

Sure, it depends on the exterior colour, but I guess it also depends on how worried people are about it contrasting. I would say it looks good with the greys, red, blue etc.

There's red in a Golf GTI's interior with the checked seats, but then some of the colour options aren't quite as wild.

I think it adds quite a cosy/sporty feel to what is otherwise a slightly plain interior.

Interestingly, the models they've shown at the Geneva Motor Show this year and last didn't have the red centre console; maybe that's an option in the rest of Europe, or a deletable feature...

Sorry but what does that prove... so the reviewers dont like it.. its not about what they like, its about what we like as the drivers of the cars. I for 1 wanted a car that looked the part, was nippy enough for city driving, easy to drive, and comfortable (even with sports suspension as an option).. plus the £5k in my pocket for the equivilent audi or £3k for volkswagen. 

Im happy with it and love it for work.

• Like 2

Sorry but what does that prove... so the reviewers dont like it.. its not about what they like, its about what we like as the drivers of the cars. I for 1 wanted a car that looked the part, was nippy enough for city driving, easy to drive, and comfortable (even with sports suspension as an option).. plus the £5k in my pocket for the equivilent audi or £3k for volkswagen.

Im happy with it and love it for work.

I often wonder what Autocar's definition of "interested drivers" is. They go mad for the MINI, for example. Having test driven one recently, whilst it had great steering and good road holding, for the most part I didn't 'enjoy' it any more than I did the Fabia. I certainly couldn't get as comfortable as I could in the Fabia.

In fairness to VW the Polo R-Line is the closest equivalent but even that, after discount, is around £800-£900 more than the Monte.

I didn't buy ours for the sake of it being a "warm" hatch, (it's an estate anyway) I bought it because it's good looking, should be reliable, relatively inexpensive and for it's class a mahoosive boot.

Ticks all the boxes for me.

• Like 1

It's a nice motor. But they should do something with the interior. By this I mean have a choice of interiors

It clashes badly with certain colours.

No offence to anyone that has a different combination but I wouldn't even consider one with the interior on anything other than the red or grey, just looks wrong.

• Like 2

I didn't buy ours for the sake of it being a "warm" hatch, (it's an estate anyway) I bought it because it's good looking, should be reliable, relatively inexpensive and for it's class a mahoosive boot.

Ticks all the boxes for me.

Exactly. I think there's a lot to be said for "warm hatch" looks but with more realistic running costs etc.

I think some of it is Autocar being presumptuous in calling it "warm" because last time I checked, Skoda don't.

I've just purchased one of these today, got candy white although personally I'd have loved the red. I had one of the mk 2 montes back in 2012 and loved it, getting rid of that was one of the biggest mistakes I have made car wise! I was looking at an Octavia as I wasn't keen on the new fabia, however after a test drive and looking at it, it grew on me and I do agree with some comments about the interior colours and the dealer even said it doesn't look right in anything other than the red, white, black and possibly the grey. I am looking forward to driving it in a week or two when it arrives. The monte definitely has something about it that just makes it a lovely car.

• Like 2

I didn't want to give the one I test drove back which is always a good sign! As nice as the rapid spaceback is I do miss the fabia and the styling of the monte as its just a bit more sporty and I find it feels a little more "me" and more fun than just the ordinary SE which the the dealer said could have been an option

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is now a "Warm Hatch" from what AutoCar determine.... I just had a silent chip system sent from Germany over with a guarantee from the manufacturer that it will not affect my warranty. I have also fitted a K&N Panel Filter to it.. I bought it as a 110hp 1.2 DSG... its now pumping 142hp. A little warmer and a little closer to the Vrs that I had to let go for work when I got this.

Best of all, it takes all of 4 mins to pull both mods with no trace when it goes in for servicing so the dealer will be none the wiser too ;) 

• Like 2

Mine I ordered on the 26th March it's being built next week, with delivery in June. I decided to go for the Monte Hatch in Red with 17"alloys. Decided for plain as i couldn't justify the extras on a car I'm never going to own. I do feel I got played when he sold me the Gap insurance for £500 for 3 years when I have seen other prices around.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mine I ordered on the 26th March it's being built next week, with delivery in June. I decided to go for the Monte Hatch in Red with 17"alloys. Decided for plain as i couldn't justify the extras on a car I'm never going to own. I do feel I got played when he sold me the Gap insurance for £500 for 3 years when I have seen other prices around.

You dont have to pay for the GAP insurance before you pick up the car so tell him that you have changed your mind or that you have found the same level of cover elsewhere and that you want it removed. 

You dont have to pay for the GAP insurance before you pick up the car so tell him that you have changed your mind or that you have found the same level of cover elsewhere and that you want it removed.

I had the Gap added to my finance application.... So I've already been approved for that figure, I don't think it can be removed now. Can you recommend anywhere for the GaP just in case I can have it removed I also paid for two services in with the finance.