Carista - dial staging enabled!

OK, I shall try to get it posted to a friend in the US and then brought back in their luggage.

you can do if your able to do that,

Will the US version work over here.  I do not see why not.

That's one that I got and does not work lol

trying to get them to send replacement

Weird! Did it connect to your phone OK and then couldn't read the ECU? I had a bit of trouble connecting but it's worked perfectly since I got it connected.

Weird! Did it connect to your phone OK and then couldn't read the ECU? I had a bit of trouble connecting but it's worked perfectly since I got it connected.

Hiya, yeah I got it connected to phone but carista says device is defective a5975f1bcc3b806ec42171577d41897f.jpg

What did you do different?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, yeah I got it connected to phone but carista says device is defective a5975f1bcc3b806ec42171577d41897f.jpg

What did you do different?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I don't think your problem is with the car or they way you are using the app at this point.  For now it's a problem with the ELM module - I had exactly the same issue.  Amazon and eBay are full of cheap copies of the original ELM software/device claiming to have software version 1.4 or higher within the device (which is needed to perform the customisation functions you are attempting here) but in fact aren't and this error is actually what one sees in this case.  I'm waiting for the genuine Carista ELM devices to become available in the UK currently only available in the US and will perhaps try again at that point unless the price is excessive.

Edited by picnmix

Here's a Bluetooth adapter which works with Carista

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009NPAORC/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

Plugged it in to my Space back sport and accessed the customizations without any problem.

Unfortunately I cannot change anything as I'm running the app on my Kindle fire which doesn't allow me to gain the paid functions via Google play store. I contacted Carista who advised me of the imminant launch of an Amazon version for Kindle users. I'll upload this app when available.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it right Carista charge a one off payment of £15.99 on the first use of the App?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No that's for the pro version. The free one just tells you there is issues.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

• Like 1

Been following this thread for last few weeks, have to say that the Carista app is absolutely awesome.

Just got in from work and my wireless dongle had turned up.

10 mins later and I've added Dial sweep, one touch unlock, seatbelt beep disabled, auto lock when moving turned off, beep when locked.

Loads and loads of other stuff available as well.

One thing though, I've signed up to the beta test program. But I have had no email confirmation from them, and I can't find the beta version available to download anywhere.

I'm running iOS not android

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a Bluetooth adapter which works with Carista

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009NPAORC/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

I can confirm this one works fine with Carista (free and Pro versions). I was able to add a enable a few bits on my Rapid.

Some pics of the adapter in case you want to try and find it somewhere else ... 

20150828_105655.jpg

20150828_142649.jpg

20150828_142702.jpg

Bought an official carista obd tool and finally managed to set the Toledo up more than I asked the dealer to do.

Disabled the seat belt beep

Enabled dial staging

Enabled tear drop wipe

Changed the cluster to Australia so I could get the digital speedo

Played about with the lane change indicators but decided to stick with 3 flashes

Plus a few other things I can't remember, well worth the money!

• Like 2

Nice one Juego.

Also recommend enabling speed sensitive wipers (took me a couple of goes to get the setting to take, but it does work).

• Like 3

I picked up our replacement car yesterday (in black but our white one looked so much better!)... first thing I did after leaving the dealership was drive to the nearest lay-by and do some customisation with Carista :) Nice to be back in a rapid... it needs a good clean though!

I picked up our replacement car yesterday (in black but our white one looked so much better!)... first thing I did after leaving the dealership was drive to the nearest lay-by and do some customisation with Carista :) Nice to be back in a rapid... it needs a good clean though!

Great news. Glad you're back in one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk