Carista - dial staging enabled!

Is that a loan car, or did the insurance replace like-for-like?

The third party's insurance were good to be fair they replaced it like for like...as close to as they could, there were only 3 2013 1.2TSI elegance's on autotrader which included 2 skoda approved ones (one which turned out not to be an elegance with climate control or parking sensors!) in the end we have an older model by 2 months and with an extra owner on it but with 10,000 miles less on the clock :) And black isn't all that bad!

• Like 1

Nice one Juego.

Also recommend enabling speed sensitive wipers (took me a couple of goes to get the setting to take, but it does work).

I'll need to have a look, gonna play about with it again

There has been a similar thread running in the Fabia Mk2 area on the use of the Carista App, if you are using anything from the IOS family the connection must be by WiFi, if you are using Android then the connection is by Bluetooth.

For any IOS users out there I have just used this dongle with my iPhone 5C to very good effect: -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111706812531?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&clk_rvr_id=891644012233&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Good luck with your modding :)

PS I have no connection with the trader but can tell you that their service is brilliant!

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Carista have finally begun marketing their own dongle in the UK.

It works for both Android and IOS and is (apparently) guaranteed to work :peek:

Quite costly though: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carista-Adapter-iPhone-iPad-Android/dp/B00YVHGTBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440925658&sr=8-1&keywords=carista

I'm still using my "generic" dongle which works "most of the time" with both my Rapid and Yeti. The main issue I have is having to re-pair it between alterations. I'm using the latest Beta of the Android version.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Carista have finally begun marketing their own dongle in the UK.

It works for both Android and IOS and is (apparently) guaranteed to work :peek:

Quite costly though: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carista-Adapter-iPhone-iPad-Android/dp/B00YVHGTBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440925658&sr=8-1&keywords=carista

I'm still using my "generic" dongle which works "most of the time" with both my Rapid and Yeti. The main issue I have is having to re-pair it between alterations. I'm using the latest Beta of the Android version.

I bought an eBay dongle and carista kept telling me it was defective. I bought the carista one and it works perfectly! To save any hassle i didn't mind what it cost because it's guaranteed to work and if it doesn't you have security of a refund or replacement. Edited by Juego

£32 isn't too bad if the thing doesn't work. It took me three goes to find a 3rd party WiFi unit that worked (luckily all bought from Amazon so able to send the duds back for a prompt refund). If I were buying a unit today, I too would just buy the Carista one.

I got the fully functional bluetooth adaptor today - many thanks for the recommendation it's working a treat.   I've got the single click door unlocking going, tear drop washer wipe, dial staging going - all super.

Couple of questions: 

1.  It listed a couple of things as disabled when I started - The daylight running lights and side mirror heating when rear heated window operating.  The daylight running lights have always been operating and I think the same is true of the side mirror heating although can't be sure as I haven't yet been through a winter with the car.  I've now set them both to enabled and can see no difference (no that I was really expecting to) the daylight running lights still operate as they always have and can't yet comment on the side mirror heating it's not cold enough (but not far off!).  No problem obviously just seems a bit quirky and wondered if anyone else had seen this.

2.  Can't get the big mph display working.  I've set language to Australia and saved with Carista then disabled alternative mph display on the car but no joy. How does one get to see it; on my car I can cycle through Audio, Phone, Trip Computer stuff, Settings (but not whilst driving) with the buttons on my steering wheel.  Does it appear as a new option when going through the ones I've listed or is there a special technique?  

Can't get the big mph display working.  I've set language to Australia and saved with Carista then disabled alternative mph display on the car but no joy.

Not just language... You should change country for Australia

Just got it going,  Region -> Australia (Carista) and Alt. speed disabled (car settings) and tick the newly appeared Digital Speedometer option in MFD setting (car settings)

All good, thanks.

New update for the Beta this morning, but no additional customisation options for the Rapid :thumbdown:

I did email Carista to ask if any new additions were likely, but they replied every possible option is currently featured in the Beta.

To date I've managed:

• Tear drop wipe
  • Brake lights flash in emergency braking
  • Hazard lights flash in emergency braking
  • All doors unlock on one press
  • Silenced alarm chirp
  • Altered number of indicator flashes (3 -> 2)
  • Coming home lights (operated manually with flasher stalk)
  • Dial staging

I tried numerous others (large MPH display etc), but not possible on my MY 2013 Elegance TSi (with Maxidot).

I was keen to silence the "Bong" when the Bluetooth connects, but not possible unfortunately :x

All in all well worth the (fairly minimal) cost :thumbup:

Mine doesn't bong either with the sat nav etc in mine. I've activated a lot and tried the open and close windows with the key in lock and long press but it didn't work so turned it back off again

I thought the bong was just in the cars with Swing head units and Bluetooth?

Only other feature I'd like to enable is hill-hold assist (when compatible ABS unit is fitted). I did ask them about it and they said they were looking into it.

Mine doesn't bong either with the sat nav etc in mine. I've activated a lot and tried the open and close windows with the key in lock and long press but it didn't work so turned it back off again

The hardware is not in the rapid for auto closure.

I 've talked with them on ther FB page about the BT bong and they replied they'll look into the matter. Strange, because this 'mod' is not more diffucult or more special than the other ones they already have done.

@camelspyyder: If you enable the bong, it will interrupt the music/radio for about 10 seconds, will that not be annoying for you? That's the reason I want to get rid of it. After all, just by looking at the MFD I can tell if the BT is connected, I don't need the bong to **** me off.

@pinkpanther: Coming home lights (operated manually with flasher stalk), can you please elaborate on how you use this feature? I might be doing something wrong.

New update for the Beta this morning, but no additional customisation options for the Rapid :thumbdown:

I did email Carista to ask if any new additions were likely, but they replied every possible option is currently featured in the Beta.

To date I've managed:

• Tear drop wipe
  • Brake lights flash in emergency braking
  • Hazard lights flash in emergency braking
  • All doors unlock on one press
  • Silenced alarm chirp
  • Altered number of indicator flashes (3 -> 2)
  • Coming home lights (operated manually with flasher stalk)
  • Dial staging

I tried numerous others (large MPH display etc), but not possible on my MY 2013 Elegance TSi (with Maxidot).

I was keen to silence the "Bong" when the Bluetooth connects, but not possible unfortunately :x

All in all well worth the (fairly minimal) cost :thumbup:

I did similar, but the "coming home lights" didn't seem to work on our 2014 Spaceback.  Tried a couple of times but didn't seem to work :(

I did similar, but the "coming home lights" didn't seem to work on our 2014 Spaceback. Tried a couple of times but didn't seem to work :(

I couldn't get them to work either... They do say you have to flick one of the stalks to get them to come on.

I couldn't get them to work either... They do say you have to flick one of the stalks to get them to come on.

Yeah, used to have this on an Octavia II vRS and Fabia I vRS so I assume if it's going to work on the Rapid, it would be exactly the same?

Flash your headlights with the key out of the ignition, this will activate the coming home lights

Yeah that's what I've been trying.  Seems our 2014 Spaceback doesn't support this even when enabled in Carista.

Edited by naxtek