Brisky Racing - let's go racing!

BossFox

None of us have actually finished 6 races yet, so we still have our novice crosses. :D

Hopefully those will all go in 2017.

You could pass for a non-novice :)

I've lost the cross now though, beauty of two races a weekend in the clios... 2 signatures lol

I did chuckle at Brands when I qualified on pole with my novice target on the back for all the other drivers. :D

Isn't that the same when someone attempts to race you in the yeti around the track ;)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Are you going to do Spa?

I went to Spa with Laranca in September as part of the race team and it is fantastic there.

We can;t as you need a National A license and we are all on National B still as novices still to secure a position in 6 races.

I might make it, but the others won't so we'll look at doing it next year.

• Like 1

Saw snetterton on the list, thought it would be great to come and help out..............then remembered thats the day I go to Scotland to pick up my Capri :notme:  Hope it goes well!

• 1 month later...
On 13/02/2017 at 19:22, AMD87 said:

Not fancy a trip up to scotland for a place in the fiesta st's up here?

Not really.

No races in Scotland in our series and it's a long way from London to shift a lot of cars.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BossFox said:

Not really.

No races in Scotland in our series and it's a long way from London to shift a lot of cars.

I try to not spend other people's money unnecessarily, but for me it's 9 hours to Knockhill, and more like 11 to Oulton Park, 12 to Croft so you maybe see why I'm not likely to head to the tracks you normally do visit?

3 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

I try to not spend other people's money unnecessarily, but for me it's 9 hours to Knockhill, and more like 11 to Oulton Park, 12 to Croft so you maybe see why I'm not likely to head to the tracks you normally do visit?

Makes perfect sense.

Knockhill from us with driver hours, HGV carring 4 cars plus a twin deck transporter, fuel and hotels/food meant it was over £3,000 to do a one day event.

30 minutes ago, BossFox said:

Makes perfect sense.

Knockhill from us with driver hours, HGV carring 4 cars plus a twin deck transporter, fuel and hotels/food meant it was over £3,000 to do a one day event.

Oh yes. I once surprised Barry Lee (yes that one) by pointing out that I'd done as many hours travel to make Knockhill as he had from Essex!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/04/2017 at 15:53, KenONeill said:

Speaking of "racing cars" Richard, do you still have the Elan, or is it now a Skyline too? :)

Yes still got the Elan.

Plus an Evora now too.

Can't race Skyline yet as new MSA rules limits cars over 350bhp/tonne to non novices.

And with 5 classified finishes I'm still a novice.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BossFox said:

Yes still got the Elan.

Plus an Evora now too.

Can't race Skyline yet as new MSA rules limits cars over 350bhp/tonne to non novices.

And with 5 classified finishes I'm still a novice.

I was thinking that running the Elan more might make sense for reasons, mostly that it seems to be more reliable than your Briskie Fiesta! And hence you could get rid of the novice cross sooner.

5 hours ago, KenONeill said:

I was thinking that running the Elan more might make sense for reasons, mostly that it seems to be more reliable than your Briskie Fiesta! And hence you could get rid of the novice cross sooner.

I try to run the cars that are on the same day, as I like to have a day off and not spend all weekend racing.

Fiesta and Evora are Sat and Elan Sunday, so doing the Saturday.

Original plan was to do all weekend as Skyline was both days but now that's not racing I can have Sunday off! :)

• Like 1

It was a great day, especially that you finished the race in your car given some bad luck previously, and taking the win made it that bit extra special! Your battle with the Corsa was fun and he kept you on your toes for sure! I was glad to be there to help all of the team in whatever way I could. Weather was blinding, literally at some points, but at least I had a hat.. poor skippy LOL. :)

• Like 1