So was driving into work this morning when all of a sudden the oil light came on in the car, pulled over and checked the dipstick oil was pretty low - topped it up and all good now. Only had the service done two months ago (first service) my question is this normal for oil to drop so much straight after a service? I spoke to the dealer who said to keep an eye on it?

Its a MK3 octavia dsg

thanks

If it's a diesel, they are known to use a drop or two of oil from new but as the miles climb, it reduces.

Not all do it, my old golf used loads for the first 10k, even my Scirocco used a bit but the Octy hasn't needed a drop between services.

As they say, keep an eye on it, if the situation doesn't repeat itself, it suggests the dealer under filled at the last service :(

is this normal for oil to drop so much straight after a service? I spoke to the dealer who said to keep an eye on it?

Definately not (unless you've done 20,000km in a month).

Its normal for a new diesel to use some oil before the first service, around 1L or so but this is over 30,000km

As Mence said, its likely that it wasn't fully filled by the dealer at the service.

You should ask them at least for a new "top-up" oil, make sure its the good Castrol Edge Professional.

If it goes down again in the next week, take it straight to the dealer.

I've put more oil in my Mk3 TSI in 1200 miles than I put in my MK2 Fabia in a year ! When engines are running in they often use a bit more oil , just worth keeping an eye on it and check it regularly

My 1.4tsi used about 100-150ml of oil in first 2000k, but hasn't used any since (6k on clock now).

How many ks on your TSI now?