just bought wifey a roomy

Thanks for the welcome

We bought a pre reg 'black edition' with 47 miles on the clock so virtually new I guess

I think they all have the same engine/spec. Engine feels quite punchy which is surprising.

We were just sniffing around the local stealership and despite seeing them millions of times on the road we took a lossr look at the odd ball roomster. We were astounded by the ease of entry for the rear seats.

One of our children has cerebral palsy and is unable to climb in by himself. The low bench seat that is unhindered by the rear arch.

Anyway ws bought one and should collect tomorrow. Happy days.

We are soon to be proud owners of two skoda cars.

Obviously we are now officially old!

In a lot of Eurozone and other international markets they are bought just as much by the trendy mountainbiker outdoorsy types as they are by families and older drivers.They are great cars,you'll love yours....i prromise you :|

• Like 1

Well it's the wife's car so I'm sure she will like it.

She has a BMW X1 at the moment so that will be going soonish as we've had it 3 years. Never really been that impressed tbh

the load space is where the roomy comes into it's own. being able to take seats out etc

but the height of the rear seats and the amount the rear doors open make getting less mobile people in / out far easier, and easier loading of stuff

kids love it as well as the rear seats are a bit higher so they have a better view than a std car

it is a very practical car,

but the looks are a bit marmite (love it / hate it)

only reason I no longer have mine is I used the rear of a Renault to stop one day :(

Edited by bluecar1
  • Like 1

I thought it was brilliant the first time I saw it. I had to get a car that had a lot of boot space for my R/C car racing and one the wife could drive. It's more than practical for us. The only thing recently that I have been doing, I've been on a bit of a mission to find some seats that are a bit more comfortable(I suffer with upper and lower back pain) have some Seat Leon Cupra R seats in at the moment. Apart from that, cars a good un. :clap:

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing what you think of it.

I stuck roof rails, body side moulds, bumper tailgate protector and wind deflectors on mine. Got to say the rails and side moulds made a huge difference to its looks.

Yeah that does look good with the bits on. Very nice indeed

I have already bought the stick on rubber bumper strip as that's what I have on my Fabia

Here it is earlier today ready to be driven away. It was a september 2014 reg with 47 miles on. Apparently just registered and stashed at the back of the compound. Great price and saving. 

Drives really nice - comfortable 'roomy' and brisk enough not to frustrate

file_zps7mdnd4oo.jpg

• Like 4

The roomie is a great car. I originally went in to buy a Yeti but the wife wanted the roomie. Yes, the space of entry in the back makes for an unimpeded entry and I can strap grandson in the back without bending down. good for car boots also

• Like 1

Thanks for the positive comments.

Its at my workshop at the moment - it will be getting a full detail and nano paint coating before she is let loose with it. It will make my life easier as its me that will get to clean it!

I do like the seats too - seem far comfier than my vrs seats - are they different? (aside from the colour and material)

Smart motur! I have spent MONTHS deliberating over what to replace my blue 59 plate 1.9tdi se with. And yes... I've gone for another Roomie! For my budget nothing appeals more. Am getting a 64 plate 1.6tdi scout in silver. Roomies rule. May use thus site to get some cheap and cheerful tips on how to tart it up!